I'm in a cointest mood! Let's Do Another!

Nochipra

I now have 7 votes in. I need some more votes otherwise this is going to be a very close race:) Please make sure you send your votes to wheely555@gmail.com. This is NOT my email attached to this forum!

Remember to cast your vote for your favorite recipe at wheely555@gmail.com. Even if you did not participate in the contest you can still cast a vote.

DEADLINE IS DEC. 25, 2007 AT MIDNIGHT (EST)

We only have 8 votes in now. There is still a time to get your vote in. Just FYI there is someone ahead by 1 vote so keep them coming to have your favorite recipee win a gold Naughty or Nice coin and certificate for Top Forum Recipe:)

NOTE: Please make sure you send your vote to wheely555@gmail.com for your vote to count

Edited by Nochipra

Chocolate covered Pretzels

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet, put a Hershey Kiss on each pretzel wheel.

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 minutes

Take out of oven

Push 1 M&M on top of the melted Hershey Kiss

Let cool on wax paper until they cool (time is determined by how warm is the room that you are cooking in :D )

:rolleyes: Eat & enjoy :D

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

Just finished my 2nd batch, oh yum! You gotta be quick moving them onto the wax paper. My first batch turned out a little ugly so I ate them all. Why bring less than perfect goodies for the family tonight, they deserve only the best right? ;) Thanks for sharing something for those of us who don't bake :huh:

Forgot to mention that the pretzels slide easily and I didn't notice that some of the kisses fell off the pretzels....

Edited by tsunrisebey

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Take out of oven

Let cool on wax paper until they cool (time is determined by how warm is the room that you are cooking in :D )

Just finished my 2nd batch, oh yum! You gotta be quick moving them onto the wax paper. My first batch turned out a little ugly so I ate them all. Why bring less than perfect goodies for the family tonight, they deserve only the best right? ;) Thanks for sharing something for those of us who don't bake :huh:

Forgot to mention that the pretzels slide easily and I didn't notice that some of the kisses fell off the pretzels....

Those look so yummy, Steph.... were they as good as they look? I just LOVE chocolate covered prezels, I imagine these would totally rock! I'll have to wait till the next time I go to the US to find out since they don't have Hershey Kisses here (the horror!!!) or pretzel rings! Man, it sucks being me sometimes, lol!

Naomi ;)

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Take out of oven

Just finished my 2nd batch, oh yum! You gotta be quick moving them onto the wax paper. My first batch turned out a little ugly so I ate them all. Why bring less than perfect goodies for the family tonight, they deserve only the best right? ;) Thanks for sharing something for those of us who don't bake :D

Those look so yummy, Steph.... were they as good as they look? I just LOVE chocolate covered prezels, I imagine these would totally rock! I'll have to wait till the next time I go to the US to find out since they don't have Hershey Kisses here (the horror!!!) or pretzel rings! Man, it sucks being me sometimes, lol!

Naomi :huh:

I know they have wonderful chocolate in Europe ;) I bet you could use other pretzel shapes? I'm not sure what a pretzel wheel is but I used the twists. Yes, they are very yummy! I haven't tasted one that has actually cooled down yet and I better stop eating them or there will be none left by this evening. :D Merry Christmas Naomi :D

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Take out of oven

Naomi ;)

I know they have wonderful chocolate in Europe :D I bet you could use other pretzel shapes? I'm not sure what a pretzel wheel is but I used the twists. Yes, they are very yummy! I haven't tasted one that has actually cooled down yet and I better stop eating them or there will be none left by this evening.:D Merry Christmas Naomi :D

Anyone else here get the feeling that those chocolate pretzel wheels don't stand a chance, lol!

I think I'm gonna have to see if I can improvise and get some done here, mumms! Wonder how they'd be with a mini-marshmallow on top instead of an M & M? Hmmmmm?

Feliz Navidad!! God Jul! Merry Christmas!

Naomi :)

Edited by mousekakat

Well folks,

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner than now but I haven't had a chance to get back online til now and I have been debating on what to do? As of this point I only have 10 official votes from the whole geocaching forum which I don't really believe is a true representation for the Top Forum Recipe title and to top it off there is a surprising 3 way tie right now? I think what I am going to do is leave the voting open until New Years Day (NOON EST) to see if the 3 way tie can be broken? I think that there were quite few forum members away for Christmas who probably normally would have sent in votes and this will give them a chance to participate. So please CONTINUE TO SEND IN YOUR VOTES TO wheely555@hotmail.com. If there is still a tie at the end of the contest then I will decide on what to do at that time. REMEMBER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE CONTEST TO PUT IN YOUR VOTE.

Nochipra

Pretzel Wheels

Red & Green M&M's

Hershey Kisses

Take out of oven

Let cool on wax paper until they cool (time is determined by how warm is the room that you are cooking in B) )

B) Eat & enjoy B)

Just finished my 2nd batch, oh yum! You gotta be quick moving them onto the wax paper. My first batch turned out a little ugly so I ate them all. Why bring less than perfect goodies for the family tonight, they deserve only the best right? B) Thanks for sharing something for those of us who don't bake B)

Naomi B)

I know they have wonderful chocolate in Europe :D I bet you could use other pretzel shapes? I'm not sure what a pretzel wheel is but I used the twists. Yes, they are very yummy! I haven't tasted one that has actually cooled down yet and I better stop eating them or there will be none left by this evening.:D Merry Christmas Naomi :D

Anyone else here get the feeling that those chocolate pretzel wheels don't stand a chance, lol!

