TNT Ebay geocoin auction fund

3doxies

Last month I had the pleasure of jumping through hoops with eBay about my login and pw.

Apparently someone hacked my account and was using it to send out the spam like what you received and it resulted in my account being suspended. I've had the account for more than 6 years, even if I rarely buy anything, fortunately we were able to get it all straightened out and back on track. It affected both the US eBay and the UK eBay, and it appears to have affected the Swedish version, which I'm now finding out, as well.

MAJOR PIA!

Especially since both my username and pw are made up names/words/sequences...and totally baffling for just that reason!

Naomi :D

I did the auction for the Lackey and I certainly didn't send out any second chance offers! Please be careful in what you respond to!

I didnt respond to any. But it is amazing how exact they make their emails. I had read some while waiting for the auctions to end. So I wasn't totally clueless. I knew the seller was you and that is what saved me. Didn't realize that someone could hack into your account and send an email though. Good thing I know if it is legit it will be on the page and not just in my email. Does make me stop to think now. Once again I was lucky.

One quick way to tell if the e-mail is legit or not is to hover your pointer over the link in the e-mail that they want you to use (but don't click on it.. just hover over it) and you see that the computer will show you the actual address that the link will send you to. Most likely it isn't an e-bay address. I do this for any suspect e-mails that I get just in case.

I talked with Tracy this afternoon. Tank has been moved to a regular room. He still has not awakened (yet), but he's maintaining his breathing on his own. His heart rate, temperature, and blood pressure are good. He occasionally swallows and coughs. Keep in mind these are all things the doctors did not expect him to be able to do! Again and again Tracy expressed her appreciation of how wonderful everyone has been, from the coin auctions which have been bringing in funds to pay the bills, to the prayers constantly going up for them. Thank you all so much!

Thanks again for everyones prayers and thoughts. We are trying to stay strong and have up and down days. Tank is holding his own medically, even doing better than we were told to expect. He has not yet woken up and we are highly prayer for some small signs. We are in process of finding a nursinghome/ re-hab that will take us without any current insurance. We are waiting on SSI to process madicaid for him. Government moves slow. I cannot express how grateful our family is for all the wonderful cachers out there. Your support means more than you know. Back to hospital for me now. Tracy

A quick update for you folks before heading back to hospital. Thanks again for everyones prayers and thoughts. We are trying to stay strong and have up and down days. Tank is holding his own medically, even doing better than we were told to expect. He has been breathing on his own for over two weeks now, with no trouble. He has not yet woken up and we are highly praying for some small signs. We are in process of finding a nursinghome/ re-hab that will take us without any current insurance. We are waiting on SSI to process madicaid for him. Government moves slow. I cannot express how grateful our family is for all the wonderful cachers out there. Your support means more than you know. Back to hospital for me now. Tracy

Good news, but man...he cant just cant hurry up and get better?

When he wakes up will he be able to find some caches??? :ph34r: ...That auta bring him around! Can ya whisper in his ear that there is a FTF just down the way? That'll work!!! :)

I hope the best for Tanks speedy recovery and hope you are able to find suitable aid to help with the bills, I can only imagine what hoops you are having to jump through to find an insurance with all the medical.

Just thought everyone should know, I've received a couple of spam ebay messages from sellers saying they have the same item I've bid on and I can negotiate a price from them to purchase it.

The thing is, the item they're claiming to have is the Geo-Jellies set, which of course, is impossible.

So be aware if you get messages like that, they're just spam.

I just received four more spam emails regarding the Geo-Jellies sets. Some of them even said the auction was over and the highest bidder didn't want to buy it. Of course, the auction hasn't ended yet. I reported all of them to eBay.

One quick way to tell if the e-mail is legit or not is to hover your pointer over the link in the e-mail that they want you to use (but don't click on it.. just hover over it) and you see that the computer will show you the actual address that the link will send you to. Most likely it isn't an e-bay address. I do this for any suspect e-mails that I get just in case.

Thank you for the info.

