GPSMAP 60Cx/60CSx/76Cx/76CSx

DENelson83

There are a few improvements to Garmin's GPS software for the units stated that I believe would improve the usefulness of the device.

Right now, when you select the "Time of Day" data field in the big numbers screen of the Trip Computer, you get this:

GPS27.png

It should include the date, as shown here:

GPS18.png

----

When viewing the description page for a Custom Point of Interest, you get something like this:

GPS29.png

The title at the top should reflect the filename that the Custom POI is located in pre-POI Loader, as shown here:

GPS25.png

----

All custom waypoint symbols have the same name:

GPS28.png

The unit and xImage should allow for those symbols to have custom names, like so:

GPS32.png

----

When I use the Highway page in nighttime display mode, the way it looks now causes my night vision to be compromised:

GPS33.png

It should instead look like this:

GPS13.png

----

Here is the menu you get when you press [Menu] on the Sun & Moon page:

GPS30.png

I would like to see a couple of extra options added:

GPS34.png

Edited by DENelson83

Just wondering...

What type of CPU is used on Garmin 60CSx ? Also, how much RAM? (not ROM)

I would like to have it beep when i get to my location. (when doing a route useing the road maps). If geocaching off-road mode, it beeps and lets me know i'm close to the geocache. But when I'm following a route on-road, it says on the screen arriving at so and so, with no beeping.

Another improvement is how it keeps zooming the road map way out after it gives me a turn direction. Why does it insist on doing this... pees me off each time.

--danny

Just wondering...

What type of CPU is used on Garmin 60CSx ? Also, how much RAM? (not ROM)

Another improvement is how it keeps zooming the road map way out after it gives me a turn direction. Why does it insist on doing this... pees me off each time.

--danny

That is settable. Go menu-->menu-->setup-->map-->general-->auto zoom-->off.

I'd like there to be a Favorites for searches (so I don't have to type in "Starbucks" every time I'm looking for one!) :) P.S. I only have a 60cs so if the "x" has this, please ignore!

Nope, that is a good idea. Someone else posted once they would like to see a "recent searches" in addition to recent finds. That way when you wanted Starbucks, you could pull up your recent searches, search for the nearest one and go there, rather than find the one you found three days and 300 miles ago.

I'd really like my GPSr to save my settings several ways. One setup for driving, one setup for hiking, etc. e.g.: When looking for a cache, I keep the GPS Accuracy field up, but I don't care about that when I'm driving. (I've mentioned this in other 'what-would-you-like' threads)

And something else, I guess you could call it "macros" or "hot-keys." Like a one-button-press-and-hold to activate something that normall takes menu, scroll, select, scroll, select. Like to switch from 'track up' to 'north up,' for example.

I'd like to be able to set a default city, or metro area. So every time I want to 'Find an Address' in my home city, I don't have to first spell out the city name.

And why does saving a track to my memory card strip it of the "meta-data" ??? I've got plenty of memory there, so keep it!

More hardware-related: How 'bout a dashboard or windshield mount that automatically plugs in external power?

I would like a menu option that let me check which waypoint groups I would like displayed:

- POIs from mapsource

- user waypoints

- different folders of user POIs

Most of the time I do not need the mapsource POIs.

I have my own sets of custom POIs that I need for different things, having them all displayed all the time clutters my screen and if I only load the ones I need today, then this afternoon I will wish I had the others.

My wish should be simple. I would like to see a return of the alarm clock! The CS had it and then it went missing with the x models.

it was my understanding that things that worked with the power off were incompatible with the SiRF receiver. That is why the x's don't have an alarm clock, nor do they do pressure trend recording with the power off (the 60CS did that).

I have a 76C so I'm not sure if this is on the "x" series but I would like to have the unit remember the last few icons I use and display them for easy selection when creating a waypoint. I only use a few icons regularly but from different "groups" and I tired of having to scroll through all of them each time.

My wish should be simple. I would like to see a return of the alarm clock! The CS had it and then it went missing with the x models.

it was my understanding that things that worked with the power off were incompatible with the SiRF receiver. That is why the x's don't have an alarm clock, nor do they do pressure trend recording with the power off (the 60CS did that).

Interesting! I didn't know that about the SiRF receiver! I guess you have to leave the thing on if you want good elevation after calibrating then.