Acquiring Satellites in Bathurst, NB

Team Maple Leaf

I'm home for Christmas and trying to cross a few easy caches off my list. I spend most of yesterday trying to lock on to satellites. I managed one on St. Peter Ave. Two in East Bathurst. And that's it. I couldn't geocache yesterday and place a hide.

There are caches and cachers (and satellites) in Bathurst...so what's the deal? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

Kind regards and Merry Christmas,

Danie in her hometown

If you're outdoors with a clear view of the sky, you shouldn't have any problems acquiring at least 4 or 5 satellites.

Did you travel from India? Or, if you haven't used your GPS in a long time, you likely have to "reset" it to a new location (and time). With my Garmin 72, when it says "Acquiring Satellites", press Menu/ New Location. It will begin searching for all available satellites, instead of those it only expects to find.

That should solve the problem.

Edited by Bryan00009

Thanks! I have a Garmin as well and I did drag it with me from India.

I'm going to give it another go on Boxing Day. If you're in the Bathurst area, are there any caches that you can recommend that are easily enough to find in the winter? I'd like to drop some coins.

Thanks again,

Danie

If you're outdoors with a clear view of the sky, you shouldn't have any problems acquiring at least 4 or 5 satellites.

Did you travel from India? Or, if you haven't used your GPS in a long time, you likely have to "reset" it to a new location (and time). With my Garmin 72, when it says "Acquiring Satellites", press Menu/ New Location. It will begin searching for all available satellites, instead of those it only expects to find.

That should solve the problem.