GEOCAC Benchmark

GEO*Trailblazer 1

GEO* has it right. Kansas has a tentative date for Saturday, March 27, 2010. That will be the tail end of National Surveyors Week. Location is a (currently secret) spot near the city of Lincoln, Kansas. 2010 is also the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts. Ideas are flying all over the place. On November 14th (next month) I will visit with the Salina Chapter of the Kansas Society of Land Surveyors to discuss getting their help to get things rolling. First item will be about establishing an easement on the private land that will legally give the public permission to use the bench mark. The owners of subject land have already provided generous help to the Kansas Society of Land Surveyors; so being able to erect a bench mark at an amazing site with their help is extremely appreciated.

I will provide progress details of the project status to this thread for academic enrichment of future projects in other states. I'm excited! The brainstorming has been going on for a few years now. It's about time that things jumped into action. There will be lots of planning behind the scenes, of which I'll tell all here, and celebratory events (geocaching, surveying, Boy Scouts, environmental, etc.) to mark the occasion.

Feel free to contact me with questions or thoughts and comments through the username link or with any other email address that you happen to come across that leads my way.

Ernie Cantu

-geocacher cantuland

-Wichita Geocaching Society

-Member of the Kansas Society of Land Surveyors

-Bench Mark Hunter (and bench mark user)