TNT Ebay geocoin auction fund

3doxies

<Removed by moderator>

As an update, the 4 coin Groundspeak set sold last week for $332.00. Thanks to Groundspeak and all of you who bid!! :unsure:

Just a note here of thanks to Robin for taking the time to run these auctions, continued prayers and best wishes to TnT, hoping this one will help with a few of those meds that are needed.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I've made some minor edits to the last few posts.

Please remember:

1) Without prior permission from Groundspeak, non-trackable coins are still not permitted to be sold/promoted here

2) This thread is about the auction of coins

This thread, and it's companion thread that was merged recently, have been drifting off-topic for a while now. The focus of this thread should be the coin auctions themselves, not a thread for prayers.

I'm sorry, but the posts of "lighting a candle", etc. are off-topic and are resulting in the derailment of this thread to one which is no longer focused on the auction.

To allow this thread to stay open, and not be closed for going off topic (remember, this is the geocoin forum), please keep all future posts on-topic.

I'm sure that this is going to upset a few people, but the truth is that this topic has strayed far what is allowed in these forums. If you really feel strongly about this cause and want to help, the best thing you can do (in here) is to keep posts on topic and within the guidelines so that it stays open.

If there are any questions, please contact either Eartha or I offline to discuss - do not use this thread for it.

In closing the question may come up of "why now?"

Simple: Many things fly under the radar until they are brought to our attention by recent event or people. We've said it many times, neither Eartha nor I read every post in every thread so after this thread started on topic, it fell under the radar and didn't raise any flags.

Again, we realize that this is a tight comunnity and you have many options for staying in touch and sending well wishes. That however, was not the purpose of these forums.

Thank you.

I have not listed every auction we have going because most are kinda standard stuff right now. However:::This one is not something that is out there in bigger numbers and I have been asked by a few if we would have them. I am not sure how many will get listed. I can most likely say that up to 5 will be sold, over the next few months, maybe fewer. This is for the Special version of Ultimate Waypoint that was done in Antique Copper, less than 20 were made, over half of those went to family members.

Posting link.Ultimate Waypoint Antique Copper Auction

Thanks again for support, it means a lot to us.

Thanks again to the Highland Geofairy and all who bid on the "unmentionable" coin. It sold for $113.50. :laughing: .

I have an other coin up on E-bay, thanks to Dorsetgal and GeoDog!! XLE Glitter Chase Your Dreams Geocoin. This is one of only 30 made. It will be sent to the winning bidder directly from Dorsetgal and GeoDog, with the payment going directly to Tank and Tracy's paypal account. Thanks! - Robin

Thanks again to the Highland Geofairy and all who bid on the "unmentionable" coin. It sold for $113.50. :laughing: .

I have an other coin up on E-bay, thanks to Dorsetgal and GeoDog!! XLE Glitter Chase Your Dreams Geocoin. This is one of only 30 made. It will be sent to the winning bidder directly from Dorsetgal and GeoDog, with the payment going directly to Tank and Tracy's paypal account. Thanks! - Robin

I just read Wendy's story in the ebay listing. What a triumph and honor.

E.caballus ... thank you.

Thanks again to the Highland Geofairy and all who bid on the "unmentionable" coin. It sold for $113.50. :D .

Great to see the auction up and running ... so far only two of these coins have left my posession, so this could be YOUR big chance :sad:

Thanks again to the Highland Geofairy and all who bid on the "unmentionable" coin. It sold for $113.50. :grin: .

Bump...

Again, I don't list most of our auctions here but this one is kinda special to us.

Most know that we do a special(normally) Trade version of Tanks dragons. Well the last one the Black Dragons were made to trade at a big event that we were unable to attend and with everything here i decided to post one for auction. I may post one more.

I would not sell anothers trade only knowing it was meant that way. But with it being ours, I figured that would be enough permission.

The coin is a Black Dragon on Copper with Glow in the Dark ooze ring.

Link is:

GID black dragon

We have one other special set up, but cannot post it here. Sorry

Thanks again for all the support. Hoping to try and make the trips to MWGB and Coinfest. Plan is to get Tank able to travel by time Coinfest rolls around he would love to hear and see everyone I am sure.

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. :huh:

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

Nerdsv2Auctiongroupshot.jpg

I bid...twice...and they're already out of my reach! :D Wow, good job!!

THANKS for all the hard work on this Tadpole...AWESOME!

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. ;)

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

The v2 auction is up to $100!! And this is for 31 trackable Nerds, plus a Mystery Nerd!! So keep the bids coming!! :)

The v1 auction is only at $1.04 :D You are bidding on 11 coins plus a Mystery Nerd.

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. ;)

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

The v2 auction is up to $100!! And this is for 31 trackable Nerds, plus a Mystery Nerd!! So keep the bids coming!! :)

The v1 auction is only at $1.04 :D You are bidding on 11 coins plus a Mystery Nerd.

Not now...COME AND GET ME!! lol

I have just listed two auctions of Geocoin Nerds that were generously donated by group members. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to TnT. Both auctions also include a Mystery Nerd. :D

Geocoin Nerd TnT Auction

Please Bid Generously.

I bid...twice...and they're already out of my reach! :) Wow, good job!!

The v2 auction is up to $100!! And this is for 31 trackable Nerds, plus a Mystery Nerd!! So keep the bids coming!! :D

The v1 auction is only at $1.04 :) You are bidding on 11 coins plus a Mystery Nerd.

