Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx

Anyone,

I have pushed something somewhere....and i have hidden my waypoint and geocaching icons on the main menu! Any ideas on how to get those back??? I have searched until I am ready to run over it!

Please help....

Feeling like an idiot!

T :rolleyes:

I hope you didn't have too many waypoints! I got my e-Trex Vista HCx for Christmas and had about 10 or 15 GC icons and other waypoints loaded on it, when I did the same thing. I had to re-enter them all! I have no clue what button I pushed!......Then again I don't know how to text message. Welcome to the idiot's club. B) java script:emoticon('B)', 'smid_10')

:huh:

I don't know of a way to hide them. Sounds like you might have deleted them. If you loaded them using something like GSAK or EasyGPS you can reload them and you are good to go, as long as you still have the file.

If you didn't, unfortunately you might be out of luck. But it is a good reminder to back up your waypoints. An easy thing to do using GSAK or EasyGPS.

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Third icon over (Map Setup - Points)

On this screen, is User Waypoints. See if you've turned them "Off"

Thanks for the advice....tried it..and it was ok.

My problem is that on the main menu...there are no icons/folders for the waypoints or the geocaches. I still seem to have the downloaded files in "recent finds"....but there are no icons to store waypoints or geocaches in on the main menu. I downloaded the Garmin topo maps just before I realized that they were gone. Could that have something to do with it??

p.s. Thanks everyone for your responses!

TeacherTrekker

Main Menu

Setup

Map

Third icon over (Map Setup - Points)

On this screen, is User Waypoints. See if you've turned them "Off"

Thanks for the advice....tried it..and it was ok.

My problem is that on the main menu...there are no icons/folders for the waypoints or the geocaches. I still seem to have the downloaded files in "recent finds"....but there are no icons to store waypoints or geocaches in on the main menu. I downloaded the Garmin topo maps just before I realized that they were gone. Could that have something to do with it??

p.s. Thanks everyone for your responses!

TeacherTrekker

The Waypoints and Geocache icons are under Find. Select the "Find" icon (or hold in the Menu/Find button for a few seconds) on the Main Menu page and they should be there. If they are not then scroll down to see if they are at the bottom of the page -- there are 20-some icons that should be there not just the 12 visible ones. Press the Menu/Find button and select "Use auto ordering" to see if that returns them to the top of the page.

Edited by FiveNines