Fancy a FTF ?

markandlynn

It just goes to show how competitive the FTF hounds are in the Shropshire area.

Last month The Bolas Heathens had to go to Iceland to get a FTF and now tacanman goes to The Falklands.

Fair play to you guys but is it really as bad as that? :)B):)

Makes us like poor cousins in only having to go to scotland for our last FTF :)

Thanks for all your comments with regard FTF in the Falklands. With regard to the posts, those who have friends coming here please note the TEAL inlet cache is probably the easiest to get to but will involve aprox 1 hour drive in a landrover from Stanley. The 2nd Falklands cache is a lot more difficult and getting to it is a challenge in itself. I am currently nearby and to get to Teal inlet involved 3 modes of transport including a helicopter. For Stoksey if you want a real challenge for your coin try the 2nd Falklands cache. The Falkland Islands is a very beautiful place and the islanders are a fantastic people, proud of their British ties but equally proud of being their own country with their own goverment etc. For those of you wanting to complete all my caches good luck on the Falklands one.

Just how unique an achievement is FTF in a country has anyone else in Shropshire done it for instance??

Going to try and bag this one in October!!!

Am out there for two weeks looking at plants & penguins.

BTW anyone know how to sent my Garmin Etrex to Falklands datum pls??

Kate

;)

Geocaching uses the same datum world wide.

How ever, you may need to let your etrex start a 'new search' if it's moved more than 500 miles from when it was turned off.

Convert these southerly coordinates to northerly ones and put it on the meridian line guess where it will be...just west of Cambridge.

Covert the southerly for northerly, but keep the westerly coordinates you'll be in Newfoundland with no caches around for over 60 miles.

Count ourselves lucky that our weather is not as bad as theirs! :ph34r:

Going to try and bag this one in October!!!

Am out there for two weeks looking at plants & penguins.

BTW anyone know how to sent my Garmin Etrex to Falklands datum pls??

Kate

:)

I hope you realise that this one is on West Falkland. Flights from UK land in East Falkland so you will need to take an island flight. There are penguin colonies locally and the flowers are stunning. I am not currently in the Falklands but have colegues near by. The local land owners are very friendly. Please take note of the comments on the cache page this is remote by anyone's standard and Falklands weather is notoriously fickle. In comparison to the other cache in the Falklands it will take a bit more time to get to and find walking boots and poles are strongly recommended. Please report on its status. Many thanks.