2008 Kansas Sunshine COINTEST

larry739

I will be doing another Kansas Sunshine for 2008 similar to the 2007 one (see avatar). I want to make it look the same but have a slightly different color scheme and use a different metal.

The original Kansas Sunshine was Black Nickel and color used for the center of the sunflower was tan.

The 2007 Kansas Sunshine was Copper and the color used for the center of the sunflower was red orange like the avatar.

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine will look the same except it will have a 2008 in place of the 2007 on the back. What metal and color combo would you like to see?

A free 5 Pack will go to the winner. COINTEST will run until a color is selected. Coins will be mailed to the winner as soon as I have them in my hands.

I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Just for info, I will also make a gold one for activation and release into the wild. I put one in most of the caches I visit. I have activated and released 600 of them so far. I wonder if that is a record for a particular type of geocoin to be put into the wild by one person?

Extra credit if you have ever had an activated Kansas Sunshine in your hands at any time.

Edited by larry739

Orange Petals and a black center with red or orange for the symbol in the middle. Black nickel for the metal.

I owned an unactivated Kansas Sunshine coin for a while and it seems like I discovered one one time, but I've discovered enough coins at this point that they have become a blur... :)

Thanks for the cointest! :)

Edited by ShmilyNMe

forgot to say coin color - silver with those burgundy-ish petals and a black center. that is my favorite choice.

of course, that combo flower colors would look good on gold or the black nickel, too. why don't you do some of each? or is that too much? anyway, if i have to limit self to one, i will stick with the first choice of silver.

How many times can you enter to win???

By the way I have had 2 Kansas Sunshine Geocoins in my possession, 1 being owned by you!!!

You can enter as many times as you like.

Also, <<<BELL RINGING>>>You are the winner of one coin for being the first to say you found one of mine in the wild. You will have to email me your address. I can send you a 2007 right now or you can wait for the new 2008. Let me know. Merry Christmas!!!

I would like to see one with burgundy-ish petals and a black center. there are so many cool colors of real sunflowers now that you could do many different combinations for the next several years! yours are beautiful.

That is the plan I suppose as long as I continue to geocache. Thanks for the kind comment.

I will be doing another Kansas Sunshine for 2008 similar to the 2007 one (see avatar). I want to make it look the same but have a slightly different color scheme and use a different metal.

The original Kansas Sunshine was Black Nickel and color used for the center of the sunflower was tan.

The 2007 Kansas Sunshine was Copper and the color used for the center of the sunflower was red orange like the avatar.

The 2008 Kansas Sunshine will look the same except it will have a 2008 in place of the 2007 on the back. What metal and color combo would you like to see?

A free 5 Pack will go to the winner. COINTEST will run until a color is selected. Coins will be mailed to the winner as soon as I have them in my hands.

I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Just for info, I will also make a gold one for activation and release into the wild. I put one in most of the caches I visit. I have activated and released 600 of them so far. I wonder if that is a record for a particular type of geocoin to be put into the wild by one person?

Extra credit if you have ever had an activated Kansas Sunshine in your hands at any time.

Silver with ruby red center. Seems about the only thing I know about Kansas is Dorothy and her ruby red slippers. I have moved two of the Kansas Sunshine coins here in Maine so it must have lots of sunshine too.

super cool picture, cf30. that is close to what i had in mind!!! more burgundy, less orange. more black, less gray.

do you know the name of that sunflower in your picture? sorry, to get side-tracked, but i plant some sunflowers every year and really like those.

:) Errmmmm... well I just Googled "Red Sunflowers" & picked the ones I liked. Try "Strictly Sunflowers"...

CF30

How many times can you enter to win???

By the way I have had 2 Kansas Sunshine Geocoins in my possession, 1 being owned by you!!!

You can enter as many times as you like.

Also, <<<BELL RINGING>>>You are the winner of one coin for being the first to say you found one of mine in the wild. You will have to email me your address. I can send you a 2007 right now or you can wait for the new 2008. Let me know. Merry Christmas!!!

Awesome!!!

Thank you an email is on it's way to you.

Happy Holidays.

Can it be gold, even though your "special" one will be gold?

If so, then I'd go with golden sunflower colored petal and a dark brown glitter center with polished gold metal. If you don't want to go with polished gold metal, then go with a satin gold, but I really think that a gold metal would make both the golden petals and the dark brown glitter of the middle stand out!

Naomi :)

Sorry... I should have been specific about which rainbow colours.

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet and if it could be done some blending between colour on some petals. For the center a yellow glitter (to represent the sun)

This is exactly what I was thinking except I was imagining a glitter translucent emerald or Oz-like-glow-in-the-dark green center...on a shiny GOLD base... ie: Toto, it doesn't look like we're in Kansas anymore... as my lovely wife (Dorothy) warbles:" somewhere over the rainbow..."

Outer green and center yellow , I grabbed one of your coins in a rather unique place ! Try these Coords to see where N.27 13.458 W.090 01.899 in the middle of the Gulf Of Mexico on our Drilling rig !! There are 5 cachers working on the same rig and we trade travel bugs and coins to help see them to their intended destinations !!