XMAS Day Cachers

:santa:

Just wondering if anybody is planning any caching Xmas Day?

You know, between that huge cooked breakfast, and the Turkey sizzling in the oven?

Dog needs a quick walk past the new cache?

5mins away from the In-laws? (whilst they do the washing up?)

Bit of fresh air out the house?

Work up an appetite.

Try out those new boots/fleece/GPS that you demanded from Santa

Or do you wait till Boxing Day - well it finding Boxes aint it?

:yikes::yikes:

You know, between that huge cooked breakfast, and the Turkey sizzling in the oven?

Work up an appetite.

Don't do big breakfast, not having turkey (beef this year), no dog, inlaws 5000 miles away in the US, and don't do the pressie thing until after lunch - so if anybody wants to put any out in Exeter, I'll be ready....... :yikes:

We're planning a whole day's caching on Christmas day. No Turkey and trimmings for us as we're veggies anyway. Our lunch will be peanut butter and jam sandwiches washed down with a hot flask of coffee. :yikes:

If the weather forecasters are wrong then we'll head for the Black Mountains, possibly the Blorenge and Mynydd Llangattwg.

If the weather is as predicted then it'll be low level coastal caching near Portishead.

Who cares?

If you can't say anything constructive then it's probably not worth saying :santa:

Anyway :yikes: Christmas Day, probably no caching due to the endless tide of formalities which are great fun! Then as for Boxing Day, well a different matter entirely. I was gonna host a Boxing Day walking event but instead if anyone wants to join me, I'll be doing an unofficial walk round the area for a bit of fresh air and excercise. Might even hide one :yikes:

No caches within striking distance of Lactodorum Towers but I'll be reviewing as normal ;) so someone could be in for a Xmas Day FTF B)B)B)

Wow, what dedication to duty B) .

Bet you get treble pay and a day off for Christmas though :) . Second thoughts scratch the day off, that's pushing it a bit too far :D.

..'es not the only one that will be working tha knows :D:o:yikes::yikes::santa:;)

Who cares?

If you can't say anything constructive then it's probably not worth saying :yikes:

Anyway :santa: Christmas Day, probably no caching due to the endless tide of formalities which are great fun! Then as for Boxing Day, well a different matter entirely. I was gonna host a Boxing Day walking event but instead if anyone wants to join me, I'll be doing an unofficial walk round the area for a bit of fresh air and excercise. Might even hide one ;)

Are you by jove? What time were you thinking of going out as I have a very important appointment at 3pm to watch Everton give Notlob a Christmas Stuffing (I hope).

Anywhere near that darned Thursdays... perchance? :yikes:

Can't do any caching christmas day. Working 'til 4 (triple time and a good laugh:D ), followed by dinner at the In-laws, followed by being over the drink drive limit. :yikes: Otherwise I would have considered going out in the morning. Working Boxing Day too, but off until next year after that (will probably change)

Just about to find a few to do on the way to my Mum's tomorrow (Christmas Eve) though.

Merry Christmas everyone

Work up an appetite.

Don't do big breakfast, not having turkey (beef this year), no dog, inlaws 5000 miles away in the US, and don't do the pressie thing until after lunch - so if anybody wants to put any out in Exeter, I'll be ready....... :yikes:

I’ll bear that in mind. :yikes: there is bound to be one or two up the common.......

No caches within striking distance of Lactodorum Towers but I'll be reviewing as normal B) so someone could be in for a Xmas Day FTF :o;)B)

Wow, what dedication to duty :) .

Bet you get treble pay and a day off for Christmas though B) . Second thoughts scratch the day off, that's pushing it a bit too far :D.

..'es not the only one that will be working tha knows :D:yikes:;)B):yikes::D

WHAT :santa: another one on treble pay, they'll be putting the fees up in the new year, just wait'n see.

I went out and set a new cache today, but not had chance to write the cache page... I know - bloomin house duties get in the way!!

If I get chance tomorrow I'll submit. it, other than that, someone will get a boxing day FTF rather than an xmas day one!

My non caching sister goes off the her in laws on xmas morning, which means my parents, myself and anyone random that fancies a walk (last year there were 4 of mum's neighbours that joined us!!) will go out and do a cache or 2.

We're actually planning to do a puzzle cache I worked out in the summer, so it'll be worth doing!!

Got four new caches placed and ready to go, first one published this morning (Many thanks Mr. Lactodorum), the rest will follow as the previous one is found, to spread out the Christmas caching experience a bit. Question is, will four be enough to last until the New year?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jon.

:(

:mmraspberry::mmraspberry:

We're planning on getting our 200th on Christmas day. We're off to Tarn Hows for a walk. With a 5-week old in pushchair, a 5-year old in wheelchair at the moment and a mother whose been told no lifting or strenuous exercise, anything other than flat is out of the question really - rare around here!

We've already found the one there so have had to look for some on the way there that are accessible. Only one fits the bill that we haven't already found - Windermere on Water - Holme Knott.

We haven't any caches near enough to do but we always go for a walk after the big meal, it's tradition.

I do have a cache which I think needs a bit of attention so we will probably go and sort that one out and our dog now has her own account so she will get to log a few.

So, in answer to the question, we wont be but the dog will. :)