2008 Kansas Sunshine COINTEST

larry739

One of my very favorite flowers to plant in my windowboxes is called Osteospermum, or African Daisy. The colors I most like are:

white petals with purple center - outstanding and very showy

and

orangey-yellow with purple center - gorgeous

with nickel or silver, these would make beautiful coin color combo's. can't wait to find out what you've chosen.

ps - have come across and moved several KS '07 coins - very nice!

~kim

Hello!

Sorry, I do not know much of how coins are made etc! I have never seen your coin, just because I live in Greece, and becasue I am so new to geocaching!

It your coin is the one you have as an avantar, it is a quite beatiful coin!

I like sunflowers!

I have no idea if what I will say can be done, but I would like to see it in antique gold or shiny gold so it will look like the sun!

I would like the petals to be shiny yellow and near the center to start being orange! How about to make the petals glow in the dark? Can this be done???

By that, you can see it in the dark too!

See...the sun enen if it leaves as and night comes, it still glows for other parts of planet!

Now, about the center....I would like it to be honey gold or light brown! This will not be glowing but you can make the X in the center glow!!!

(Message that no mater day or night, sunshine or dark, geocaching is still there!) :-)

Well....just an opinion!!!

black nickel with brick red glitter center

Are you only looking to change the color of the center? Then, I still say silver with the yellow petals and a glitter light red center.

these two are the two that i see that suggested a glitter ceter Surteb is more accurate to the actual coin

All right, I confess . . . I thought of it but my thought got transferred and the message managed to pop into those 2, especially to surteb :D, and they put it into their postings. Gee, of all the nerve ;)

I will be doing another Kansas Sunshine for 2008 similar to the 2007 one (see avatar). I want to make it look the same but have a slightly different color scheme and use a different metal.

The original Kansas Sunshine was Black Nickel and color used for the center of the sunflower was tan.

The 2007 Kansas Sunshine was Copper and the color used for the center of the sunflower was red orange like the avatar.

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine will look the same except it will have a 2008 in place of the 2007 on the back. What metal and color combo would you like to see?

A free 5 Pack will go to the winner. COINTEST will run until a color is selected. Coins will be mailed to the winner as soon as I have them in my hands.

I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Just for info, I will also make a gold one for activation and release into the wild. I put one in most of the caches I visit. I have activated and released 600 of them so far. I wonder if that is a record for a particular type of geocoin to be put into the wild by one person?

Extra credit if you have ever had an activated Kansas Sunshine in your hands at any time.

Silver with ruby red center. Seems about the only thing I know about Kansas is Dorothy and her ruby red slippers. I have moved two of the Kansas Sunshine coins here in Maine so it must have lots of sunshine too.

Maybe this is it. I can hope.

I will be doing another Kansas Sunshine for 2008 similar to the 2007 one (see avatar). I want to make it look the same but have a slightly different color scheme and use a different metal.

The original Kansas Sunshine was Black Nickel and color used for the center of the sunflower was tan.

The 2007 Kansas Sunshine was Copper and the color used for the center of the sunflower was red orange like the avatar.

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine will look the same except it will have a 2008 in place of the 2007 on the back. What metal and color combo would you like to see?

A free 5 Pack will go to the winner. COINTEST will run until a color is selected. Coins will be mailed to the winner as soon as I have them in my hands.

Just for info, I will also make a gold one for activation and release into the wild. I put one in most of the caches I visit. I have activated and released 600 of them so far. I wonder if that is a record for a particular type of geocoin to be put into the wild by one person?

Extra credit if you have ever had an activated Kansas Sunshine in your hands at any time.

Silver with ruby red center. Seems about the only thing I know about Kansas is Dorothy and her ruby red slippers. I have moved two of the Kansas Sunshine coins here in Maine so it must have lots of sunshine too.

Little known fact about Dorthy is that in the original story the shoes were actually Silver not Red the only reason they turned red was that Wizard of Oz was one of the first movies to use Color

Little known fact about Dorthy is that in the original story the shoes were actually Silver not Red the only reason they turned red was that Wizard of Oz was one of the first movies to use Color

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that and it is fun to learn new things. Maybe that is why the ruby red shoes is what I remember. It was the beginning of color.

I don't know how specific Larry739 will be in choosing a winner - and I won't pretend I don't want to win, cause I do! But I also think a nod should go your way for having a hand in naming the coin.

Edited by surteb

And the winner is:

Well, there are actually three winners and splitting up the prize is going to be a little tough since 5/3 is not an even number.

Woodland Clan

surteb

menace66

are the winners.

Each will get two coins, a standard silver one like the one pictured, and a very special gold one.

Please email me your mailing addresses so I can send them to you when I get them.

I might add that I have decided to sell the coins in 5 and 10 packs.

10 packs will include a gold coin as one of the 10.

Pricing will be:

5 pack $34.50 postage paid

10 pack $57.50 postage paid

Let me know if you are in. Reservations will be taken until 50 ten packs are sold. The rest will be activated and released into the wild.

I also plan to make a very limited number of black nickel for trades for personal coins only.

Let me now if you want to trade for a black nickel one.

My email is larry739@sbcglobal.net

Thanks to everyone for some great suggestions.

I might add that I have decided to sell the coins in 5 and 10 packs.

10 packs will include a gold coin as one of the 10.

Pricing will be:

5 pack $34.50 postage paid

10 pack $57.50 postage paid

Let me know if you are in. Reservations will be taken until 50 ten packs are sold. The rest will be activated and released into the wild.

I also plan to make a very limited number of black nickel for trades for personal coins only.

Let me now if you want to trade for a black nickel one.

My email is larry739@sbcglobal.net

Thanks to everyone for some great suggestions.

Congratulations to the winners :o

Email sent for coin reservation :o

Wow. First coin contest we have ever won. Of course we will be ordering extra of these. The 2 from this will be just for me so I need some extra to give away.

Please set aside one of the BN ones. As soon as our coin is done this will be the first one we want to trade for.

I can't wait to see some "Kansas Sunshine" first hand. Thanks again Larry. :o

Wow. First coin contest we have ever won. Of course we will be ordering extra of these. The 2 from this will be just for me so I need some extra to give away.

Please set aside one of the BN ones. As soon as our coin is done this will be the first one we want to trade for.

I can't wait to see some "Kansas Sunshine" first hand. Thanks again Larry. :o

Will do. You are on the official list.