An "I don't want to find it" filter

bubble & squeak

Sick of trawling through those caches close to home that you've decided you never want to engage with? Wouldn't it be nice to log a 'don't want to find this cache' and to be able to exclude them from lists and maps. The owner wouldn't need to see the post! I'm sure this has been suggested before, just couldn't see it on the forum...

Sick of trawling through those caches close to home that you've decided you never want to engage with? Wouldn't it be nice to log a 'don't want to find this cache' and to be able to exclude them from lists and maps. The owner wouldn't need to see the post! I'm sure this has been suggested before, just couldn't see it on the forum...
That exists. It's the "Ignore" button in the upper right corner of every cache page. Edited by TrailGators
That exists. It's the "Ignore" button in the upper right corner of every cache page.

The ignore function doesn't work for not showing the cache on the maps however - just on the PQs. Also, there use to be a moving cache in my area that I would keep getting coordinate updates even though it was on my ignore list I kept getting "Instanotify" Notification email. It would be nice for the ignore function be expanded so they didn't show on any of the instant notifications.

That exists. It's the "Ignore" button in the upper right corner of every cache page.

Anyone know how to turn your "ignore" caches back on?

I think there should be a place on the cache page that shows how many cachers are ignoring the cache. Just like how many are "watching" Maybe this will let the cache owner know what other cachers think about the "quality" of his or her cache. Any thoughts on this?

I personally do not think that a cache owner should assume that I personally think that his/her cache is of low quality just because I personally choose to ignore it.

The word "personally" appears to make it clear that I am not trying to speak for all cachers.

let the cache owner know what other cachers think about the "quality" of his or her cache

I no longer use the ignore function. But when I was using it I used it on boat caches that I knew I wouldn't attempt until we bought new kayaks, some puzzle caches that I'd given a few minutes to and decided not to fool with, and "walk in the park" type caches.

Ie, there's no useful info in that ignore list.

Each time I see this suggestion, it's based upon the assumption that other cachers are ignoring caches over "quality" issues. While that may be true some of the time, it was never true for me. I

And in face to face conversations about this, the cachers I've spoken with seem to be doing a very similar thing - ignore boat (or other special equipment caches) ignore puzzles, ignore whatever - I've actually had people tell me that they "like my stuff, but ignore my multis". Some people don't do multi caches. Fine.

I'd say "walk in the park" caches are among the most popular. I personally am over them. It's not "quality", just a personal preference.

....Ie, there's no useful info in that ignore list.

Each time I see this suggestion, it's based upon the assumption that other cachers are ignoring caches over "quality" issues. While that may be true some of the time, it was never true for me.

Ditto.

While there are a handful of caches on my ignore list that are on there for quality reasons (for example, a needle in a haystack micro in the middle of an intersection and a cache hidden in an exciting part of town), most of them are on there because I don't have a boat and am tired of seeing them on the map when I'm planning weekend runs. I still hope to do them one day, but that would require some advance planning.

I know that some people are ignoring a puzzle or two of mine, but that's because they don't plan on solving it any time soon, not because they are poor quality.

Edited by DavidMac