Best ideas for a TB?

Carbon Hunter

Most of the time I like to make a TB personal. Kinda like a tattoo. I like to use fishing lures. I also

have used a old "He-man" action figure, a new keychain. Hotwheels have been used but they are not for

me. The only thing about making them as personal as cachers do is it hurts more when they get MUGGLED

but it is the chance you take.

Fishing lures

Action figures

hotwheels

any type of animal (plastic not real :back: ) HMMMM? :back:

Any type of Diecast, car, truck, farm machinery, bus, semi.

Dardevle

Most of the time I like to make a TB personal. Kinda like a tattoo. I like to use fishing lures. I also

have used a old "He-man" action figure, a new keychain. Hotwheels have been used but they are not for

me. The only thing about making them as personal as cachers do is it hurts more when they get MUGGLED

but it is the chance you take.

Fishing lures

Action figures

hotwheels

any type of animal (plastic not real B) ) HMMMM? B)

Any type of Diecast, car, truck, farm machinery, bus, semi.

Dardevle

I've come across a couple of fishing lures ( not yours B) ) and they had their hooks were still attached - After awhile, it appears that they get loose and rusty. No point just had to say "HI" as I was cruising. Anyways, I was wondering if how you treated the hooks B)

Also, some like to use McToys B)

Hey fairyhoney. I take the hooks out of the lures I use as a TB. I have used 2 Dardevle fishing lures

Eboxy them together so the paint last longer and attach the TB tag on the split ring. I have also

used a Jitterbug lure. Actually The first Jitterbug TB got muggled and I replaced it with another.

To keep it a little safer though I do remove the hooks. B)

Here are two methods.

If you already had an item and thought of turning it into a TB, then buy a tag for it.

If you already have tags, just hang onto them until you're going through your day and see some thing and thing "Ooh, Ooh, that would make a cool TB!" That's how some of mine came about.

You can look at my list for ALL THE COOLEST IDEAS THAT EXIST, except I havent listed any of the racers yet.

Here's another idea that I have yet to implement, and will be encouraging others to copy. I will be making a TB that will generate a donation (by myself) to a toy drive. The donation amount will be directly tied to the distance the TB moves each year!

$.01 for each mile the TB moves wound be $100 if the bug moves 10,000 miles. I will also be having a minimum and maximum donation amount.

The number of tags you have may affect how frivilous your ideas can be. I've started keeping a couple tags in my computer bag, so if i happen to see something interesting on my way to where I'm going to sit, I can register it on the spot.

I have a bunch of TB's on order and plan to get them out in Mid January.

I'm looking for some novel and interesting ideas of TB's seen around by fellow cachers.

Can you give me some ideas?

Thanks

To each is his or her own... Honestly. What I first do in figuring out what I want to release is to go through what I already have. As we have all seen in the forums, just about anything can be made into a travel bug. Since I am on this "honesty" kick, it is probably going to turn up missing anyway. Rather then just sticking a dog tag to something because of its size or someone else recommends it. What speaks to you? It could be a Barney Doll a loved one outgrew. It could be a GI Joe figure because you used to play with them. The key point is to just have fun. In the time when you do have it, make the most of it. Enjoy their travels. I don't know your story, but if you have kids or work with kids, make one with them and have them watch it travel with you. Discover the country via the travels of a travel bug. If you create a travel bug out of something someone recommends, it could work for you, but first look at what you already have. It could even be a sprinkler from your lawn!

I'm looking for some novel and interesting ideas of TB's seen around by fellow cachers.

Thanks

To each is his or her own... Honestly. What I first do in figuring out what I want to release is to go through what I already have. but first look at what you already have. It could even be a sprinkler from your lawn!

I have used a kitchen sink stopper. I have a Lot of ideas but am so boggled over which ones to use. I imagine it's my touch of A.D.D. that hinders my intentions :)

I like to use things from my hobbies, interests, or travels as TB items. I've made several TBs out of motorcycle chain and they seem to do pretty well. Chain Lightning

d5d29f8b-e4fe-4361-90b1-5d83b4b036b4.jpg

2071ea4b-65ae-40bb-a41f-666d488704d0.jpg

I'm also a skydiver so I bought a keychain from the USPA skydiving association, cut the leather part off, and made a TB out of that. USPA Skydive! Bug

35be2073-2cf6-41fb-8208-b74e81584e57.jpg

Anything you find cool or interesting can make a good TB, but I prefer to keep them small. The bigger the TB the less often it travels it seems.

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

Edited by ModelCitizen

Thanks

To each is his or her own... Honestly. What I first do in figuring out what I want to release is to go through what I already have. but first look at what you already have. It could even be a sprinkler from your lawn!

