Link Question

Haughton's Hunters

OK, I'm having a heated debate with Eartha and would appreciate a civilized discussion here.

According to Eartha, I can not link to our trackable token because the design can be customized. So it is not one product I want to link to and need to be approved by Groundspeak. So be it.

However, and I having nothing against the coin...actually I like the coin, in this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=179362

There is a link. The link goes to the storefront of their site. Personally, I don't care, but I do feel I have been unfairly censored (and I'm sure this post won't last long either).

Eartha says that this link:

http://www.northboundtradingcompany.com/shop/

Is to one product. I disagree.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I took it personally when my post was hidden. I don't know why it was hidden and not just edited like most other posts here. Why was my post completely removed while other posts just have the link removed? Seems unfair to me, but then again, that's me.

So, I reported the above post as an inappropriate link. And I have been told MANY times now by Eartha that this link is perfectly fine. That it is a link to one product that goes to other versions of the product in different finishes, so it's OK. But take a look yourself and let me know, am I wrong here? Honestly. The link to the northboundtradingcompany.com page is to the home page of the store. It is NOT a link to the product. The product's link is this:

http://northboundtradingcompany.com/shop/i...31799ca9bf2f50f

THAT is the link to the product.

All I'm asking for is honest fairness. And this link being allowed is completely unfair to other vendors that have store fronts. Not just me, but Hog Wild, Coins and Pins, and every other commercial site out there.

Again, just equal enforcement of the rules. And for some reason, whether it really is happening or not, I feel I am being treated with a heavy hand.

Thank you for your time. And again, please keep it civil.

Hmmm,

I suppose there are 2 questions here. Please keep in mind that i am a newish cacher and a rookie collector so i am still awed by the whole coin thing.

Q1 what is the difference between your coin and the others that we see pictures of and links too? In what way is it able to be customised that the others can't be?

Q2 what is the difference between linking to your product and linking in to a store front?

As said a rookie and i don't take offence to being educated as long as you are polite.

L

Oh Merry Chrismas, it's already chrismas eve here and we are getting excited...

Edited to make more sense!!!

Edited by ljay

No problem at all.

Our product is a token with a common back, where the customer can pick a design of their liking from our inventory. All designs have been approved by Groundspeak, so there is no question there. What Eartha is objecting to is the ability to pick a different design. Thus making our one product, actually about 30 products.

Other coins are minted and you can't choose to change the design on either side.

Linking to a product is just that. It links to one single item for sale.

Linking to a store front is the home page of the store, from which point you can choose any of the products from the store by following links.

In either case, you can always get back to the home page of the store or other products via links on the sides or top or bottom of the page.

Thanks for the questions, and I hope I've explained it sufficiently.

Hmmm,

I suppose there are 2 questions here. Please keep in mind that i am a newish cacher and a rookie collector so i am still awed by the whole coin thing.

Q1 what is the difference between your coin and the others that we see pictures of and links too? In what way is it able to be customised that the others can't be?

Q2 what is the difference between linking to your product and linking in to a store front?

As said a rookie and i don't take offence to being educated as long as you are polite.

L

Oh Merry Chrismas, it's already chrismas eve here and we are getting excited...

Edited to make more sense!!!

Hmmm

Ok i get that.

So what is the differece between your post and the one that said " This is our idea for a coin, we've had the stamp made and would you like to pick your own colours for it and they are exclusive to you? If you want to change it to have your team name or logo on one side you can if you pay the extra to have the stamp made?" (please note that this is not a quote from any one post but a general idea that i have picked up from reading many posts)

Is it the non exclusive element that makes this more than one product??

Respect to the Moderators they are doing a great job for no thanks but my understanding of the Geocoin forum is so that we can trade, exchange ideas and create new coins?

While we are moderated to ensure we are not being rude and the content is appropriate this is one forum where commercial links expected?

HH, you've been told repeatedly to work through Groundspeak for your questions - not to bring it in here.

You must realize that during the holiday season that Groundspeak may not be readily available to discuss questions as they too have lives outside of work.

I am closing this thread as well. As stated before, your "issue" is between Groundspeak and yourself and not appropriate for this forum.