GEOCAC Benchmark

GEO*Trailblazer 1

Look what came in on the UPS truck today.

The 1st 6 GEOCAC Benchmarks.

2680843025_26417be851.jpg

We have 6 and more states already lined up working on their projects.

So be a part of geocaching benchmark history and thanks to those who have already helped.

I have the details about 3/4 of the way written up so I will have something soon.

Thanks again for helping us to make this happen.

Thank you Berntsen I'll be Cachingnow for sure.

2681660930_67ea90b2d9.jpg

If there are no previous volunteers for Louisiana, I would like to offer my support. My secretary's father is a retired surveyor, and my next door neighbor is an active one. I can probably gather all the contact info/requirements for LA from them, and possibly get them to help in the placement.

Edited by LSUFan

If there are no previous volunteers for Louisiana, I would like to offer my support. My secretary's father is a retired surveyor, and my next door neighbor is an active one. I can probably gather all the contact info/requirements for LA from them, and possibly get them to help in the placement.

Tag your it.

Just contact me.

This is what I still have.

1.4 South Pole BM coins.1633.gif

2.4 Cape Hatteras BM coins. Icon has not been updated yet

3.4 Bilby Tower BM coins.1698.gif

4.3 NASA NOAA Aquarius BM coins.1775.gif

5.3 Golden Gate BM coins.1404.gif

6.2 Mt.Rushmore BM coins.840.gif

7.3 Buttermilk BM coins.1014.gif

8.4 Washington Monument BM coins.1254.gif

9. 1 National Monument to the Forefathers705.gif

For the above Trackable Benchmark geocoins $10.00 U.S. and Canada

UPDATED: I will just charge you the cost of the Shipping for International orders.

8 ARK-MO-GEOCACHERS coins.

250.gif

For the ARK-MO Geocachers it is $8.00 plus shipping.

They are trackable coins.

Drop me a line through my profile on what you would like and I will send an invoice....I think I can do that through paypal or you can also send paper and we can gettr done that way.

UPDATE: I am now set up for cards.

Just updating the page.

Thanks everyone so far.

The project is progressing well.

1.3 South Pole BM coins.1633.gif

2.3 Cape Hatteras BM coins. Icon has not been updated yet

3.3 Bilby Tower BM coins.1698.gif

4.2 NASA NOAA Aquarius BM coins.1775.gif

5.2 Golden Gate BM coins.1404.gif

6.1 Mt.Rushmore BM coins.840.gif

7.2 Buttermilk BM coins.1014.gif

8.3 Washington Monument BM coins.1254.gif

For the above Trackable Benchmark geocoins $10.00 U.S. and Canada

UPDATED: I will just charge you the cost of the Shipping for International orders.

8 ARK-MO-GEOCACHERS coins.

250.gif

For the ARK-MO Geocachers it is $8.00 plus shipping.

They are trackable coins.

Drop me a line through my profile on what you would like and I will send an invoice....I think I can do that through paypal or you can also send paper and we can gettr done that way.

UPDATE: I am now set up for cards.

Just updating the page.

Thanks everyone so far.

The project is progressing well.

After sending e-mails about the new Benchmark "GEOCAC" I have been given the final ALL SET from the Massachusetts National Geodetic Survey's State Geodetic Advisor, Mr. Curtis Crow.

He is even going to be on hand for its placement. There are just a few loose ends that I need to tie up like the best location in the area on Top of Mt. Greylock in Adams Mass (Google Earth 42° 38.235'N 73° 9.960'W)

The reasons I have chosen this location are many, It is to Honer all of our fallen heroes in times of war, To thank the C.C.C.'s for all the hard work that they did in creating many of the Federal and State parks that we use today, and the fact that it is the highest point in the state of Massachusetts.

This fall when the road finally reopens up to traffic (maybe sooner) I along with the park ranger of Mt. Greylock and the Regional Director of D.C.R., we will locate the best location for the benchmark to be place at, that will not interfere with the daily operations of the park as well as a location that can be easily accessed by Geocachers, Benchmark Hunters, and Surveyors.

As soon as I have the location for it and a date that the road to Mt. Greylock will reopen on after the winter closing I am going to have an event to commemorate its placement.

If I can get the Benchmark Disk this fall I am going to have it on display at the Mt. Greylock H.Q. so everyone can see what it looks like before its placed this spring.

I would love to see the coins made with the locations on the back of of them for each state in the future.

