buy garmin in VS

fireivanhoe

I like to buy a etrex legend hcx.

I'm travelling to VS next year.

does a gps from VS work in Europe (Blgium)

What is a VS??

Any GPS should pick up the satellites. They are in space, not working with specific areas but covering the whole planet.

Go to eBay or the garage sale forum and get you a Legend. They work well on the roads, and I'm sure the X version does even better in the woods than its predecessors.

I'm guessing that you meant the US. I bet with the low US dollar the things are practically free if you come here.

Anyway your unit will work anywhere in the world no matter where you purchase it. The only problem is that it will be loaded with US basemaps if you buy it here. Not an issue if you also buy the mapping software for Europe, but if you don't the mapping feature is useless and a waste of money.

If you do not plan to purchase the European mapping software, save yourself some money and get a non mapping unit like the eTrex H.

VS is dutch for "Verenigde Staten", which is in english United States :-)

But like all others say and which I can confirm: American devices will work in Belgium. But there might be a disadvantage, because your Legend will not speak dutch. Off course there are things out there which you can use to activate other languages, but that 's on your own risk. In that case, have a look at this (dutch) page: http://garpatch.technid.nl/

Regards,

Hans (also from Belgium)

Quote from Briansnat

Why don't they just call us the United States like we call ourselves? It's not like we in the US don't call countries by their real name. Like Germany for instance.

End of quote

Germans do not use the word "Germany" as the name of their country. The French use the word "Allemagne" to name the country of Germany. You are going to have to imagine that you or the U.S. is not the center of the universe and accept that not all the countries in the world use the English version to name their own countries or other countries.

Quote from Briansnat

Why don't they just call us the United States like we call ourselves? It's not like we in the US don't call countries by their real name. Like Germany for instance.

End of quote

Germans do not use the word "Germany" as the name of their country. The French use the word "Allemagne" to name the country of Germany. You are going to have to imagine that you or the U.S. is not the center of the universe and accept that not all the countries in the world use the English version to name their own countries or other countries.

How do you say humor in Canadian?

(I guess I'm going to get a lecture next about there being no language called Canadian.)

Quote from Briansnat

End of quote

How do you say humor in Canadian?

(I guess I'm going to get a lecture next about there being no language called Canadian.)

I don't know the Canadian word for it. However I do know the American word and it is: 'back-pedaling'. That might actually be two words, but who's counting, right? ;)B)B)

Practice, practice, practice. B)