Coming Back

LthrWrk

Before posting this took a quick look around and see a lot of nicks I remember.

After the first of the year going to have some new stuff and get back to caching.

Need to upgrade from my Magellan Gold, still a great handheld. Only drawback with it is a serial cable. New computer aint gonna like that. So need one with usb connection.

Checked the event calendar,,,, seems no meetings anytime soon.

Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas... or holiday... and a great New Year.

After the first of the year going to have some new stuff and get back to caching.

Need to upgrade from my Magellan Gold, still a great handheld. Only drawback with it is a serial cable. New computer aint gonna like that. So need one with usb connection.

Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas... or holiday... and a great New Year.

I'm never one to shoot down a good excuse to upgrade to a newer GPS, but you can always get a serial to USB adapter. The Belkin has worked good for me.

Oh yah... and welcome back. :P

Edited by TotemLake

Hey Charles,

Great to see you back. There should be an event upcoming in the Whatcom/Skagit area early in the new year -- hope to see you there.

[you can always get a serial to USB adapter.

Oh yah... and welcome back. B)

Thanks Totem... I did get an adapter cable and it works, Kewl

Now when I figure out how to get a PQ.zip file to talk to GSAK using Win Vista I am ready to go.

That works the same way it did in XP. Just drag the PQ file to the GASK icon and drop it.