We have approved the place and some of the work has been done already.

Our monthly meeting went well and we are set to set the GEOCAC Benchmark in 2-3 weeks.

It will be set at the I-44 Visitors Center as you enter Missouri from the west side.

It was thought that this would be the best place to get the most exposure.

As it gets closer I will update you to details.

The GEOCAC Coins are once again available at coinsandpins.

GEOCAC BRONZE

GEOCAC SILVER

Just heard back from our county surveyor - we have a location!! It will be at the local tech college (very public place with wide open areas) here in Green Bay. What's even more cool, the students who are studying to become surveyors are going to help set and survey the mark.

Lots to plan out yet - location on campus, timeframe, event, etc. I will keep everyone updated as we progress!!

I thought this project would be alot more involved when I initially saw it. After a few words with GeoTrailBlazer I am taking more and more interest in the GEOCAC project.

I will be contacting the appropriate agencies to see what the next step will be for gettin California on the GEOCAC map. I had read previously that we had a volunteer for CA, but was informed the interest was lost. I hope I may be able to pick up where they left and offer a placement. Still many questions, but as of now the California ball is rollin again!

Fun Fun Fun!...Thanks Geotrailblazer! Great project...as if I dont have enough already! :laughing:

I am not too sure if I understand this 100% will this be a Benchmark or a Geocache, is this a Groundspeak thing and is it going to be logable? What states do you have help in already?

Yes,Yes,Yes.

Not NY yet.

If you send me an e-mail I will send you a Project Document I finally got going.

It will explain it some more and I have a list of the States and Countries.

I might as well mention Iraq is going to have one set.

Well that is a geocacher/benchmarker SFC will be doing it.

Guam is interested and a whole bunch of the US States.

I have a meeting next Wednesday to set up a timetable, a game plan and a location for our benchmark. Although with the college schedule and classes, it most likely will not be set until April '09. Seems like a long way off, but considering winter is coming and that pretty much stops this type of work, maybe not so much.

Now, what do I need to do to get the actual GEOCAC station sent to me??

Katrina

AstroD-Team

Edited by AstroD-Team

The Arizona GEOCAC mark is in and good at N 34 41.694' W 111 16.396', at approximately 7361 Ft. MSL!

69dc5a48-a778-471c-8eab-2bf2170ff10c.jpg

A previous post by the OP states one has been set in Kansas, but I can't find it in the database at the NGS...what's up with that?

Unfortunately, and fortunately at the same time, I was unable to locate a suitable site that was more accessible, so I decided to make it a bit of an adventure to visit. No NGS marks within miles...no geocaches within miles...no pavement within miles.

A very LARGE cache (think APE cache) has been 'hidden' nearby for your geocaching pleasure. The cache will be written up later today, and will be a multi-cache based on the co-ordinates of the mark.

Many thanks to David Minkel, (our AZ NGS adviser), Brian Fisher (Land Survey Party Chief, City of Surprise Geodetic Survey), and most especially Michael Magyar (Project Surveyor, David Evans and Associates Inc.).

A few more photos for your viewing pleasure:

A wide view of the general area, on top of Turkey Mountain.

c14a934c-b1b7-4075-8f48-9f7150a415ac.jpg

Mike checks the GPS rig, while southpawaz and AZgeckogirl confer in the background.

fdd9470e-7422-4053-acfe-44f2b026eefa.jpg

Some Geocoins that came to visit.

a6b45459-6c96-40fc-ab25-f5ace62207a4.jpg

Did you fully Bluebook the mark, or go the OPUS-DB route? Also is the actual point the unmarked center of the disk?

I didn't do anything but provide the disk and choose the location! :)

The unmarked center of the disk was the location measured on, and I believe it will be entered via OPUS-DB.

As I am merely a hobbyist, so I don't know what the differences might be.

I do know that according to DaveD, one only needs one hour of good observational data for an OPUS-DB submission.

Congrats on the First one Az way to go.

Can you send me some pictures?

If you do not want to do it Rhonda at www.cachingnow.com is going to be doing stories on these.

You could send them to her but I would prefer to.

But that is your call.

Again Congrats.

Are you going to enter it as a Waymark?

If you don't I will do that also.

Just let me know.

The one in Kansas has not been set yet and we are doing ours(Mo) this or next weekend.

GEO*

AHH, YES!

