Which TB to move.

I'm Spruce

I've gotten a bit more interested in TBs recently and have been wondering what other people do when they encounter caches with multiple TBs.

Assuming that the TB has a goal of "I just want to travel", how to do you choose which one(s) to take? How many do you move? Do you take them with a future goal in mind? Do you take them based on who has been at the cache the longest? Is it completely random???

Recently I've been thinking about moving ones that have been stuck for a while in area caches and move 'em back out east in the New Year.

Travel bugs are meant to travel. If you can assist the bug in meeting it's goal you can take a many as you want. It doesn't matter if it's two or twenty.

Now, if I don't care to take twenty available TBs I'll probably select one that the goal/theme really interests me.

However chances are pretty good that I will check to see if a bug has been sitting too long and assist it, just because.

I've gotten a bit more interested in TBs recently and have been wondering what other people do when they encounter caches with multiple TBs.

Assuming that the TB has a goal of "I just want to travel", how to do you choose which one(s) to take? How many do you move? Do you take them with a future goal in mind? Do you take them based on who has been at the cache the longest? Is it completely random???

Recently I've been thinking about moving ones that have been stuck for a while in area caches and move 'em back out east in the New Year.

Take one or take them all. Travel bugs want to travel. There is not a "minimum" for travel bugs in caches. If I can help a travel bug move, I move it...

I don't bother with goals when moving TBs locally. One local cache or event is as good as any other, but when I'm taveling, I'll respect a goal tag and just discover the TB if it's not headed my way. No goal tag and it's fair game. I'll see what the goal is when I log it.

Great wisdom from a master TB finder:

"It's a web of life, in my opinion, and absolutely any movement is the next step in reaching its goal. That weird side trip to Florida, may be the next step to Canada. And a side trip may have saved it from going MIA by pilferage in Pennsylvania."

bthomas on the subject of TB movement 10/27/2003