Pocket Queries?!? What are they?

swizzle

If you go to www.geocaching.com/pocket you can create a query that will let you download up to 500 caches of the type, difficulty, terrain etc that you want. When you select a day they will be e-mailed to you in a GPX file. This can be viewed with several different utilities including Watcher(my favorite) GSAK(most powerful)Cachemate(Palm) and others. You can also use GSAK or GPSBabel to upload all the caches to your gps.

A couple of notes.

Don't select to many parameters. Many times this can lead to no results. The most common error is trying to select all the caches you have found and all the caches you haven't found. Since a cache can't be both you will get no results returned.

I tried to download info into my magellan sportrak map and I ended up clearing everything off of it. I had to start everything all over again. For now I think I'll just add the numbers manually. Someday when I'm rich and famous I'll buy a new gps. I'm thinking about switching to a garmin. Something without too many bells and whistles would be nice. What are your favorite premium membership features? I downloaded Google Earth and most of my area is blurry?!? What's up with that. Terraserver is better then google earth in those areas. Is there a way to clear up the blurriness? Swizzle

What are your favorite premium membership features?

My favorite feature is the pocket queries and the ability to incorporate them into "paperless caching".

It saves an incredible amount of time versus manually loading coordinates and printing or noting cache descriptions and hints.

Aside from that, the free pass to the local Groundspeak gym and indoor pool is definitely a bonus.

What are your favorite premium membership features?

My favorite feature is the pocket queries and the ability to incorporate them into "paperless caching".

It saves an incredible amount of time versus manually loading coordinates and printing or noting cache descriptions and hints.

Aside from that, the free pass to the local Groundspeak gym and indoor pool is definitely a bonus.

And the best free advice money can buy!