PMR Radio

tommykw

Anyone around the docklands area in london use PMRs? or any other communication(other than internet and phone).

Is there any HAM frequencies commonly used for geocaching(on 2M and 70cm/and yes i know PMR446 is on 70cm).

Not sure about your side of London, but here in West London (heathrow) ham activity is almost non existent on 2 and 70...

My 70cms txcvr has been listening to the "local" repeater all day, and not a sniff of activity.

Most PMR 446 "noise" here is from the local shops and kids that have s set..

paul.

G7ALW

I own a couple of PMR radios, got them for bike comms but never really used them. They're useful in convoy, especially when some idiot makes a wrong turn. lol.

My thinking is that I am often out and about on my lonesome, and think it would be great fun to radio home using an HT and ask for info from the cache page, or more like get the kettle on luv. I could ofcourse use the phone, but I can't be sure I am gonna be in an area my phone can get a signal or perhaps vice versa.

Anyway, I think there's room for discussion on this topic :P