Update on Poker Coins: The coins have stopped trickling in; we will be putting what we have up on Ebay on January 31st. Please contact me if you have not donated a poker coin but would like to so we can make arrangements.

Also wanted to let you know that I listed three (3) new auctions tonight on Ebay. Here are the links:

G. O'Coin Bug Mystery Coin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260206351162

3Doxies Gold LE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260206353006

Ultimate Waypoint Antique Copper AE (only 15 minted):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260206354560

Thanks again for all your support, and happy bidding! :ph34r:

A quick update for you folks before heading back to hospital. Thanks again for everyones prayers and thoughts. We are trying to stay strong and have up and down days. Tank is holding his own medically, even doing better than we were told to expect. He has been breathing on his own for over two weeks now, with no trouble. He has not yet woken up and we are highly praying for some small signs. We are in process of finding a nursinghome/ re-hab that will take us without any current insurance. We are waiting on SSI to process madicaid for him. Government moves slow. I cannot express how grateful our family is for all the wonderful cachers out there. Your support means more than you know. Back to hospital for me now. Tracy

Thanks for the update.

Hang in there, Tracy... we're all still with you and still praying and lighting candles and doing all we can! God never gives us more than we can handle, although sometimes it would be nice to be out of His "Life" honor's class!!

*hugs*

Naomi

The Auctions are up and running :) . Please check them out and bid generously. All paypal payments are being sent directly to Tank and Tracy.

2005 Groundspeak Lackeys Geocoin - Thanks Rockin Roddy!

Mickey Diver Mystery Coin - Thanks Rockin Roddy!

Artist Edition Cache Critters Geocoin

22+ Geocoin Nerds Geocoins - Thanks Nerds :ph34r:

I see the Mickey Diver is already getting some bids. Way to go gang!!

I had them posted on the previous page, but it doesn't hurt to bring them to the top :) .

THANKS Robin....with everything happening around my house lately, I just missed this!! Great JOB!!!

Hey everyone...just back from Vegas about an hour ago and I'm dead tired. I'm really pleased with the sales of these coins, so happy to see some much needed money going out to the TnT family!! AWESOME job bidding on these, THANK-YOU to the winners!!! You've all made me VERY happy!! :D:D:D

With the help of SoCal Geocoins, we are working on producing a custom coin for Tank with ALL proceeds going to the family.

We'll keep you posted.

Great news Tracy! We're all with you!

TankCoin2.jpg

I think thats a neat idea. USA 45

here 's a quote maybe for the back( A cacher is a Friend indeed when A cacher is in need)

Edited by USA 45

With the help of SoCal Geocoins, we are working on producing a custom coin for Tank with ALL proceeds going to the family.

We'll keep you posted.

Great news Tracy! We're all with you!

TankCoin2.jpg

I think thats a neat idea. USA 45

here 's a quote maybe for the back( A cacher is a Friend indeed when A cacher is in need)

You know that we are so there ;)

Thanks for the update, Tracy. I'm still keeping you all in my thoughts

I have a few more auctions up and running thanks to donations from Laval K9 and CachingCoins.

LE Glitter Laval K9 Geocoin

CachingCoins Birds of a Feather Geocoin

LE Purple Quadcacher ATV Geocoin

#12 Geocache Hockey Geocoin

Canada's Capital Cachers Biking Against MS Geocoin

Please check these auctions out and bid generously. All proceeds will go directly to TnT's paypal account. Shipping and E-bay fees are my donation. Every little bit helps! Thanks!!

We are awaiting the revisions on the coin, It will be 1.5 in, 3mm, with white and purple enamel and glitter in the Gold LE. There will be 3 metals, Nickel, black nickel and Gold LE. Both sides are 3-D and we will keep you posted on the sales of the coins. Thanks everyone who has helped with the Geocoin sales and Donations. There are a few coins left that We will put up for auction on Tuesday or Wed.

Happy Caching,

Nan and Matt

Question for those interested in the GeoCoin:

Having never produced coins with the specific intent to raise funds before, what pricing and method does everyone here feel is reasonable?

ebay? ~ somewhere else? ~ sell them all for a set-price or take bids?