Bid submitted....thanks for chance to grab some.

mm

I've made some minor edits to the last few posts.

Please remember:

1) Without prior permission from Groundspeak, non-trackable coins are still not permitted to be sold/promoted here

2) This thread is about the auction of coins

This thread, and it's companion thread that was merged recently, have been drifting off-topic for a while now. The focus of this thread should be the coin auctions themselves, not a thread for prayers.

I'm sorry, but the posts of "lighting a candle", etc. are off-topic and are resulting in the derailment of this thread to one which is no longer focused on the auction.

To allow this thread to stay open, and not be closed for going off topic (remember, this is the geocoin forum), please keep all future posts on-topic.

I'm sure that this is going to upset a few people, but the truth is that this topic has strayed far what is allowed in these forums. If you really feel strongly about this cause and want to help, the best thing you can do (in here) is to keep posts on topic and within the guidelines so that it stays open.

If there are any questions, please contact either Eartha or I offline to discuss - do not use this thread for it.

In closing the question may come up of "why now?"

Simple: Many things fly under the radar until they are brought to our attention by recent event or people. We've said it many times, neither Eartha nor I read every post in every thread so after this thread started on topic, it fell under the radar and didn't raise any flags.

Again, we realize that this is a tight comunnity and you have many options for staying in touch and sending well wishes. That however, was not the purpose of these forums.

Thank you.

May I add a correction to your statement number 2. This thread is about coins being auctioned for a good cause.

The Highland Geofairy's personal coin, whilst not trackable, has not and never will be sold - it was not added to this thread to promote it or otherwise, it was added to raise funds. I had hoped to raise further funds from another coin, permission being required for this from the owner, a point blank refusal - so blunt almost to the point of being rude has left me feeling very dissillusioned with this organisation which appears to be becoming increasingly bureaucratic and nit picky.

Back on topic, I am glad that so many coins have been donated and raised funds for this geocaching family, who are part of a bigger 'family' - geocachers globally.

I am very pleased to say that I have now received a much more considered response from Groundspeak and feel that it only right that I clarify their position.

Whilst they may have approved the sale/auction of Groundspeak coins in the past, their policy has changed and they will no longer approve such sales/auctions in the future. The coins are given as gifts and they do not wish them to be sold. I respect that decision, but feel that it is worth mentioning here so that we all know for future reference.

I am very pleased to say that I have now received a much more considered response from Groundspeak and feel that it only right that I clarify their position.

Whilst they may have approved the sale/auction of Groundspeak coins in the past, their policy has changed and they will no longer approve such sales/auctions in the future. The coins are given as gifts and they do not wish them to be sold. I respect that decision, but feel that it is worth mentioning here so that we all know for future reference.

Has this change of policy taken place quite recently then?

Has this change of policy taken place quite recently then?

No this policy has been in place for some time. Individuals have chosen to ignore it.

Looks like TnT are doing fine now because they are selling geocoins again. Moderator, any chance of closing this thread?

They are selling coins to try and make ends meet. Tracy is doing the best she can to try and take care of all the bills that are still coming in. Tank is still in recovery so I don't think this thread should be closed.

As soon as we get them and assuming they turn out well, we'll be giving WI_Robin a special mustang coin to auction for TnT. We had 5 made in polished nickel background with black nickel horses for auctioning for charity purposes and the TnT fund will get the first one.

Thanks everyone. I have gotten a few e-mails today about Tank, not sure how best to update everyone at once. And wanted to again say thanks to everyone that has helped. Yes we are trying to get things as back to normal or whatever our normal is going to be. With mom home helping take care of Tank, coins and the internet are the only thing to help support all of us for now, and we are doing the best we can. I will be seeing some of you at events close by and hoping to make a few of the bigger ones too. sadly it will most likely be alone.

We do have a few standard auctions up now and putting up some in the next week also.

Tank is doing better but still mostly unconcious. He is beginning to look around more and we have taken several trips out of the house and he seems to enjoy that. We actually went to a local event on Sat. with some good friends. It was our 1K looged cache and it meant a lot for Tank to be there. He seems to be much more alert and is trying to move mouth and tougue in what appears to be talking type motions. We are kinda on our own as his doctors have no idea what to expect either, since in their best guess he basically should not be here still and the things he is doing they didn't think he would. We are blessed to have a huge God and a lot of friends with some powerful prayers. And Tank is a huge,,,, pain in the butt and fights about everything so not expecting him to give up on this either.

A special thank you to my WI angel and all she has done to help out.

May God bless you and yours and happy Father's Day.

Tracy and Tank

Looks like TnT are doing fine now because they are selling geocoins again. Moderator, any chance of closing this thread?

WOW, been so busy lately, I have lost track of a lot of interesting and important threads...this being one of them!

TnT and family are always in my prayers and heart, I think about you folks often! I would hate to see this thread dropped simply because someone feels business as usual (while only in survival mode) means all is well again! Anyone who has lived with a stroke in the family knows this isn't even close to being the end of the story!! :laughing::)

THANKS for the update Tracy, and for bringing this back to our attention. I hope things are going smoothly (as smoothly as possible in this situation of course). Keep strong and keep the faith my friend!

Interesting clarification - I wonder how they feel about "fund raising" raffles. To me, it is the same thing.

Currently there is a "raffle" going on through a "state" geocaching website - the donor of the coin was a reviewer for Groundspeak and donated it with the expressed intent of it to be used for a raffle.

To me - fund raising auction ~ raffle as a fund raiser = same result.