My plan for world GEOCAC domination takes another step forward! BUWAA HA HA HA!

oops! :) Did I say that out loud? :ph34r:

I just posted almost all the photo's I took, but AZgeckogirl also has a few. We also have an as-yet unreviewed digital movie of yours truly wielding the hammer-drill, the application of the epoxy, etc.

I can send you what I have.

As for Waymarking, I have no intent or interest.

Waymark away!

Honestly, my role in this project is rather small. Without the vision of YOU GEO*Trailblazer 1, to imagine and invest in this project, and without the help of the Professional Surveyors here in Arizona, I would have nothing to talk about.

OMG, now I am thinking about NV and UT... :ph34r:

Edited by AZcachemeister

I didn't do anything but provide the disk and choose the location! :)

This is not quite true, here are a couple of pictures of ACM manning the drill.

The related geocache has now been published: GC1HT86 The GEOCAC Benchmark Cache. I've posted a few more pictures there. GEO*Trailblazer 1, if you'd like them in higher quality, email me through my profile and I can send them to you full sized.

a5b8d987-6ad3-4be5-aceb-10f68b0f774e.jpg

fa5fe7ce-8423-4fec-b7f1-273faf00acb7.jpg

These are cool, and it's excellent that real surveyors are involved in setting these professionally, but I'm curious, are these going to be officially entered into state, county, or other municipality benchmark databases, in other words, are they official?

Well, at least the GEOCAC mark set in AZ should soon appear in the NGS database.

As Mike said, 'I'm here to get this thing into the database, otherwise you guys could have done this without me.'

Yes the Goal of the project is to have them all added to the NGS Data Base.

The New OPUS it appears to me is really easy to use for those who have survey grade GPS units.

It is also a great way for us Novices to learn from ther Pro's.

It has been very educational for me.

That is another goal of the Project is to educate.

Thanks again all A vision can't come if there are no visionaries.

My hats off to you and I am humbled by your comments Steve.

Way to go, AZcachemeister. The first GEOCAC disk sure is pretty in that setting -

We would have been there if our work had not gotten in the way. :) But, you really did not need our help lugging up all of that equipment, now did ya? :)

Shirley & John

As it turned out, there was just enough mule power to lug the gear, but of course, 'Many hands make light work'!

Coming back down was much easier without that cache-box!

I wish this could have been an actual meeting of every team who had ever logged even one benchmark in Arizona...but of course that would be nearly impossible, and way too much to ask.

I can only hope that our effort will somehow represent all the effort that Geocachers in Arizona have put forth to properly report their benchmark finds, and that this mark will someday become the one mark that all Benchmark Hunters (in Arizona at least, and, well, considering that it is the first...) aspire to visit.

Geo, AZgeckogirl has posted a note on the associated Geocache as well, and the best of her photos are included there.

That video is going to take some work!

These are cool, and it's excellent that real surveyors are involved in setting these professionally, but I'm curious, are these going to be officially entered into state, county, or other municipality benchmark databases, in other words, are they official?

Well, at least the GEOCAC mark set in AZ should soon appear in the NGS database.

As Mike said, 'I'm here to get this thing into the database, otherwise you guys could have done this without me.'

AZ,

You have done a great job of getting this point into the ground and surveyors to help you get it into the OPUS DB data base, but unless NGS has lowered their standards, this will not show up in the NGS data base with the standard data sheet.

To make it into the regular data base, you must perform 3 - 5 1/2 hour sessions during alternating GPS constellation periods, and go through the rigorous Blue Booking process.

The NGS now has the OPUS DB which allows shorter sessions and much less paperwork. The OPUS DB is the equivalent of Waypointing in the geocaching/benchmarking arena, some people use it and some people do not know that it exists.

Still well done and this mark should be a destination for the Arizona geocachers.

CallawayMT

I am an associate member of Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors (www.osls.org) and I've sent an email to our Executive Director. He has already hidden several very creative geocaches through the NSPS project, so he's on board with geocaching.

Just to be clear, I'm not a PLS, but I'm on that career path.

What I'd like to see here is an event scheduled where cachers and surveyors get together and set the mark.

I'm not sure where to go with this, or how to go about getting the mark. I do know someone, though, who uses OPUS-DB pretty regularly to get marks published.

GeoTrailblazer, can you contact me about the discs themselves? I can get started on one for Oklahoma if you want.

So maybe I am misungerstanding this.

