PDA/Smartphone Software

tanner_scout

I have a Motorola Q with WM5. I have tried to use cachemate, but having some issues. Any other suggestions for software for paperless geocaching. Also tried GPXSonar, but would not install. Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks

Tony

Check Backcountry Navigator. Besides paperless caches, it uses free detailed USGS topo maps and aerial photos. Cost is 30 bucks but there is a free trial.

I have a Motorola Q with WM5. I have tried to use cachemate, but having some issues. Any other suggestions for software for paperless geocaching. Also tried GPXSonar, but would not install. Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks

Tony

Check Backcountry Navigator. Besides paperless caches, it uses free detailed USGS topo maps and aerial photos. Cost is 30 bucks but there is a free trial to see if it works for you. The tech support is top notch and a question in their forum's section usually gets a quick response.

Thanks

Tony

Check Backcountry Navigator. Besides paperless caches, it uses free detailed USGS topo maps and aerial photos. Cost is 30 bucks but there is a free trial to see if it works for you. The tech support is top notch and a question in their forum's section usually gets a quick response.

I don't think backcountry navigator will work. In the trail tab the site says "you must have a Pocket PC running Pocket PC 2003, 2003SE or Windows Mobile 5 or 6 (Pocket PC, not Smartphone, edition)", the Q is a smartphone. If you try to register a required field is your PocketPC manufacture, of which Motorola is not listed.

I have a Q and have use GSAK to create HTML pages and move them to my phone. It works but personally I prefer the Smartphone version of cachemate.

Try the Garmin Mobile XT software that they use with the Garmin Mobile 10 Bluetooth GPSr. The Mobile 10 with the software will turn your Motorola Q with it's Broadband Internet access into an all in one lean mean Geocaching machine. I really like mine. No more paper. No more laptop. No more waiting till I get home to log my finds. It's all done on site.