Central Ohio Park District Interested in Geocaching

karenkelley

I am the director of the Marion County Park District situated about 45 miles north of Columbus, OH. We are a small park district that is interested in meeting area geocachers to help us put on an informative meeting for prospective participants.

We currently have two parks (5 acre and 12 acre) that can be geocached now, once we get a policy/procedure in place. We would like to have everything ready to go by spring. Other parks currently in development are a 7 acre parcel, a 37 acre parcel and soon a 12 mile abandoned rail corridor that is going to be converted to a recreational trail.

Marion, OH is the home to one of OSU regional campus's and they provide good community support for projects like this.

Please give me a call so we can meet and get new geocaching locations set up and build more interest in our area.

Karen Kelley, Director

(740) 223-4161

I would recommend checking with your local group, Central Ohio Geocaching. They will be your best resource, and will be best placed to help you organize this.

Alternatively, you can check visit them at one of their events, a state-wide list you can find here: Ohio events and caches. I'm not sure what's local for you, but that can get you started.

I think it's great that you're doing this, working with cachers to create a usable policy that everyone can live with.

Good luck, and good caching!

I'm going to fire your name off to Coaster, who is a COG member, and fairly local to you. Also, you can do a "hide and seek a cache" search for "Marion, OH", and that will return what cachers are actually closest to you. You can email them directly through their gc.com profile.

Be sure to stop over to www.geocacheohio.com. Coaster, Bjorn74 and I are the moderators over there, and will be happy to help you get things setup over there.

Thanks for the interest.

Pete

PM sent. Good to see another local parks department wanting to get on board with Geocaching. :(

You may also consider contacting Robespierre, Bacchus_Isocrates, shawn_woerlein, and fred792. They're all fairly active with Geocaching and are from the general area as well. There is also the North Central Ohio Geocachers (NCOG) in addition to the Central Ohio Geocaches that the Moop Along mentioned.

Edited by Mr. 0