Performance Graphs

TheCarterFamily

Just sitting here monitoring the performance on a DB for work and thought.... (guess where the thought came from...)

If you had a page which posted the last 7 days of system load. People could try to hit the off hours to do their setup of pocket queries, entering the logs and general geo-surfing.

Might help to distrubute the load a bit. Might do nothing too... just a thought.

Interesting thought.

I am not sure it would help very many cachers though. I know I can easily get the results of a new PQ within 5 minutes in my inbox virtually any time of the day or week. No sense in waiting.

Also - many cachers are requesting the info so they can go caching now - not later when server loads are down.

You know, I've looked and looked for those graphs a lot in the last 13 or so days and can't find them at all. I know I was not hallucinating and DID see some performance graphs just about when Jeremy's latest announcements came up.

Can someone post a link to those in this thread?

You know, I've looked and looked for those graphs a lot in the last 13 or so days and can't find them at all. I know I was not hallucinating and DID see some performance graphs just about when Jeremy's latest announcements came up.

Maybe you are thinking about a website like Alexa? You can get a traffic history report for geocaching.com covering ranges from 7 days to 5 years.

Let's see, there's

OpinionNate's, The Groundspeak ServiceMan of the Century, graph:

4b026da8-9959-4f59-84b0-fecf433cdfa1.jpg

Or how about netcraft.com : "What's That Site Running...":

41315.4.png

Or even Alexa.com services?...

I am not affiliated with any of these reporting websites nor

do I hold much relevance without further investigating.

Data consumer beware, but those graphs sure are pretty...

Just sitting here monitoring the performance on a DB for work and thought.... (guess where the thought came from...)

Just think about when it would be most inconvenient for you to log geocaches and log them then. Chances are most people will either be asleep or working.

But seriously, you shouldn't have any problems from now on. Even with the holiday rush the servers haven't been working harder than 40% of capacity.