Spell check - new feature?

GobosUncle

I'd love a spell checker for the forums, both for the Add Reply and Fast Reply.

How many times have you had to re-edit a message just seconds after posting it and have that awful message stating that this message has been edited...

... or post the same message 4 times and stare at three awful messages.

Spell-check on the server side is hardly feasible; just get a spellcheck add-on for your browser.

Or use Firefox.

I second this.

I third this. The nice thing about having a dictionary as part of your browser instead of at the server, is that you can add words to your private dictionary. Thus, words like geocaching don't show up as a spelling error on my browser, as I have already taught it words like geocaching, geocache, muggle, etc ...

I'd love a spell checker for the forums, both for the Add Reply and Fast Reply.

How many times have you had to re-edit a message just seconds after posting it and have that awful message stating that this message has been edited...

... or post the same message 4 times and stare at three awful messages.

Spell-check on the server side is hardly feasible; just get a spellcheck add-on for your browser.

I DID NOT post the same message 4 times. The Groundspeak servers had a hiccup, like they do lots of times and my 1 reply was duplicated.

In one instance a month ago, the servers were so bad that one reply was duplicated something like 20 times. At least the volunteers did one of their functions as described in the Forum Guidelines http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules and deleted the extraneous entries.

But I think that recently the servers are burping just so much that the volunteers can't keep up and delete the extra entries. Just look at almost any posting, there will most likely be at least a couple duplicated entries, and in some cases the posters themselves have gone into the duplicate entries and blanked it out. I don't have time to do that, sorry.