XMAS Day Cachers

Can't believe people have gone out, found a few caches and are already back and have them logged! :rolleyes: I have to organise these things and sort out bus routes and stuff, wish i could just drive out and get one. But I guess I've managed to convince a friend to try it out this afternoon with a local park one that we couldn't orginally be bothered with. I prefer something a bit more challenging tbh, but I'm just glad to get out of the house before we let the rabble in for the party :D oh, and merry xmas everyone! ;)

Can't believe people have gone out, found a few caches and are already back and have them logged! :rolleyes: I have to organise these things and sort out bus routes and stuff, wish i could just drive out and get one. But I guess I've managed to convince a friend to try it out this afternoon with a local park one that we couldn't orginally be bothered with. I prefer something a bit more challenging tbh, but I'm just glad to get out of the house before we let the rabble in for the party :D oh, and merry xmas everyone! ;)

Car? Luxury- My trio of finds were done on foot :D

:D Have managed to find six today,a few cache and dashes in the rain this morning and one on a three mile walk this afternoon,still yet to have dinner and open my presents :rolleyes: got all that to look forward to.

:D

Just wondering if anybody is planning any caching Xmas Day?

You know, between that huge cooked breakfast, and the Turkey sizzling in the oven?

Dog needs a quick walk past the new cache?

5mins away from the In-laws? (whilst they do the washing up?)

Bit of fresh air out the house?

Work up an appetite.

Try out those new boots/fleece/GPS that you demanded from Santa

Or do you wait till Boxing Day - well it finding Boxes aint it?

;):huh:

The usual 5/5 Champagne picnic followed signing the log.

I had an excellent Xmas lunch of 2 plump veggie samosas while in Southall...YUM!!

had a lovely Chicken Masala for my Christmas lunch in Ashton-under-Lyne. YUMMY!

Ok, I loved my turkey, but now feel distinctly boring!!! We had a walk out to check our own cache and pick up a sexy geocoin we spotted, but like our alcopops too much to go further than down the road walking :rolleyes:

We've decided to forgo the festivities this year so we'll probably be out caching.

:santa: Seasons greeting to all :D

Des & Bren

YAY we spotted you'd done our new seasonal offering :santa:

Didn't think we'd find time to do one today but there was an unknown which we had a DNF on back in October and it's also our closest to home, it's been nagging at us ever since so we decided to walk off our Christmas dinner, so glad we did as it was a lovely afternoon, got back to the car for sunset. So just the one for us today.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mark & Donna

If one is quickly available as I drive back home, sure, I'll stop and nab it.

Me again. Ended up having to deliver Christmas Eve in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM, eleven hours of driving time one way. Managed to catch two on the way up, both an FTF. Snagged two more today on the way home, one an FTF. Does caching on the job really count as work?

:D Not exactly caching in the true sense, but one of Tinkerbell's presents from me was a GPS, so we set her a puzzle cache which she had to complete to find the present.

We all had great fun watching her try to figure it out and she was so excited when she finally made it and realised what the FTF was. :santa: (or should that be the OOeTF?).

We made a video so maybe one day soon at a very small screen near you .... :santa:

Managed to get 1 FTF on xmas eve, 1 on xmas day and 2 on boxing day. This seems a good time to cache as lots of caches are published and there seems to be less FTF competition. Hardly felt that caching detracted from xmas activities, it's what I like doing anyway so why not? Still had plenty of time to stuff myself and acquire a hangover the next morning. Doubt I will get any FTFs next year- I will be up in the Shetlands visting the out-laws.