I think I'm gonna have to see if I can improvise and get some done here, mumms! Wonder how they'd be with a mini-marshmallow on top instead of an M & M? Hmmmmm?

Feliz Navidad!! God Jul! Merry Christmas!

Naomi :D

Here is a really good variation on that recipe.

mini pretzels ( the regular pretzel shape, just the tiny ones)

rolo candies (barrel shaped caramel in chocolate)

pecan halves

Put the pretzels on a baking sheet that is lined with wax paper, unwrap a rolo and sit it on top. Bake at 325 for 2 minutes (no longer!) Take them out of the oven and press a pecan half on top...let cool and then enjoy! It doesn't hurt for the wax paper to go in the oven and then you don't have the mess of trying to move them, once they are cool they pop right off the wax paper.

Too late for the cointest but wanted to share one a friend sent me:

Tequila Christmas Cake

Once again this holiday, I have had requests for my Tequila Christmas Cake so here goes:

1 bottle tequila

2 cups dried fruit

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1 cup water

1 tsp. salt

1 cup brown sugar

Lemon juice

4 large eggs

Nuts

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the tequila again

to be sure it is of the highest quality.

Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another shot

just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy.

Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the fruit up off the floor.

Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a

drewscriver.

Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity.

Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something.

Check the tequila.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner

Finally, throw the bowl through the window.

Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat.

Cherry Christmas

This is an awesome recipe that I only make for holidays because it is white like snow, but it could be made for any gathering. It is simple, easy, and everyone so far over many years has loved it. Sometimes I think the name of it is what catches people's interest, and I'll tell them how it is made in a new garbage bag and it is white! They'll get the pun, try the snack, and be hooked.

WHITE TRASH

16 oz. box of Golden Grahams cereal

15 oz. box of raisins

11.5 oz. can of mixed nuts

1 stick of butter

2 cups creamy peanut butter (a 17 or 18 oz. jar)

1-3/4 cups milk chocolate chips (an 11.5 or 12 oz bag)

1 box confectioners' sugar (sometimes takes a box and a half)

Mix all dry ingredients (cereal, raisins, and nuts) except confectioners' sugar. Put this in a large plastic bag (unscented garbage bag!) and toss together to mix up.

Melt butter, peanut butter, and chips in a double-boiler just until melted and mixed together. Pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well. Holding top of bag closed, toss around until all dry ingredients are coated. It will be a globby mess at this stage!

Pour the box of confectioners' sugar over all and toss around some more to coat all pieces. May need another half of a box. Should be individual pieces and each coated white like snow!

Freezes well and can be eaten straight from freezer.

marpomem

I have to vote for this one, email sent. I mixed this up at 6 times the called for ingred. and used it at our Christmas Eve party. Have now been requested at least 10 times for the receipe. :rolleyes: It is tryly addictive.

THE WINNER OF THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR CONTEST IS

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagle-2 for the DIRT CAKE

PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS, CONGRATS! IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME FOR CHIP AND I TO FIGURE OUT THE ONE WE CHOOSE SO STAY TUNED!

Thanks and Happy New Year!!! ;)B)B)

Eagle-2

Hi all,

I'm so very sorry that I didn't post this earlier but we had some relatives who decided to come in for a visit right after Christmas and stay a while and on top of that we had computer monitor problems. Well after tallying the votes up to the deadline time on New Years Day we finally have a winner by only one vote. It was a very close race to say the least. There were a lot of great recipes to choose from but the recipe that barely made it above the rest was ......

Drum Roll Please ................................

Sweet Potatoe Latkes by dimkasmir :anicute::huh::drama:

CONGRATS!!! YOU WIN THE GOLD COIN AND A CERTIFICATE FOR TOP FORUM RECIPE. SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS FOR YOUR PRIZE :ph34r::sad::huh:

Two other recipes stood out among the rest with both recieving the same amount of votes for second which were:

Pecan Noels by DaFunkyFrogs and the Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms by fairyhoney - if you both send me your addresses I'll send a little something for your great recipes since it was such a close race.

Edited by Nochipra

Hi all,

I'm so very sorry that I didn't post this earlier but we had some relatives who decided to come in for a visit right after Christmas and stay a while and on top of that we had computer monitor problems. Well after tallying the votes up to the deadline time on New Years Day we finally have a winner by only one vote. It was a very close race to say the least. There were a lot of great recipes to choose from but the recipe that barely made it above the rest was ......

Drum Roll Please ................................

Sweet Potatoe Latkes by dimkasmir :anicute::huh::drama:

CONGRATS!!! YOU WIN THE GOLD COIN AND A CERTIFICATE FOR TOP FORUM RECIPE. SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS FOR YOUR PRIZE :ph34r::sad::huh:

Two other recipes stood out among the rest with both recieving the same amount of votes for second which were:

Pecan Noels by DaFunkyFrogs and the Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms by fairyhoney - if you both send me your addresses I'll send a little something for your great recipes since it was such a close race.

No way . . . WOW, someone besides ME must have voted for My recipes ;) THANK YOU!