Latest Version of City Navigator NT

sli23sli

Whats the latest version of City Navigator NT DVD? I was about to purchase from Amazon and it said it was selling version 8 since 2006. There is a NT 2008 update available. If I buy the full verson 8 (010-10816-00) will I have a free update or will I also have to buy an update? Or is the 010-10816-00 version the latest and greatest? Thanks. Sli23sli

Whats the latest version of City Navigator NT DVD? I was about to purchase from Amazon and it said it was selling version 8 since 2006. There is a NT 2008 update available. If I buy the full verson 8 (010-10816-00) will I have a free update or will I also have to buy an update? Or is the 010-10816-00 version the latest and greatest? Thanks. Sli23sli

I just bought the City Navigator NT DVD (010-10816-00) and after going on-line to Garmin.com to register it they will send you the update DVD for free.

The City Navigator North America NT v8 (released 2006) and the latest version City Navigator North America NT 2008 (released 2007) are both the same part number. As stated, if you get the v8 and register it, you can get the 2008 update free from Garmin. Here’s something to consider. The v8 has 2 unlocks and the 2008 only has 1 unlock. So if you can buy the v8, you can unlock 2 GPS units with it and then you get the free 2008 update that you can update the first unit that was unlocked to the v8. How do you know what version you’re buying? You really don’t unless you’re holding it in your hand and see what version is printed on the package. Try to buy form a company that has a decent return policy in case they send you the wrong one.

Man, am I confused now. I thought that v6 was 2006, v7 was 2007 & v8 was 2008. Now you're telling me that v8 has been out for two years! When is the NEXT version due?

UGH! Thenerds are running it at $212.50 now! http://www.thenerds.net/GARMIN_INTERNATION...0101088700.html

The link I posted above is for part # 0101088700 ($212.50) & shows 800 in stock.

The link two responses above ("Look Here") is for part # 0101081600 ($103.22) & shows 38 in stock.

Is this getting to be on the verge of a panic situation, with the old product (& almost affordable price) about to be a thing of the past? I'd talked myself into spending $100 on mapping software, but there aint no way I'm blowing $200 on it.

Edited by fastforty

UGH! Thenerds are running it at $212.50 now!

That is higher than retail price, you can get it for $139.27 straight from Garmin. Most places online are usually around $120-130.

Garmin usually updates city navigator once a year around august. I believe they switched to a yearly numbering system this year so it will be much easier to tell if you have the newest maps. it goes V7,V8, and now 2008, so one could assume the next version will be 2009.

Edited by hogrod