Number of geocaches found

locatorman

What does the stats bar under the user account page consider a find? My stats bar says that I have found 72 caches, while the "My Geocaching Logs (All)" list shows 73 caches found. Also, do these numbers include caches that have been logged multiple times? If they do, is there an easy way to find the number of unique cache finds? Thanks.

You can use your "my finds" PQ and cache stats or the "It's Not About The Numbers" website to find your number of unique finds. Not sure why your stat bar says 72 finds and your log page shows 73. If you just finished logging a few finds, your stat bar might not have updated.

What does the stats bar under the user account page consider a find?

Each time you log a "Found IT!" or and "Attended" log that's a find. You can log caches or events multiple times, the website isn't counting unique GCxxxxs.

There can be a lag between the match on your account page and your profile. Eventually they'll catch up and match.

There are several software applications that will give you a unique finds count once you have your "My Finds" pocket query data.

I checked out the OP's profile, I see 72 finds: 68 Traditional, 1 Multi, 3 Puzzle. I did not see any caches logged multiple times.

I think the discrepency is the "All Cache Logs" feature is including a note that you poted on your one cache you own. Hope that helps.

Just for fun I took a brief look and I spotted a double find on Former Ford Assembly Plant. Could be a possible explanation here. :)

I checked out the OP's profile, I see 72 finds: 68 Traditional, 1 Multi, 3 Puzzle. I did not see any caches logged multiple times.

I think the discrepency is the "All Cache Logs" feature is including a note that you poted on your one cache you own. Hope that helps.

Just for fun I took a brief look and I spotted a double find on Former Ford Assembly Plant. Could be a possible explanation here. :(

Good call, I have been guilty of doing that by mistake myself on several occasions.