Pocket Queries - will they ever go beyond 500

GEOJuice

Nothing prevents you from loading every cache in Switzerland into your Garmin Colorado today. Switzerland presently has about 4900 caches. With ten pocket queries, you can get all the active caches that you haven't found. You can run those ten queries every two days, or twice a week, etc. I keep track of more than twice that many caches without ever having data that's more than a week old.

Nothing prevents you from loading every cache in Switzerland into your Garmin Colorado today. Switzerland presently has about 4900 caches. With ten pocket queries, you can get all the active caches that you haven't found. You can run those ten queries every two days, or twice a week, etc. I keep track of more than twice that many caches without ever having data that's more than a week old.

...well there is that pesky 2000 limit on the number of Geocaches built into the current firmware..... :laughing::D

But point taken.

...well there is that pesky 2000 limit on the number of Geocaches built into the current firmware..... <_<;)

But point taken.

Is there a limit? I'm not sure, but I think that I've had more than 2000 POIs in my Venture Cx.

I tried to follow this thread, not being interested in the number of pocket queries, though. Am I right in saying that each pocket query is limited to including only 5 logs per cache page? Or am I missing something?

That is correct. However, by loading the PQs into GSAK, you can 'build' the number of logs that you have access to in your PDA.

That is correct. However, by loading the PQs into GSAK, you can 'build' the number of logs that you have access to in your PDA.
What I'd like to see is a clean way to dump a PQ result into Google Maps so you can create your own Google Map of caches and have them viewable from anything with internet access. Right now I convert the results to a KML or KMZ and import and it fails only about 100% of the time stating it's an invalid KML (or KMZ) file. Even tried uploading to internet and providing URL and tried it with just a couple results and same thing... ::sigh::
What I'd like to see is a clean way to dump a PQ result into Google Maps so you can create your own Google Map of caches and have them viewable from anything with internet access. Right now I convert the results to a KML or KMZ and import and it fails only about 100% of the time stating it's an invalid KML (or KMZ) file. Even tried uploading to internet and providing URL and tried it with just a couple results and same thing... ::sigh::

How about Google Earth?? - just drop the .GPX file directly in (or open via menu) and you will see all the caches it contains mapped out.

I also use Microsoft Streets and Trips to plot them out for portable use.