I have used a kitchen sink stopper. I have a Lot of ideas but am so boggled over which ones to use. I imagine it's my touch of A.D.D. that hinders my intentions :)

Oh, just get it over with. Buy a box of 100 Tbs and use them on EVERYTHING!

I saw a great TB idea in one of the forums the other day. Someone had made a bicycle into a TB. They chained the bike to a tree with a combination lock. The combination was on a paper inside the cache and you were to take the bike as a TB, ride (or haul if you had a bike rack) to another cache, lock the bike to a stationary object and put the combination on paper inside the next cache. I had so much fun reading the log! It seems as the bike was traveling, the people taking it along were also fixing it up. :-) It was awesome.

Also, I don't have any TB's out yet, but when I get my first set of TB dogtags, I am going to attach it to a tiny blank journal. My goal for it will be to travel to every state and get a sticker with that state's name on it, and then return to me eventually, full of stickers and hopefully some great stories. :-)

Here is my latest tb mission idea, I have went through about 5 phones in the 2 years and about 8 phone chargers. Everythime one breaks, I get someone elses old phone, then I have to get a charger from b.p. becacuse they are the only ones that fit. They dont sell them any more at the cell phone stores. The ones at b.p. only last about 3 months, then they die. They are supposed to honor a 1 year gaurentee according to the box, but Iv went round and round the mulberry bush with the little owner there. So instead of me throwing away these crapy phones and chargers in our landfills, im going to collect them all by drilling them together and chaining them somehow, and the travlebugs goal is going to be to reach china, and to be thrown into thier landfill. On the way I will request that each person adds their old phones and chargers, the person who finally reaches china, and takes pictures of the phones going to their landfills or dump will recive a special mystery coin of my choice, and will hopefully encourage them to stop making defective devices if we keep sending it back to where it came from. I would also encourage any parents who have a lead recall toy to do the same thing with thier useless toys.... -mrbeachroach.

Here's another idea that I have yet to implement, and will be encouraging others to copy. I will be making a TB that will generate a donation (by myself) to a toy drive. The donation amount will be directly tied to the distance the TB moves each year!

$.01 for each mile the TB moves wound be $100 if the bug moves 10,000 miles. I will also be having a minimum and maximum donation amount.

I absolutely LOVE this idea for a TB!! One I will copy for sure...

I saw a great TB idea in one of the forums the other day. Someone had made a bicycle into a TB. They chained the bike to a tree with a combination lock. The combination was on a paper inside the cache and you were to take the bike as a TB, ride (or haul if you had a bike rack) to another cache, lock the bike to a stationary object and put the combination on paper inside the next cache. I had so much fun reading the log! It seems as the bike was traveling, the people taking it along were also fixing it up. :-) It was awesome.

Also, I don't have any TB's out yet, but when I get my first set of TB dogtags, I am going to attach it to a tiny blank journal. My goal for it will be to travel to every state and get a sticker with that state's name on it, and then return to me eventually, full of stickers and hopefully some great stories. :-)

Shoot me your snail mail address and I'll send you a set :)

Thanks

Since all but one of my TBs is still traveling around, I would suggest putting something ugly on the TB tag . . . :)

I think the characters I used were just too cute and irresistable to some people . . . although a couple of them were in caches that got destroyed.

I still have the Copy tags and just might send out a sink stopper or other useless, non-cute item on those tags. B)

I'm going to be releasing a TB tonight at a local event that consists of a d20 (that's a 20-sided die) in an old pill bottle. The dog tag chain goes through both the bottle and the lid so they won't get lost. The goal of the bug is to find cachers who play old fashioned pencil-and-paper roleplaying games (like Dungeons & Dragons). I want the players to roll the die at least once in their next game and tell me the results.

ChuckT's d20

I'm going to be releasing a TB tonight at a local event that consists of a d20 (that's a 20-sided die) in an old pill bottle. The dog tag chain goes through both the bottle and the lid so they won't get lost. The goal of the bug is to find cachers who play old fashioned pencil-and-paper roleplaying games (like Dungeons & Dragons). I want the players to roll the die at least once in their next game and tell me the results.

ChuckT's d20

I see from your note in the Bug that the "Results" you want to hear are not just the number, but what events it caused in the game. That's pretty cool. Whenever it gets into the hands of Gamers there should be some interesting logs. I don't play those games so I would have to come up with my own question to roll the die over.

How many dollars will I put into this slot machine? Then I could tell you my winnings, or one of the cool spins I got while I was playing. Better hope I don't find it, there's no telling what question I might roll it over.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT