Cache container labels

Tyger4

Where can I find a templete or something so that I can print my own labels for cache containers? I would like to have several sizes (micro/film canister, regular, ammo can, etc). I have a few I want to place in high traffic areas and would like to label them so as to Not cause alarm. I have many Avery labels #8167 and several Avery #3261. I would like to use regular address labels as well (not sure of the number/size). Can anyone help me?

ttfn

Donna

I will put something over them to protect. Otherwise there is a company that makes waterproof stickers. The company ran their label through dishwasher to test...30+ cycles and still ok. I just dont want to have to buy a bunch of stickers when I can print my own labels/stickers.

I want to use the G + symbol then have info about geocaching. For example: Official Geocaching gamepiece, etc.

ttfn

Donna

I think that anything printed on regular paper Avery labels will run when wet. But it's easy enough to test anyway.

edited after not seeing previous post:

You should test even if putting something over the label. I suspect that even placing packing tape or anything similar over a label would eventually let water seep underneath.

Edited by steve p

There is a company that makes waterproof labels....they tested in dishwasher (after 30+ rounds the labels were still ok) that I will get. I know someone else has used these labels and even tested for themself. So that will not be a problem. I guess I will just come up with something of my own. Thanks.

ttfn

Donna

There is a company that makes waterproof labels....they tested in dishwasher (after 30+ rounds the labels were still ok) that I will get. I know someone else has used these labels and even tested for themself. So that will not be a problem. I guess I will just come up with something of my own. Thanks.

ttfn

Donna

How 'bout a link to these waterproof labels?

I'd recommend looking around at some of the labels that are already out there, and using that as a basis for your own label. You can, for example, go through most of the geo-caching related online shops and see example stickers. If you go to Google and hit the "images" link in the upper right-hand corner, then type in a keyword like "geocaching", you should be able to find some graphics that you can appropriate for your stickers (although I would highly recommend getting in touch with the folks who own the page and ask them if it's okay to use their graphics).

Microsoft Word has templates for business cards / envelope labels etc. built-in, and when you do a Help menu search for the word "template" and "avery xxxxx" (whatever you have), you should also get results for templates available online. It's easy-peasy to open those up and then mod them for your own use.

Tip: once you've placed your graphic, double-click on it. You'll get a box of options. One of the tabs is "layout"; set the graphic to be BEHIND TEXT and it'll rest behind your actual label text. You can also set the lightness and contrast using the "Image Control" section of the "Picture" tab (or just use the "Color:" drop-down here) -- set the picture to "Watermark" or set the brightness/contrast so that the pic doesn't compete with your text. Copy the graphics to the other parts of the template (it will probably be laid out using table cells). Write up your text, then copy that and paste it in all the other cells. Voila! You're done. : )

(Another thing I like to do is to use the Text Box option. You can draw a text box by enabling the Drawing Toolbar. Then you can put graphics in the text box. Set the box to no line, no fill. What this allows you to do is precisely place the graphic anywhere on the page. This is how I get around Word's desire to link the graphic, position-wise, to the text, which sometimes drives me nuts. I am SURE there is a better way to do this [i am not a Word guru], but this is the workaround I've found.)

Edited by Jackalgirl