Obviously we want to raise as much as possible for the family but we don't want the coins to be out-of-reach either.

$50 each? ~ $100? ~ more? ~ less? ~ auction?

Any input is helpful.

Side note ... this fundraiser is NOT tied to the magazine subscription "Tank" promotion - it is open to everybody and ALL funds raised go to Tank & Tracy

(not "proceeds", not "profit", but EVERY PENNY! ) i.e. ... we get $100 for a coin = $100 goes to Tank & Tracy!

Keep up the prayers and good thoughts everybody ~ it's working!

-MJ / GeoMag

Edited by Geocacher Magazine

As of right now most the coins that have been donated have been paid for and shipped. We are still awaiting payment for about 10 coins and I have another 5 coin that we will be putting up tomorrow or Wed. Thanks to everyone for their donations and for their generous bids.

We are teaming up with Geocachermagazine.com to make a coin to help Tank and Tracy, Called Unite for Tank. The coin will be trackable with a unique Icon. We are awaiting the revisions on the coin, It will be 1.5 in, 3mm, with white and purple enamel and glitter in the Gold LE. There will be 3 metals, Nickel, black nickel and Gold LE. Both sides are 3-D and we will keep you posted on the sales of the coins. Thanks everyone who has helped with the Geocoin sales and Donations. There are a few coins left that We will put up for auction on Tuesday or Wed.

Happy Caching,

Nan and Matt

I think everybody wants to do what they can to help the family. Tank & Tracy are valued members of this community.

That being said, I think pricing the coin at $50 puts it out of reach for some of us. If you sell for around $10 each, you will sell more of the coins, and make more money for the family.

I was just sending an email pretty much saying the same. Maybe some sort of limited finish could be made available that could be auctioned or sold for a higher price. But putting a coin at $50 or more is likely going to exclude a large number of people who would otherwise very much like to try and help someone in the community who is in need.

I think everybody wants to do what they can to help the family. Tank & Tracy are valued members of this community.

That being said, I think pricing the coin at $50 puts it out of reach for some of us. If you sell for around $10 each, you will sell more of the coins, and make more money for the family.

I was just sending an email pretty much saying the same. Maybe some sort of limited finish could be made available that could be auctioned or sold for a higher price. But putting a coin at $50 or more is likely going to exclude a large number of people who would otherwise very much like to try and help someone in the community who is in need.

May be a dumb idea, but look at the Alaska coin... they had a two tone coin that was quite a bit more expensive than the regular coin... then they had the gold one, but that was a different story, lol!

Could you do a limited edition coin that would sell for a much higher amount - think 35 to 50 bucks, and then a regular edition that us lowly ones (read unemployed, broke, poor, etc., lol) could afford?

Naomi :laughing:

May be a dumb idea, but look at the Alaska coin... they had a two tone coin that was quite a bit more expensive than the regular coin... then they had the gold one, but that was a different story, lol!

Could you do a limited edition coin that would sell for a much higher amount - think 35 to 50 bucks, and then a regular edition that us lowly ones (read unemployed, broke, poor, etc., lol) could afford?

While I want the family to make as much money as possible, the Alaska coin is a bit different. The Silver and two tone coins were both made with on ounce of .999 silver. Generally the coins minted by most companies are made of brass, copper and sometimes zinc as the base metal.

While I want the family to make as much money as possible, the Alaska coin is a bit different. The Silver and two tone coins were both made with on ounce of .999 silver. Generally the coins minted by most companies are made of brass, copper and sometimes zinc as the base metal.

The Alaska coins cost much more to make, that's a lot of why the high price.

The Alaska coins cost much more to make, that's a lot of why the high price.

Exactly.

A quick update on Tank's condition:

Tonight Tracy said his temperature has been up a little. But he's still responding to stimulus, as well as moving his head around some. He still hasn't awakened yet. He's still in the hospital, in a regular room. Thanks to all of your for your continued prayers and support!