This Online Positioning User Service (OPUS) provides you with simplified access to high-accuracy National Spatial Reference System (NSRS) coordinates: all you need is a clear view of the sky and a survey-grade Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver.

OPUS processes your GPS data files with the same models and tools which help manage the Nation's Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) network, resulting in coordinates which are both highly accurate and highly consistent with other users. Your computed NSRS position is sent privately via email, and, if you choose, can also be shared publicly via the NGS database.

OPUS is highly automated and requires minimal user input. To use properly, please familiarize yourself with the information below.

Using OPUS requires just five simple steps:

1. EMAIL

Enter the email address (e.g., your.email@domain.com) where you want OPUS to send your solution report.

2. DATA FILE

Provide OPUS a GPS observables data file in any format (for automatic conversion to RINEX format by UNAVCO's teqc converter) or convert it to RINEX yourself first. OPUS also recognizes compressed (UNIX or Hatanaka.yyd) or zipped (gzip or pkzip) files, including multiple data files in a single zip archive.

OPUS accepts receiver epoch rates of 1,2,3,5,10,15 or 30 seconds, all of which are decimated to 30 seconds for processing. Note: Though your data file may already contain survey metadata, including antenna type, height, and mark information; these are IGNORED as we have found they are inconsistenly formatted.

3. ANTENNA TYPE

Select the antenna brand and model you used. This allows OPUS to determine the appropriate antenna calibration model for processing. Take care! Selection of an incorrect or default antenna may result in a height error as large as 10 cm. See antenna calibration to help find an exact match.

4. ANTENNA HEIGHT

Enter the vertical height in meters of your Antenna Reference Point (ARP) above the mark you are positioning, as shown in the image above right. The ARP for your antenna type, usually the center of the base or tripod mount, is illustrated at antenna calibration. If you enter a 0.0 antenna height, OPUS will return the position of your ARP.

5. OPTIONS

Press OPTIONS to customize the way your solution is performed and/or reported. Your selections will override the optimized OPUS defaults and should therefore only be employed by experienced users.

PROCESSOR

OPUS provides three distinct processing softwares optimized for different data types:

STATIC: For OPUS static processing, your data file must contain at least 2 hours but not more than 24 hours of data. RAPID-STATIC: For OPUS rapid-static processing, your data file must contain at least 15 minutes but not more than 4 hours of data, with all four observation types (L1,L2, P1 (or C1), and P2) present at each epoch used. KINEMATIC: Not yet available.

Brian,shoot me your e-mail through my profile and I will get the information you need to get going for OK.

Yes we are planning an event for Missouri and Kansas...NM when I get that far and AR too.

I am also on that carrer path I am also an associate member of the MSPS SW Chapter in fact I am headed to a monthly meeting now.

As long as it is in an NGS Data Base...

CMT Is this for "Published Marks".

The Bluebooking that is.

Is there 2 seperate data bases one for Opus and 1 for the Published?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

And Not just for Arizona Benchmarkers I will get there someday too.

GEO,

Yes, two distinct and very seperate data bases.

What gets into the OPUS DB is not controlled by NGS, by that I mean, the stringent redundancies associated with the NGS data base are not built into this process(such as multiple occupations, weather data and blue booking). This data may be used, but is not guaranteed and must be used with caution by the user. I have not used this data base as of yet and don't know a lot about it, but I believe that there would be metadata attached explaining what is set, by whom, how and hopefully the amount of data that was collected for the processing. That way any surveyor who chooses to look for closer stations to a project can make their own judgement call whether or not to use one of these stations.

Surveyors will generally accept that any point in the NGS data base is a qualified control station to use for a project, but they will also use proper care to verify these points as well. More than one station has been moved or reset by some well meaning contractor or landowner.

CallawayMT

To make it into the regular data base, you must perform 3 - 5 1/2 hour sessions during alternating GPS constellation periods...

OK, that's pretty straightforward, and I think it can be accomplished...

and go through the rigorous Blue Booking process.

This is a bit vague, can you elaborate?

<HUMOR INJECTION ALERT!>

Will we be forced to sit naked on blocks of ice for 24 hours while some guy curses us in a vaguely Russian accent while slapping us in the face with the tail of a dead fish?

</END BIZARRE HUMOR>

To make it into the regular data base, you must perform 3 - 5 1/2 hour sessions during alternating GPS constellation periods...

OK, that's pretty straightforward, and I think it can be accomplished...

and go through the rigorous Blue Booking process.

