Problems editing with Mapsource

gsxr1181

I've been trying to edit some 4-wheeler trails using Mapsource. The problem I am having is I have a bunch of trails that loop back to another intersection of trail. What I've been trying to do is clean these trails up so they will look nice on my GPS and on Everytrail.com. I'm wanting to have one nice line, instead of having multiple lines running over each other. But in order to do this I need to make intersection. I can only do this if I break the trail up into a name by itself. But I don't want to have to turn on multiple names on my gps to get a section to appear.

My question is, is there a way to make intersections, and keep the trail under one name? Or is there another program out there that is more editor friendly?

I've been trying to edit some 4-wheeler trails using Mapsource. The problem I am having is I have a bunch of trails that loop back to another intersection of trail. What I've been trying to do is clean these trails up so they will look nice on my GPS and on Everytrail.com. I'm wanting to have one nice line, instead of having multiple lines running over each other. But in order to do this I need to make intersection. I can only do this if I break the trail up into a name by itself. But I don't want to have to turn on multiple names on my gps to get a section to appear.

My question is, is there a way to make intersections, and keep the trail under one name? Or is there another program out there that is more editor friendly?

Send me your track files and how you want them labeled...I'll make a custom map out of the tracks that you can upload to your GPS. The map will have a transparent background so your base map or any Garmin detailed maps will show through.

email: cf-700 at hotmail dot com