jensen nvx200

flir67

anyone have experience with the jensen nvx200. just got one and was looking for more info.

seems to have the telealtas maps

I bought one on Friday. I don't know which maps it has, but it seems to compare well with the Garmin Nuvi200 or the tomtom go 1. :yikes:

But since it was on sale for $117.99, and I really didn't have another $100 to spend on one those others, I went ahead and got it.

I've already been using it and I do have one piece of info... The mount IS flexible, although it's very stiff and I thought I might break it, it will flex. Also, the suction cup is really strong.

I will admit that some of the routes are unusual and it does have two failings.

1. can't save routes. [that I know of]

2. Routes don't have enough options. [EG: road avoidance rather then preference.]

Still, it's cool! and my GPS V was starting to have a blank screen after being left on in the car for days and days. :yikes:

EDIT: OH yeah. It's really a PDA with Windows CE operating system. Stylus and all! also Active sync and the manual are on the included CD!

Edited by supertech

Ok - here's some more info...

It's based on Audiovox [i guess they bought Jensen]

2. it's a good idea to exit the gps [audiovox navigator] and configure the settings. You can align the touchscreen, set the date and time and change the language.

3. I set my home location wrong and had to actually read the manual to find a way to edit it.

here's how: From the cockpit tap 'menu' then 'main'

once in the main menu tap 'settings' then 'general'

Now tap 'Set Favorite Destinations'

There you can change the name of the two favs and their location [change address]

Since all gps maps use 0-100 estimation the address may not match the exact location, so I use coordinates instead. [although it'll tell you the nearest estimated address! :yikes:

anyone have experience with the jensen nvx200. just got one and was looking for more info.

I bought one on Friday. I don't know which maps it has, but it seems to compare well with the Garmin Nuvi200 or the tomtom go 1. :blink:

But since it was on sale for $117.99, and I really didn't have another $100 to spend on one those others, I went ahead and got it.

I've already been using it and I do have one piece of info... The mount IS flexible, although it's very stiff and I thought I might break it, it will flex. Also, the suction cup is really strong.

2. Routes don't have enough options. [EG: road avoidance rather then preference.]

Still, it's cool! and my GPS V was starting to have a blank screen after being left on in the car for days and days. B)

EDIT: OH yeah. It's really a PDA with Windows CE operating system. Stylus and all! also Active sync and the manual are on the included CD!

EDIT: I didn't absolutely love this unit, so I bought a Garmin Nuvi200. That one I disliked for other reasons, so I took both of those back and bought a Navigon 2100. So far, I think it's a much better unit then the others.

Why? well, it's got text to speach, it has many options not found in the other two, of not found in one of the others. The only things I miss from the others are customizable cars and POIloader on the garmin, and voices on the jensen...

I bought one on Friday. I don't know which maps it has, but it seems to compare well with the Garmin Nuvi200 or the tomtom go 1. :P

Still, it's cool! and my GPS V was starting to have a blank screen after being left on in the car for days and days. <_<

EDIT: I didn't absolutely love this unit, so I bought a Garmin Nuvi200. That one I disliked for other reasons, so I took both of those back and bought a Navigon 2100. So far, I think it's a much better unit then the others.

Why? well, it's got text to speach, it has many options not found in the other two, of not found in one of the others. The only things I miss from the others are customizable cars and POIloader on the garmin, and voices on the jensen...