This is a bit vague, can you elaborate?

<HUMOR INJECTION ALERT!>

Will we be forced to sit naked on blocks of ice for 24 hours while some guy curses us in a vaguely Russian accent while slapping us in the face with the tail of a dead fish?

</END BIZARRE HUMOR>

AZ,

Too much to describe. Here is a link to the blue book: Blue Book

The occupations must adhere to the policies in the book, including time, co-occupation, monument setting procedures, weather during observations, note keeping, station photos or rubbings, equipment used, data sheet instructions, location description, personnel.....

A costly project to be carried out by surveyors on the clock.

CallawayMT

For those interested, the beta website for OPUS-DB is http://beta.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS-Proxy/oraOpu...b/view.jsp#view. At the top of the page it says "OPUS marks are not yet fully integrated with the NGS database." So it sounds like maybe at some point OPUS-DB marks might be integrated into the NGS database.

For example, currently if you search for the Arkansas horizontal control mark "Knowles" in the regular NGS Datasheets it will come back telling you "SORRY - No Stations Found." If you search for "Knowles" in OPUS-DB you get the following "datasheet" for PID BBBC60:

http://beta.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS-Proxy/oraOpu...mp;style=modern

Also note that OPUS-DB is not the same thing as OPUS. The former is an alternative NGS database of points submitted by surveyors and other geomatics professionals via streamlined methods while the later is a general service for surveyors for post-processing positions against CORS stations. Very few of the points surveyors process through OPUS are submitted to OPUS-DB.

Edited by tosborn

Here is a link to the blue book: Blue Book

The occupations must adhere to the policies in the book, including time, co-occupation, monument setting procedures, weather during observations, note keeping, station photos or rubbings, equipment used, data sheet instructions, location description, personnel.....

A costly project to be carried out by surveyors on the clock.

CallawayMT

While I suspected that the field work and setting the marks was the easy part, I had no idea the office work/paper work was quite so daunting.

On the other hand, the 'GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING GPS RELATIVE POSITIONING DATA' (ANNEX L) does seem to be relatively achievable in the context of a commemorative mark.

I would give my left t&$t!cl& to have the AZ GEOCAC mark fully bluebooked, but I don't think that is going to happen given the standards.

At this point I will be happy to get an OPUS-DB solution/acceptance, since we didn't occupy the station long enough on the day of monumentation.

Well, just waiting for the disk to arrive in my mailbox now as we are hoping to get this GEOCAC WI station set by then end of the month. But it won't get surveyed until April 09.

In my initial conversations, sounds like they are more than willing to go the bluebook method. Of course, they haven't seen all the criteria needed. :laughing: Then again, this isn't just a normal monument they are setting and surveying for their class either. They realize they are working on something special.

At the least, the monument will be projected about 4 inches above ground, the concrete monument poured well below the frost line, and will be surveyed for both horizontal and vertical measurements. Also included: a survey marker sign and a killer geocache that starts at the GEOCAC BM and will require potential finders to learn a bit about surveying to find the cache. (It's great to have a friend who is a surveyor and geocacher and is willing to assist in making this cache). :rolleyes:;)

We will be setting the 1st Missouri GEOCAC Benchmark this coming Saturday.

Finally we are underway.

I will add the images once we are done so you can see what we got accomplished.

I would like to thank everyone again for their hard work and efforts in the continuing story.

So stay tuned there will be more to come.

Here is our Event page once approved.

GC1J8GM GEOCAC Benchmark Setting

We will be setting the 1st Missouri GEOCAC Benchmark this coming Saturday.

Finally we are underway.

I will add the images once we are done so you can see what we got accomplished.

I would like to thank everyone again for their hard work and efforts in the continuing story.

So stay tuned there will be more to come.

Here is our Event page once approved.

GC1J8GM GEOCAC Benchmark Setting

Very cool! Can't wait to see the pixs!

Thanks George.

We will do that.

Ours will be set in a very busy and open place at the Missouri Visitors Center right out front where it can be seen at all times.

Can't wait for Saturday been waiting a long time it seems like.

But I am sure it is like that journey you are on it seems like it takes forever to get there and a lot less time to get back.

It is not the Journey it is that First Step.

Question for GEO*Trailblazer 1:

Our team shared the FTF on the Arizona GEOCAC Benchmark Cache on Turkey Mountain with Team Ropinghtewind. We found and signed the logbook within hours after the cache was published on geocaching.com. However, there was only one of the large (untrackable) geocoins in the cache for a FTF prize.

