Cheapest place to buy City Navigator?

Chesskey

I think it was $109 at Best Buy today. Then the guy tells me it was on sale last week for $79 or $89.

I'm waiting for the next sale!

Update: That price was for the update. After reading through the forums, contrary to what the salesboy told me, means you have to already own an older version of CN to use the update.

Edited by MarcusArelius

I think it was $109 at Best Buy today. Then the guy tells me it was on sale last week for $79 or $89.

Update: That price was for the update. After reading through the forums, contrary to what the salesboy told me, means you have to already own an older version of CN to use the update.

Actually, the update DVD has the full install in it if you know how to get to it.

Go to Garmin2008/Windows/MSI and click on CNNANT2008Update_ENU.msi

If the mods think it's wrong posting this, then feel free to delete it. It's just knowledge, it's not a crack.

Actually, the update DVD has the full install in it if you know how to get to it.

Go to Garmin2008/Windows/MSI and click on CNNANT2008Update_ENU.msi

If the mods think it's wrong posting this, then feel free to delete it. It's just knowledge, it's not a crack.

Are you doing this in the CD, or do you need to go somewhere online to get the info? Thanks.

It's a file that's already located on the DVD. At LOT of update software is actually a full install.

I don't get it, the Fry's salesboy told me the same thing as Best Buy. That the update is the full version. How can that be right when they are selling it for $70 and everyone else is buying it online for over $100?

My 60CX came with nothing but Base Maps so I need a full LICENSE, not an update license.

It's a file that's already located on the DVD. At LOT of update software is actually a full install.

I don't get it, the Fry's salesboy told me the same thing as Best Buy. That the update is the full version. How can that be right when they are selling it for $70 and everyone else is buying it online for over $100?

My 60CX came with nothing but Base Maps so I need a full LICENSE, not an update license.

... because they're hoping the Average Joe Public won't know how to do the full install from the update DVD. Most folks will think "I don't have it so I have to buy the full install" or else "I already have it so I'll just buy the update". It's easier for Garmin to make almost identical installs rather than two separates. They just add a little program at the beginning of the update which is different than the full install. One checks on your system, and one doesn't.

... because they're hoping the Average Joe Public won't know how to do the full install from the update DVD. Most folks will think "I don't have it so I have to buy the full install" or else "I already have it so I'll just buy the update". It's easier for Garmin to make almost identical installs rather than two separates. They just add a little program at the beginning of the update which is different than the full install. One checks on your system, and one doesn't.

Do you still need an unlock code for each device? I have a free upgrade coming for my Nuvi350, so is there any way to get the full install on my 60CSx as well? Thanks.

Im sure I'll be corrected if im wrong but if im not mistaken, for the update coupon to work, garmin requires the gps its to unlock to have been previously unlocked.

If so, people buying the update as their first maps wont be able to unlock it.