Ideas for an Etrex Vista HCX case

bubnme

I use a Mountainsmith Exposure II camera case. It fits great. It has a small outer compartment that I keep an extra set of AA batts and a single AAA maglite in.

I picked it up at a local sporting goods store for $14.

See here: Mountainsmith Exposure II

I am looking for ideas for a case to store this unit. Some of the cases that are made seem to be a little big for the extrex models (010-0117-02). Any ideas close to this case would be appreciated.

I use the foarm case and find it to be excellent. It really protects, and is lightweight. It isn't exactly the best looking case out there, but I think you would have a hard time finding any better.

I seen a post back in April on aother site where this case was made in black. Are there color choices for this case or the standard "Artic White" that I see on Amazon?

I like this holster: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=9623

It's actually designed for the original eTrex series which is slighly narrower and a tad bit longer. With a little stretching this holster will fit the current eTrex series without being overly snug. There is another problem to consider; the rubber battery cover on the eTrex series tends to get worn down on the material used to line the inside of this holster. Other than that, this holster has a good quality velcro flap and a strong steel spring belt clip.

I use the foarm case and find it to be excellent. It really protects, and is lightweight. It isn't exactly the best looking case out there, but I think you would have a hard time finding any better.

I seen a post back in April on aother site where this case was made in black. Are there color choices for this case or the standard "Artic White" that I see on Amazon?

I got a Foarm case for Christmas for my Vista HCx. I'm planning to write up a full review with pictures, but in short, I like it. Apparently it only comes in white, though, which is unfortunate. I like the black look better.