We found our first cache!

gladfive

We have three children, ages 10, 9, and almost 8 years. We've been looking for something that we can do as a family that isn't inside, and we really think we've got it with geocaching.

I got some cash for Christmas and bought an eTrex H the other day after researching a bit and deciding that starting with something fairly inexpensive would be best.

We were without two of our kids this evening because they are over at friends' houses, so we found one within a mile of the house and went for it with our 9 year old. We all had a blast!

I've got coordinates loaded for a few tomorrow once all 5 of us are back together, and have the kids collecting little trinkets to leave in the caches we find.

Caching is a GREAT family thing to do!

Don't worry about the little ones, get you a decent carrier for them and go! We've been caching with our baby since she was just over a year old. We have a Patapum carrier and just pop her in and go! Our other daughter just turned 8 and she loves going, too. She cracks me up...tell her we're going caching and she moans.... until she gets in the car... then tell her it's time to quit for the day and she pouts and cries she doesn't want to! Gotta love it, lol!

Just be sure that you have supplies for the kids - ie. snacks, water, first aid supplies, etc., and when they are tired, it's time to quit!

Oh yeah, don't forget the camera!

Welcome to the madness, ya'll, enjoy and I hope you build as many happy memories as we have!

Mousekakat - Naomi, Micke, Hanna and Caitlyn

We also just found our first cache yesterday - Santa gave us a Garmin! We took our 4-year-old son, our 1-year-old son and our golden retriever. They all had a great time and we are looking forward to more caching with the whole family.

We videotaped our find so we could show it to our parents (They are very confused about geocaching, so we thought a video would help them understand it better.) Is that okay to share on YouTube as long as we indicate "spoiler alert"? B)

We also just found our first cache yesterday - Santa gave us a Garmin! We took our 4-year-old son, our 1-year-old son and our golden retriever. They all had a great time and we are looking forward to more caching with the whole family.

We videotaped our find so we could show it to our parents (They are very confused about geocaching, so we thought a video would help them understand it better.) Is that okay to share on YouTube as long as we indicate "spoiler alert"? B)

*big smile*

I say go for it, and welcome! Families out together like this, that's what it's all about!!

Naomi B)

We have three children, ages 10, 9, and almost 8 years. We've been looking for something that we can do as a family that isn't inside, and we really think we've got it with geocaching.

I got some cash for Christmas and bought an eTrex H the other day after researching a bit and deciding that starting with something fairly inexpensive would be best.

We were without two of our kids this evening because they are over at friends' houses, so we found one within a mile of the house and went for it with our 9 year old. We all had a blast!

I've got coordinates loaded for a few tomorrow once all 5 of us are back together, and have the kids collecting little trinkets to leave in the caches we find.

Congratulations on your find! Happy caching! Welcome aboard!

Jayman11

Shop4Swag.com

Don't worry about the little ones, get you a decent carrier for them and go! We've been caching with our baby since she was just over a year old. We have a Patapum carrier and just pop her in and go! Our other daughter just turned 8 and she loves going, too. She cracks me up...tell her we're going caching and she moans.... until she gets in the car... then tell her it's time to quit for the day and she pouts and cries she doesn't want to! Gotta love it, lol!

Just be sure that you have supplies for the kids - ie. snacks, water, first aid supplies, etc., and when they are tired, it's time to quit!

Welcome to the madness, ya'll, enjoy and I hope you build as many happy memories as we have!

Check out Moby Wraps! They're amazing! They're light weight, comfortable and you can carry your kids in TONS of ways! I don't have kids, but I do have a nephew that absolutely loves it!

Check out Moby Wraps! They're amazing! They're light weight, comfortable and you can carry your kids in TONS of ways! I don't have kids, but I do have a nephew that absolutely loves it!

The wraps are really incredible. We started out with a hotsling and even used it for the first few caches when Caitlyn was smallest, but she got heavy and hurt my shoulder (I have a bad shoulder) even though I wear it right and not ON my shoulder. Now hubby carries her and he really likes the patapum! I do agree that the wraps and slings are incredibly great, though, and a very, very valid alternative to a backpack!

Naomi <_<

I started today too -- I LOVED it. Hoping my son will like doing this with daddy when he gets a little older...

You should start the little guy up with a account so on the day you go as a family unit he can start logging some finds. Just pick a profile name he will like when he grows up. :)

welcome all new cachers.

I'm curious, how did you hear about the game?

for me, it was an article on a bomb scare (geocache exploded) that got me involved.

How did I find out about it??? I was toying with the buttons on my Etrex and found the icon. Being the curious one, I did a little research and thought this might be cool....and as "they", the rest is history!!!!

I knew about geocaching for about a year now but never got around to buying a GPS unit for myself. however, I got my Magellan Triton 400 for christmas and have been going crazy researching, reading, looking at pictures, and reviewing different caches in my area.

I have found my 3rd cache, plan to go do another today, and already have a great idea for the summertime in my area about placing a cache.

So far so good. :anicute:

CAUTION!!!! These strange tupperware containers are known to contain a very rare and odd virus. Once infected by this virus one has the uncontrollable urge to find another, and another and another. This may keep on going for the rest of the subjects life. It is unkown at this time why, although some think this is how the said virus strain procreates.