All set for St Agnes? Isles of Scilly event, June 21st 2008.

Simply Paul

I think i'll probably join you for the Friday night. I like the look of the site there. However, both Troytown and the Garrison won't let you arrive/depart on the Sunday as there are no boats between islands so to avoid the risk of being 'trapped' on St Anges i'm going to be on St Mary's for Saturday night onwards methinks.

Final bump for this one, as I can't imagine this good weather is putting other people off booking space on the ferry, plane, helicopter or their accommodation. So if you're interested in joining an event at the UK's most southerly populated point (there's a few rocks further south, but nothing you'll miss seeing) jump in quickly!

I'll be taking a cache and hoping to find a local to look after it while I'm there. I'll have my PDA with wifi, so hopefully I'll get it listed and released while we're on the islands.

SP, you said the other day that you were going to take a cache or two with you to place if you could find a local cacher to maintain it for you. I was thinking of doing the same, so before I email any local cachers, have you already been in touch with anyone?

If so, how receptive have they been?

SP, you said the other day that you were going to take a cache or two with you to place if you could find a local cacher to maintain it for you. I was thinking of doing the same, so before I email any local cachers, have you already been in touch with anyone?

If so, how receptive have they been?

Just the one cache (a small/reg) and I've not contacted anyone yet. I thought I might talk to Radio Scilly about it, as I have their number, and they could put a request over the airways about it. It'd be nice if the people of Scilly could suggest the perfect spot to bring caching visitors.

There's nothing to stop you setting up a cache on the islands too, if you have a maintenance plan for it, of course! I rather like the idea of virtual info gathered on the four main off islands sending you to the box on St Marys... :laughing:

For people interested in my last Extreme Event location, St Kilda, on BBC1, Thursday night at 9pm there's an hour long programme about the islands.

Now, thinking of 2009, who knows where the Les Ecrehou and Les Minquiers are? :)

P.S. Thanks for those links ayepee

Edited by Simply Paul

For people interested in my last Extreme Event location, St Kilda, on BBC1, Thursday night at 9pm there's an hour long programme about the islands.

Now, thinking of 2009, who knows where the Les Ecrehou and Les Minquiers are? :)

P.S. Thanks for those links ayepee

:D And I was hoping for the Extreme North next year..... Sounds good though!

Now, thinking of 2009, who knows where the Les Ecrehou and Les Minquiers are? :(

Now funnily enough, I do know where they are. Have never been though.

That's it from me. Just about to set off for Cornwall. See you all over the next few days.

ayepee et al.