Moving waypoints on Mapsource

cobra-ak

I use the direction tool move the waypoint, in this case moving it on top of the maps geographic symbol (dock, airport, crossroads, etc) it looks okay on Mapsource but on send to device it generates a second waypoint egs. the original "X" and "X1" but X1 is not on the mapsource file on the computer but it shows up on the Etrex Vista HCx. Is this normal or I am I doing something wrong?

Are you moving and thus reloading Waypoints that already exist on your GPS unit? (ie you have a Waypoint named Mom's House on your GPS unit, then it MapSource you move the Waypoint to a new location, not changing it's name, and then load it to your GPS unit.) This will produce two Waypoints. The original Mom's house and the newly moved and saved Mom's house. (Actually, this would happen whether you moved it or not if you reload Waypoints with the same name.) Just delete the old one and rename the new one.

Are you moving and thus reloading Waypoints that already exist on your GPS unit? (ie you have a Waypoint named Mom's House on your GPS unit, then it MapSource you move the Waypoint to a new location, not changing it's name, and then load it to your GPS unit.) This will produce two Waypoints. The original Mom's house and the newly moved and saved Mom's house. (Actually, this would happen whether you moved it or not if you reload Waypoints with the same name.) Just delete the old one and rename the new one.

So the waypoints on Mapsource would be added to the existing waypoints on the unit, instead of erasing and then downloading to the unit. Would I have to delete all the waypoints on the unit before downloading changes or deletions? Edited by cobra-ak

To the OP, yes, it doesn't erase them when you load Waypoints to the unit from MapSource. You need delete them either before or after you load the new points.

To travis, "a trail"? What's that? Are you asking about a track? You can't move points in Tracks because they (typically) represent real data. However, you can use the Track Draw tool to draw your own track.

To the OP, yes, it doesn't erase them when you load Waypoints to the unit from MapSource. You need delete them either before or after you load the new points.

To travis, "a trail"? What's that? Are you asking about a track? You can't move points in Tracks because they (typically) represent real data. However, you can use the Track Draw tool to draw your own track.

MM, thanks I deleted all the waypoints on the units before downloading that did the trick.