Because Ropingthewind has a collection of special geocoins, he kept the one geocoin that was in the cache. However, this was our team's first ever FTF, and on such a monumental, first of its kind geocache. Therefore, I am wondering if it is possible to get another of the geocoins.

I have already ordered and received a smaller version (2.25") of the trackable geocoin from coinsandpins.com. But, because of the sentimentality of this particular find to our team, I would still like to have one of the large 4" (trackable, or not) coins.

Is this possible? Where might I be able to get one at?

The benchmark is great, and so is the cache.

I'd sure like to have one of the big coins.

Team Cobre Valley Tomcats

Dave, team captain.

Our team shared the FTF on the Arizona GEOCAC Benchmark Cache on Turkey Mountain with Team Ropinghtewind. We found and signed the logbook within hours after the cache was published on geocaching.com. However, there was only one of the large (untrackable) geocoins in the cache for a FTF prize.

Because Ropingthewind has a collection of special geocoins, he kept the one geocoin that was in the cache. However, this was our team's first ever FTF, and on such a monumental, first of its kind geocache. Therefore, I am wondering if it is possible to get another of the geocoins.

I have already ordered and received a smaller version (2.25") of the trackable geocoin from coinsandpins.com. But, because of the sentimentality of this particular find to our team, I would still like to have one of the large 4" (trackable, or not) coins.

Dave, team captain.

The Big ones are a Benchmark disc.

I think that is what your talking about the one that has been set correct.

If so I have to order them 6 at a time from Berntsen @ 51.00 each to get this price.

That is if I order 6.(Minumum order).

Then there is shipping of course.

But I had not thought of offering those for sale.

Only for the projects.

None of those are trackable.

Unless you buy a travel tag and attach the number to it.

I will e-mail ya back too.

Dave, team captain.

The Big ones are a Benchmark disc.

I think that is what your talking about the one that has been set correct.

If so I have to order them 6 at a time from Berntsen @ 51.00 each to get this price.

That is if I order 6.(Minumum order).

Then there is shipping of course.

But I had not thought of offering those for sale.

Only for the projects.

None of those are trackable.

Unless you buy a travel tag and attach the number to it.

I will e-mail ya back too.

I could've kept my disc as a souvenier or as a TB? No, I'd rather see these disks used for their intended purpose - to be set. Not to be sold, bartered or whatever for collector items or TBs.

I'm anxiously awaiting for Saturday with ya Geo!! Get those pixs posted as soon as you can!

1st GEOCAC for Missouri 2nd for the Nation.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

11-22-2008%20004.jpg

Set....Data Collected now I have to wait on the Surveyor's to send the data and go through that process for OPUS.

It was a cold windy day but I hardly felt the bite from the excitement.

I was lucky enough to have the hole predug by the Survey crew...Thanks again guy's.

11-22-2008%20002.jpg

Grandpa what is this?

Jim (MO. Surveyor)was hand mixing the concrete for the setting when I arrived and had it half way filled already.

11-22-2008%20003.jpg

I jumped on it and went to helping him mix and finish the setting.

11-22-2008%20007.jpg

He had done this many times in the past as he had a contract to set 90 benchmarks I think he said for MO DNR not to long ago.

He even had a special finishing tool for the concrete,I will let the pictures tell that story.

Pancakes anyone?

11-22-2008%20009.jpg

11-22-2008%20010.jpg

11-22-2008%20011.jpg

I had my 3 best Benchmark / Geocaching buddies with me today as well.

Tiggr,bella*cacher and alexis*cacher.

What a treat for me to have the GEO*Girls all together again and they got some lessons as well as we did.

We also had some new friends..Geocachers now benchmark enthusiasts attend as well.

rainwoolf420

I thank them for their help and attending.

After we got the setting finished Jim told me that I got to place the GEOCAC Benchmark...WOW what a feeling to set this mark I can not thank you all enough for helping me to get this far.

So with all the thing I had read and new things just posted I did the best I could to get it set correctly in place and so that nothing could get under the edge.

Jim said that he would also or I could (after cement sets and shrinks) grout the edge of the benchmark for added life.

We then proceeded to get the GPS set up over the mark after it had set for a little bit.

11-22-2008%20015.jpg

11-22-2008%20016.jpg

11-22-2008%20018.jpg