Good caches in Cary?

FamDa

Yeah, I saw the large number of available caches. But reading through the logs I also note a lot of "not found" :D and also long times since the last find. That is why I asked for the assistance ;)

I prefer small short hikes. Last time I stayed in the Embassy Suites. In the area I did the Boulder cache (GCHQJ0) and some in the area of the hotel. I liked the walk in the park for Bouder.

For this time I plan to do at least:

Squeeze Da Grape (GCME7T)

Big Pointy Teeth (GCMDMZ)

Lair of the Lupines (GC14F6F)

Rail Against The Machine (GCMV63)

These were on my list last time and I did not find the last two then :rolleyes: . The current plans are that I will arrive on Saturday and then have the Sunday to cache.

You would probably like to hike around in Bond Park. If you go all the way around the lake it would be over a mile but you could just go part way. There are several in different parts of the park near parking that you could find after a short hike. GCCE85 is one you could center on to see the park.

Crabtree park is another one with several caches. Some are easy to get if parking outside the park instead of hiking all the way around this lake. GCZK9A is near the park entrance.

Someone else will probably chime in as the holidays wind down. I'll check back and maybe give some more suggestions.

Also, you can check out the NCGO greatest hits list for other don't miss caches all over the state. Click the link in my sig and go to the Greatest Hits link.

Yeah, I saw the large number of available caches. But reading through the logs I also note a lot of "not found" :rolleyes: and also long times since the last find. That is why I asked for the assistance :)

I prefer small short hikes. Last time I stayed in the Embassy Suites. In the area I did the Boulder cache (GCHQJ0) and some in the area of the hotel. I liked the walk in the park for Bouder.

For this time I plan to do at least:

Squeeze Da Grape (GCME7T)

Big Pointy Teeth (GCMDMZ)

Lair of the Lupines (GC14F6F)

Rail Against The Machine (GCMV63)

These were on my list last time and I did not find the last two then :( . The current plans are that I will arrive on Saturday and then have the Sunday to cache.

Squeeze De Grape is a really cute one, I enjoyed it.

I just did Big Pointy Teeth a couple of days ago, and that one was adorable.

As Dave said Bond Park would be a nice place for long walks. I had just about finished when 4 more were added, I still need to do those.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

PinkD

Squeeze De Grape is a really cute one, I enjoyed it.

I just did Big Pointy Teeth a couple of days ago, and that one was adorable.

As Dave said Bond Park would be a nice place for long walks. I had just about finished when 4 more were added, I still need to do those.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

PinkD

Well that should me give me good ones to walk around. I could do with a good hint for Rail Against The Machine. Last time I spend half an hour looking for the first part but did not find it. Just saw that it was found today so I will give that one another try next week :laughing:

How short is a "short" hike?

How far will you be willing to drive?

How much time will you have each caching trip?

Short hike is ~ 4 miles,

I will arrive Saturday around 15:00 hrs so I will have the remainder of that day, the Sunday and the week evenings. However, this time of year daylight is limited. :anicute:

Depends on whether the cache is worth it. This is why I opened this post. I can only look at the pages and the available pictures. Unfortunately pixs are limited for the caches.