Forum Servers

trainlove

Is anyone else having trouble getting into ANY of the forums or any of their topics?

Is anyone else having to wait 5, 10 up to 60 seconds for a reply to go through when one presses the submit button?

Is anyone else getting duplicated messages when they do not wait for that submit to go through?

What's up?

Is it just that this week everyone is off from work and therefore there are MILLIONS of people using the forums.

Is anyone else having trouble getting into ANY of the forums or any of their topics?

Is anyone else having to wait 5, 10 up to 60 seconds for a reply to go through when one presses the submit button?

Is anyone else getting duplicated messages when they do not wait for that submit to go through?

What's up?

Is it just that this week everyone is off from work and therefore there are MILLIONS of people using the forums.

I am. The page loading seems to be spinning it's wheels today....

What's up?

I am. The page loading seems to be spinning it's wheels today....

It has been slow at times for the last couple of weeks. At other times it has been working fine.

I understand the GC.COM is using LUCAS ELECTRIC servers.

Remember, Brits drink warm beer because they have Lucas refrigerators.

Or another approach, If Lucas Electronics manufactured guns, we would have no more wars.

The traditional British motorcycle has a three position headlight switch, FLICKER, DIM, and OFF.

Lucas's best invention was the short circuit.

Oddly enough, I have noticed sometimes when it gets stuck when you submit a post, the post actually has already gone through and is live on the forums. If I right click on the menu links and choose "open in a new window" and go back to the topic, I sometimes see my post.

Oddly enough, I have noticed sometimes when it gets stuck when you submit a post, the post actually has already gone through and is live on the forums. If I right click on the menu links and choose "open in a new window" and go back to the topic, I sometimes see my post.
I've noticed the same thing. The status bar is constantly getting stuck at the last 5% and hanging. So now I'm just opening a new tab and letting that window stay there until I think it has gone through. When I go back to that window, it has typically timed out but the post has gone through.

Seems like that is ALWAYS the case for me - also why you rarely see double posts from me - I figure they go through and I just ignore the current window and open a new one. When I return I see some PHP or datbase message but 100% of the time - my post went through and all is ok.

I just had that happen, but it also did not update the thread on the page to show me as the last poster and did not bump the thread to the top. But if the thread is opened, my post is there (it was the beer thread in off topic BTW).

I realize that the posts are going through anyways, but this is still really annoying, anybody know when this problem will be fixed, this is now happening to me at least once every 5 minutes or so and sometimes the forums wont even load and I just give up and go someplace else.

Edited by AV Dezign

and sometimes the forums wont even load and I just give up and go someplace else.

Always seems to be uploading some google/banner ad when that is happening.

Hmmm. I once had a specific google ad image banner that would show up on my blog that seemed to mess with the page load. I figured out which one it was and blocked it in my adsense settings. I suppose it is possible that it is something like that.

and sometimes the forums wont even load and I just give up and go someplace else.

Hmmm. I once had a specific google ad image banner that would show up on my blog that seemed to mess with the page load. I figured out which one it was and blocked it in my adsense settings. I suppose it is possible that it is something like that.

Ah! I never thought of that, what a great idea... SORRY GC your ads are getting banned from my view from now on.

Just installed "Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3" for Firefox, lets hope it helps.

Edited by AV Dezign

Ah! I never thought of that, what a great idea... SORRY GC your ads are getting banned from my view from now on.

Just installed "Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3" for Firefox, lets hope it helps.

When I say that I blocked an ad, I don't mean in my browser. I own a site and run google ads on it. One of them affected page loads, so I blocked the specific ad itself from showing, but allowed other google ads in using my adsense settings. I don't know that blocking them from your browser would affect the page load problem if it really is a google ad that is affecting it. I think would go deeper than that and affect how the page loads regardless of whether your browser sees the ad. Not sure though.

Anyway, an ad for car insurance seemed to be prevalent when I had recent problems. I don't know if that is the problem, and am skeptical that it is, although I also see how it might be.

Edited by carleenp