Delft Blue "klomp" coin sale

ZAteam

This is the second in series of four authentic porcelain geocoins with Dutch Delft Blue artwork. This second series features a traditional pare of wooden shoes and the text "klomp". Each coin is handmade and is numbered. Each series is limited to a maximum of 125 coins.

When we started thinking about making a coin, we both wanted a typical Dutch coin that was truly different from the many geocoins available now. This resulted in the idea of making a handmade porcelain coin finished in the 'Delft Blue' style.

Because both of us have two left hands(and square eyes), we approached Frans Ottink, an acquainted professional porcelain artist. Thanks to Frans the second series has become a piece of art as well.

Being a handmade coin produced in limited quantities unfortunately means that this is not the cheapest coin out there. We want to emphasise that we have done everything possible to keep the cost down and that the coin is not sold with the intention to make any personal profit. Any possible profits that might result from the sale of the coins will be donated to a good cause.

[EDIT: The coins are priced at Euro 12.90 which is the same price as the first 'windmill' series, but unfortunately the exchange rate leaves the US buyers at a disadvantage]

Sales will start on Friday 21 December at 12:00 Amsterdam time, (GMT +1 hours) which I think translates to 06:00 New York time (GMT -5 hours)

Coins are sold through K2Coins

Edited by ZAteam

Unless i can't see it, could you please confirm what the anticipated shipping costs would be to Australia (and probably to those in the US at the same time), as it is only calculated "after processing your cart" :P

mm

Here are the international shipping costs in euros:

1 coin : weight 35 --> 1.78

2 coins: weight 57 --> 2.67

3 coins: weight 79 --> 2.67

4 coins: weight 101 --> 5.34

Weight is including packaging.

Registered shipping is a flat rate of 7.40

We've decided to remove the processing and handling fee to lighten the blow for the US cachers. It's not much but every bit helps. :P

:laughing: Wow! that was quick.. Hey if someone snagged an extra for trading or would want to sell, or combination of both... shoot me an email. I'd so like to continue my Delft collection.. Dank u veel!

Crap! I forgot until right now and now they're gone!

Like 57chevy, if anyone has an extra to sell or trade, please let me know.

Thanks.

First of all I would like to wish all a Happy New Year.

Just an update on the status. We are back in action after the seasonal festivities :laughing: and are processing the orders. As mentioned before, all the coins were made before the sale and are just about ready to be shipped. We expect to start sending coins within next week. We will be posting here as we ship.

Happy caching, ZAteam and Landcruiser Team

I am an expat from Holland and mised out on both the Klomp and the Windmolen coin :D

Would very much like to trade for them. Willing to offer 2 coins of the colour Siprit coin series for either one of them. And all 5 of the series if you have both coins to offer!

Katja

;) Still waiting

I have had look at your order and it was sent on the 19th of January and from what I can remember from the first series 'windmolen' sale in January 2007 some orders to the US/Canada took up to four weeks :ph34r: ! Now, I certainly hope that you don't have to wait that long but please bear with us for another week.

:P Still waiting

I have had look at your order and it was sent on the 19th of January and from what I can remember from the first series 'windmolen' sale in January 2007 some orders to the US/Canada took up to four weeks :) ! Now, I certainly hope that you don't have to wait that long but please bear with us for another week.

;);):) They came today, WOW, what a great job you guys did with these coins. Nice touch with the hand tied bags and written card attached.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Klomp Stamp used to mail the coins awesome !! Thank you Johan

Thank you very much

Edited by bvnlj