Physical geocaches prohibited in ABDSP?

M2

Received this about the new Cache at the Ranger station in Ocotillo Wells Welcome to Ocotillo Wells SVRA GC1CE2A

Skillet,

you are indeed the first Geocahing Enthusiast to find this cache, the other listed was one of the rangers who wanted to try and locate the cache. I know that you are very involved with caching and was wondering if you could give me some information about how to make the Cache Page nicer, perhaps how to put photos on the actual page. If you are willing to help me out I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew S. Ahlberg

California State RangerOcotillo Wells SVRA

Desk: 760 767 1322

Cell: 760 791 8233

Of course I will help them with their Cache pages

So we can add "Mr. Ambassador" to your list of titles?

Good job Mr. Ambassador!

It sure is nice though to have Rangers hiding Caches instead of removing them.

They are the ones who are the ambassadors for the State Parks.

00020263.gif

Now only if we could get the ABDSP on board. 000201FF.gif

I spent February and March living in Borrego Springs this winter. I'm a casual Geocacher to say the least but was quite surprised after arriving in Borrego Springs to read of this ban in the local newspaper.

Then I went online and downloaded all the caches from GC. What a surprise to find in some places, half a dozen caches within a couple of hundred yards of each other. I mean, what is the point of that?

I have to say I can understand why the park superintendant has decided to ban caching in the park.

I spent February and March living in Borrego Springs this winter. I'm a casual Geocacher to say the least but was quite surprised after arriving in Borrego Springs to read of this ban in the local newspaper.

Then I went online and downloaded all the caches from GC. What a surprise to find in some places, half a dozen caches within a couple of hundred yards of each other. I mean, what is the point of that?

I have to say I can understand why the park superintendant has decided to ban caching in the park.

People cache in different ways. If the close proximity of some caches concerned them then they could have easily asked us to place them farther apart. The fact is that there were only ~350 caches spread over 900 square miles of park. Be fair and do the math. :D Anyhow, we are all always willing to work with park rangers. The sad part is that they didn't opt to do this and instead banned a very fun family activity when it could have easily remained with a few easy changes to the policy they gave us in 2004. :blink:

You are not a casual geocacher. You have no finds. You are what we call a muggle. Having an account with geocaching.com doesn't make you a cacher. I read an article on brain surgery once but I don't consider myself a brain surgeon.

I read an article on brain surgery once but I don't consider myself a brain surgeon.
That's too bad because we could have used one to put a brain in that sock. :wub::wub::):D

I am from Alberta and have spent many days over the past 3 winters caching in the Park and have seen a lot of beautiful country. It is a shame that they had to close the park to geocaching. I also can't believe that people like Hikeamble52 have to come up with these lane brain suggestions.

I see from an article in the San Diego Union yesterday that Mr. Jorgenson is retiring in the Spring. Perhaps his successor will at least be open to some dialogue regarding allowing geocaches in the "Park". There is hope again.

Sure would be nice to have some rules for the area like they do in the OHVRA at Ocotillo Wells. 00020263.gif We'll just have to wait and see.