There's no bug in there

Hick@Heart

Over the past couple of day's while out caching, I have found caches that said they had TB's in them (like this one GCWK27) When I get there, no TB. Am I right in assuming that when the cache page shows inventory of a TB, the bug is supposed to be there?

Also, Today I found an un-activated geocoin. I was able to activate it and it is now in my inventory. Is that common? Did I do the Geo-acceptable thing? I plan to drop it on my next trip.

It is common to go to a cache and find out the TB or geocoin, which is in the inventory gc.com is no longer there. Sometimes it is a newer cacher that takes it and doesn't know how to log accordingly. ( I have an example TB1588V, you can see the new cacher indicates they have it but it isn't in their personal inventory...so it is MIA, I guess.)

Sometimes someone may have beat you to the cache and took the TB, it is helpful to read the previous logs in the log book in the cache to help determine if indeed it was picked up and maybe the cacher hasn't had time to log finds yet. (i.e. life got in the way or on vacation hasn't had the opportunity to log their find.)

Or ----worst case someone has stolen the geocoin or TB

As far as the geocoin, it sounds though it was left for someone to take and do with as one pleases. The coin you found was in memory of a CA cacher that passed, I two of the exact same coin travelling as well...tb15vqg and tb15xye (you will see one is marked as stolen because it has gone missing) Activating it and setting it free sounds like a good idea. I think most would agree as long as you trade fairly there is no problem taking it and doing as you please.

Steel City Babes

"Sometimes someone may have beat you to the cache and took the TB, it is helpful to read the previous logs in the log book in the cache to help determine if indeed it was picked up and maybe the cacher hasn't had time to log finds yet. (i.e. life got in the way or on vacation hasn't had the opportunity to log their find.)"

This happens a lot :rolleyes:

Over the past couple of day's while out caching, I have found caches that said they had TB's in them (like this one GCWK27) When I get there, no TB. Am I right in assuming that when the cache page shows inventory of a TB, the bug is supposed to be there?

Also, Today I found an un-activated geocoin. I was able to activate it and it is now in my inventory. Is that common? Did I do the Geo-acceptable thing? I plan to drop it on my next trip.

Finding unactivated coins is more of an anomaly in the general Seattle area. I cannot think of any time that I came across an unactivated coin in a cache without it being a brand new cache listing. Sometimes, as in the case of a travel bug hotel, I have noticed that they often don't have a 100% accurate inventory listed online. Sometimes it takes a few days for a cacher to log out the travel bug or coin they swapped out. I just accept it as the eb and flow of my cache. Hope this helps. If not, disregard. lol