PQs aren't delivered

Clue Seeker

Twice yesterday and twice today I didn't receive the pocket queries I had placed and which GC.COM indicated processed. Today the total PQs executed added up to three at the bottom of the querie page but five queries were processed. Where did the remaining two go? They didn't make it to my mail box. That's problematic because I head out of town tomorrow WITHOUT the cache data.

Anyone else have/had this problem? Is it possible that COMCAST is failing to forward some of the PQ's?

There have been ongoing problems with COMCAST. I think the best solution is to get a Gmail email account and have your PQs sent to that email address. I had to do that last summer when my ISP decided to block all the Groundspeak domains. I forward the Gmail messages to my normal email client and the only difference I noticed after that change was that I got all my mail on time instead of having it either blocked or throttled. :rolleyes:

There have been ongoing problems with COMCAST. I think the best solution is to get a Gmail email account and have your PQs sent to that email address. I had to do that last summer when my ISP decided to block all the Groundspeak domains. I forward the Gmail messages to my normal email client and the only difference I noticed after that change was that I got all my mail on time instead of having it either blocked or throttled. :rolleyes:
The nice thing about gmail is that you can keep all your geocaching stuff separate from your main email. Plus you can use your caching name as your email address! :(

I Have been having the same problem. Both my wife and I each have a membership and we both are having the same problem. Most PQ do not make it to my email inbox. Some of the scheduled PQ make but the ones done by hand do not. I see the preview ok but never get an email. Kind of a bummer as I am off work and wanted to do some caching. I have been getting "watch list notices", and emails from users of GC.

Maybe this will push me over the edge and I'll dump Comcast B) get Verizon's Fiber broadband they put down the street last summer.

Twice yesterday and twice today I didn't receive the pocket queries I had placed and which GC.COM indicated processed. Today the total PQs executed added up to three at the bottom of the querie page but five queries were processed. Where did the remaining two go? They didn't make it to my mail box. That's problematic because I head out of town tomorrow WITHOUT the cache data.

Anyone else have/had this problem? Is it possible that COMCAST is failing to forward some of the PQ's?

Yep! Past two weeks. Only get two of four queries generated. Have had no problems in the past.

I have Comcast; the Howard County version - Don't know which County you are in, but sounds like problem is with Comcast customers nation wide.

I hate dealing with their "Customer Service". :rolleyes:

Gmail isn't a different provider - it's a web-based e-mail system. You can still keep your Comcast account and just set it up through Gmail.com and access your account from anywhere.

The only way around this problem is to get Comcast to realize that Geocaching.com isn't sending spam.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Markwell

Just found this thread, with a similar problem to mine listed in this thread. For me, the problem is in the gc.com email getting through.

Does anyone have similar problems with Embarq, which is my ISP? It appears I don't get much of what I should be getting, including responses to questions I've asked other cachers - which is highly annoying.

(As a very small aside to you Comcasters in Howard County, we moved down here from Columbia, so waving a hello to Mt. Airy!)

Edited by czarbucks

I've had comcast for about 6 years and just in the last 2 weeks this problem started so I just changed all my geo related e-mail to a g-mail account and had no problem with pq's .also gc's mail seem to be the only one (atleast with me)thats doing this. made two pq's only got one a day later.

So switch e-mail accounts

Gmail isn't a different provider - it's a web-based e-mail system. You can still keep your Comcast account and just set it up through Gmail.com and access your account from anywhere.

The only way around this problem is to get Comcast to realize that Geocaching.com isn't sending spam.

Good luck with that.

Thanks, I'll give Gmail a try.

I use Comcast too, and the throttling is a huge annoyance. I'm either not getting or having significant delays in my notifications and email for both geocaching and Waymarking. Having more than one email address is also an annoyance. Is Groundspeak trying to address this issue with Comcast?

See this post by Elias in the Announcements forum. He says he has done all he can unless someone can come up with a name of a contact at Comcast that can address the throttling. Elias can't do anything because gc.com is not BLOCKED, just throttled. The only way he can report it is as being blocked.

I use Comcast too, and the throttling is a huge annoyance. I'm either not getting or having significant delays in my notifications and email for both geocaching and Waymarking. Having more than one email address is also an annoyance. Is Groundspeak trying to address this issue with Comcast?

See this post by Elias in the Announcements forum. He says he has done all he can unless someone can come up with a name of a contact at Comcast that can address the throttling. Elias can't do anything because gc.com is not BLOCKED, just throttled. The only way he can report it is as being blocked.

Well, dang. B) Rackin' frackin' bloated bureaucracy. ;)

Good News! Plaidguy just had a support chat session with Comcast and got them to assign a ticket number to the problem. Ticket # is CR112009346

Now, if Comcast hears from a lot of Groundspeak users (and maybe a lackey or two) referencing that ticket number, we may get this throttle issue resolved. Comcast said they usually keep tickets open for 72 hours.

Good News! Plaidguy just had a support chat session with Comcast and got them to assign a ticket number to the problem. Ticket # is CR112009346

Now, if Comcast hears from a lot of Groundspeak users (and maybe a lackey or two) referencing that ticket number, we may get this throttle issue resolved. Comcast said they usually keep tickets open for 72 hours.

Great!!! I have Comcast and just now noticed that my pocket queries have stopped arriving. I will call them and use that ticket number and see what happens.

THANKS!

Great!!! I have Comcast and just now noticed that my pocket queries have stopped arriving. I will call them and use that ticket number and see what happens.

THANKS!

They have forums on Comcast to about this problem.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/b...7&jump=true

Here is a phone number to call.

How to contact the Comcast Customer Security Assurance Department:

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.

Normal business hours (M-F, 9:00 am to 11:30 pm EST

S-S, 10:30 am to 6:30 pm EST)

888-565-4329

How come there is not any Icons below with a box of popcorn?

Something happened - For the first time in several weeks I received all four Queries today that I have scheduled for every Friday.

They were kind of spread out through the day, but they got through.

However, haven't received this week's Weekly Cache Notification email that usually arrives on Thursday.

I am using my Comcast email account for PQs. Here is the odd thing: it is unpredictable. On Dec. 23rd, I entered a new PQ, and within a few minutes GC.com said it had been processed. I then entered another one, and again, it got processed, and it was delivered in about 1 hour. The first one arrived two days later. That was very odd.

I missed my weekly cache notification this week too. I also missed out on the notification email when my new cache was published on the 3rd, and when someone logged it on the 4th. Yesterday I changed my GC profile to send all emails to a Gmail account, then set up the Gmail account to forward any emails with [GEO] or [LOG] to my Comcast account. Hopefully the Comcast throttling won't block the emails forwarded from Gmail, but if it does I can still get them through Gmail. We'll see how it works out.

I missed my weekly cache notification this week too. I also missed out on the notification email when my new cache was published on the 3rd, and when someone logged it on the 4th. Yesterday I changed my GC profile to send all emails to a Gmail account, then set up the Gmail account to forward any emails with [GEO] or [LOG] to my Comcast account. Hopefully the Comcast throttling won't block the emails forwarded from Gmail, but if it does I can still get them through Gmail. We'll see how it works out.

I set up a gmail account to handle all my geocaching email. I have manually forwarded PQs from the gmail account to the comcast account and they appear there immediately so you should not have problem with that. That is, until comcast decides to throttle email from gmail.

It seems that our good friends at Comcast incorrectly declared the throttling problem to be resolved and closed the first ticket. They tell us they can't reopen a closed ticket so we got them to open a new one: CR112374818

Comcast is also throttling e-mails. I have one sent to me on the 6th that I got at 0430 this morning. I have been using w7wt@arrl.net to forward my PQ and they go right through. So, I went to my Profile page to change it over to the ARRL forwarding account. Now, I can not get the validation comfirmed. I have had two different ones and click on the line and it brings up the page with the new validation number but when I click submit it says it not the right validation number. I have even copied and pasted and it will not confirm. Tried to send a

e-mail to Ground Speak but can't find the e-mail address. Would appreciate the proper address. Thanks Dick

OK: I finally called customer service at Ground Speak and the very nice lady said she would validate it for me. Sorry for all the dupes following: Dick

Edited by W7WT
There have been ongoing problems with COMCAST. I think the best solution is to get a Gmail email account and have your PQs sent to that email address. I had to do that last summer when my ISP decided to block all the Groundspeak domains. I forward the Gmail messages to my normal email client and the only difference I noticed after that change was that I got all my mail on time instead of having it either blocked or throttled. ;)
The nice thing about gmail is that you can keep all your geocaching stuff separate from your main email. Plus you can use your caching name as your email address! :(

You got lucky. Someone ate my caching name. There was a time when any RK was me and the name was always available. Not anymore.

Comcast isn't the brightest ISP out there.

I saw this post over on the Comcast forum web site and call Groundspeak and they said the IT person will be tomorrow. I forwarded it to them.

big chris

01-08-2008 01:27 PM

Update: We're waiting on return calls from the Groundspeak.com IT folks that we spoke with a few days ago. Until they return the call to our Security group we can't move forward so if anyone has a way to push on them, please feel free to suggest they return the calls.

:(

Hey, I found the popcorn guy!

Edited by forman

I saw this post over on the Comcast forum web site and call Groundspeak and they said the IT person will be tomorrow. I forwarded it to them.

big chris

01-08-2008 01:27 PM

Update: We're waiting on return calls from the Groundspeak.com IT folks that we spoke with a few days ago. Until they return the call to our Security group we can't move forward so if anyone has a way to push on them, please feel free to suggest they return the calls.

I see we are the de facto tag team between the two forums. :(

Here's the other update they posted today in the Comcast forum thread:

bigchris

01-08-2008 05:10 AM

I have a feeling the CR ticket is unrelated to the ongoing work. There's another ticket open with the CSA group and they are working with the hosting company to find out what can be done to resolve this. Internally this has been discussed non-stop for the last four days and the hosting company has been called at least once and was supposed to be called yesterday too.

Edited by hydnsek

I hope to heck they get it fixed SOON. Just this morning I received a plea for assistance from a fellow cacher - but the plea had been sent a week ago, back on January 1. Earlier this week I switched my account e-mail to a gmail account, which has been working fine. The week-old plea came through Comcast, however, and has apparently been sitting around on their server since middle of last week. Jeez, I wonder if all the lost PQ's will start trickling through too.

Yahoo, problem solved! If you haven't seen Elias' announcement today:

After some productive communication with Comcast yesterday, this issue should be resolved. All backlogged email in queue has been delivered.

I'd like to thank all the Comcast geocachers who contacted Comcast to help get their attention. It was only after all those calls that Comcast proactively contacted us to resolve this issue.

Big thanks to Elias for also pushing this with Comcast, even posting in their forums when he couldn't get heard any other way. I'd also like to thank bigchris, the Comcast forum moderator who helped drive this internally at Comcast. We finally got traction after a few of us started raising cain in the Comcast forums, and bigchris pushed it on his end. That, plus all the frustrated support calls and emails from Comcast users, seems to have tipped the balance. Hopefully, if there's a next time, Comcast will be more responsive in a more timely fashion (a girl can dream...).

Edited by hydnsek