Cachers are old b*ggers really!

currykev

Come on you lot...own up! :unsure: No one under 30 really goes a caching! .All those kids that "supposedly" take part are only being cajoled/bribed/forced to do so by their parents. :o And why are all YOU parents enticing your kids along for a day of "treasure"hunting FUN!!!!..I believe the main reasons you do so are to take your offspring away from their TV/PC/X-Box and more probably YOUR drinks cabinet. :o No child of any age could possibly get excited by the possibility of finding a plastic box crammed with such tat as old McD toys,keyrings, stuff from the £ shop and a soggy scrap of paper. :huh: PS..I'm no child but every FIND is like Christmas Day to me! :ph34r: (and I bet all you old b*ggers get the same pleasure too!) :lol:

Come on you lot...own up! :o No one under 30 really goes a caching! .All those kids that "supposedly" take part are only being cajoled/bribed/forced to do so by their parents. :ph34r: And why are all YOU parents enticing your kids along for a day of "treasure"hunting FUN!!!!..I believe the main reasons you do so are to take your offspring away from their TV/PC/X-Box and more probably YOUR drinks cabinet. :lol: No child of any age could possibly get excited by the possibility of finding a plastic box crammed with such tat as old McD toys,keyrings, stuff from the £ shop and a soggy scrap of paper. :huh: PS..I'm no child but every FIND is like Christmas Day to me! ;) (and I bet all you old b*ggers get the same pleasure too!) :o
You summarized my three kids (16, 18 and 20) fairly well. They have gone caching with me but they much prefer playing video games.

By the way, while I am caching I never feel like an old bugger. I think caching makes old buggers feel like young buggers. So maybe if you are already a young bugger then this feeling is a bit redundant. So maybe that's why younger buggers don't cache as much. :unsure:

Come on you lot...own up! :( No one under 30 really goes a caching! .All those kids that "supposedly" take part are only being cajoled/bribed/forced to do so by their parents. B) And why are all YOU parents enticing your kids along for a day of "treasure"hunting FUN!!!!..I believe the main reasons you do so are to take your offspring away from their TV/PC/X-Box and more probably YOUR drinks cabinet. :mad: No child of any age could possibly get excited by the possibility of finding a plastic box crammed with such tat as old McD toys,keyrings, stuff from the £ shop and a soggy scrap of paper. ;) PS..I'm no child but every FIND is like Christmas Day to me! B) (and I bet all you old b*ggers get the same pleasure too!) :back:
You summarized my three kids (16, 18 and 20) fairly well. They have gone caching with me but they much prefer playing video games.

That about sums up team TRaMP as well :back:

The older half do most of the caching but our sons (18 and 21) have gone out alone. Mostly a few years ago now when they were at home bored with revising for exams and I spot a new cache while at work. Now they have both joined the rat race it is getting more difficult to prise them away from the video games B)

Trevor

My 16 year old voluntarily left her PS2 and pile of DVD's which were her Christmas presents :back: to go out yesterday to do a Multi involving a good walk in Manchester City Centre ;) . And that was with 2 old codgers B) myself and Mongoose39uk :back:. The silly girl wore fashion boots instead of trainers and paid the price :mad: , but she'd do it all again tomorrow :(

Unfortunately only the other half of the team is under 30. He's 28, I'm 30. We started after going camping with friends in September and visiting interesting places we wouldn't have seen otherwise. They told us about caching a couple of years ago, but I never had a spare £100 for a GPS. After the camping trip I managed to find a cheap bluetooth GPS for my phone. Had great fun since, we even went out Christmas Eve and discovered a place I've passed hundreds of times and never noticed.

My grand daughter ~*Tinkerbell*~ is eight years old and has been caching for nearly 18 months. Her parents (Dancing Samurais) are 39 and 34. She loves caching and will go out at any time, day or night, or even ALL night sometimes. She now has her own GPS which I bought her for christmas and she loves it. There's no stopping her and she has found 392 caches, four of which are events, which she really enjoys. She has her own series of caches called Nursery Rhymes which are very popular.

As for myself, guess I am an old bigger... :rolleyes: