What's on your Watchlist?

Delta68

We usually add a cache to the watchlist after we've found it partly just out of interest to see who the next finder is but also to reassure ourselves that we re-hid it properly and it hasn't been muggled by the time the next person comes along.

Likewise, when we drop a trackable we will watch it to see where it goes next.

However, I have noticed that a cache listing often says that we are the only one watching the cache or we are one of two watcher.

This suggests that most cachers just forget about most caches once they have found them.

Discuss

I watch ones that intend to do, are known to be tricky or ones I have logged a DNF on.

Other than that its only events, for which i've now set up an email filter following about 100 'will attends' from the mega event.

I have to admit that I do remove them from the list once I have done them unless I have a special interest - its taken several visits to find it, a friend owns it, or it usually gets great logs/stories.

On our Watchlist there are

20 Jeeps (of various colours)

12 caches (5* ones, a couple that are rarely found, and one still awaiting a FTF)

9 TBs belonging to friends (which have rather interesting missions)

8 TBs which are carrying co-ords for caches

6 Events that we may, or maynot get to

3 geocoins

2 Unite for Diabetes TBs (which have local destinations)

... and a partridge in a pear tree.

I take full responsibility for everything on our Watchlist - MrB doesn't watch anything :rolleyes:

MrsB

We usually add a cache to the watchlist after we've found it partly just out of interest to see who the next finder is but also to reassure ourselves that we re-hid it properly and it hasn't been muggled by the time the next person comes along.

Likewise, when we drop a trackable we will watch it to see where it goes next.

Likewise, although it's starting to reach a point where it's no longer practical to do that as I'm getting overrun with emails, so probably time to get a bit more selective. It is nice to read of others reports on doing caches and seeing how they faired and how their experiences differ - especially as the seasons change and what was probably easy is now more tricky as it's covered in leaves/snow/nettles (delete as appropiate).

I have noticed recently though that occasionally the notification emails from Groundspeak of fellow cachers logs have been arriving as a solid block of jumbled characters - asthough it's encoded or something. Not sure if it's my mail server or Groundspeak... Any other avid cache watchers seen this? I have yet to try UUDECODING it, but may try that with the next.

Cheers,

Jon.

I've currently got 36 caches and 21 TB's on my watchlist. Most of the TB's are ones required to find various caches although there are a couple that I'd like to help on their missions later next year.

The caches on the list are a mixture of tough puzzle caches that I've yet to find and caches that I've got a DNF on in the past. There are also a couple that I've enjoyed and like to read other peoples logs.

I used to watch every cache I'd visited until the next time it got found, but I ended up with too many e-mails.

Blimey...

I have very little on my watch list...

I generally have events that I plan on attending, caches that I used to own, but have had them adopted out, TB's I want, or need to do caches with, a couple of Jeeps and the Diabetes TB that is destined for where I live.

I never really look at caches I've just done, unless I know someone local has done them, and see what they had to say in their log!!!

I think it might be time for a tidy up :rolleyes:

I've just noticed that 15 of the 291 caches on our watchlist are now archived!

We have 31 trackables on there as well :D These are usually ones with an interesting mission.

When I/we solve a puzzle we tend to add it to the watch list just in case it gets disabled before we get round to doing it.

We currently have about 25-30 puzzle caches in this state of limbo :D

Other notable caches get added as and when we notice them in someone's signature or on the forum

On our Watchlist.

1 Cache that "Requires Maintenance" - 1 of 16 watching (Maintenance 'In Progress')

2 TB's -part of the Alpha Quest series - 1 of 18 and 1 of 20 watching

1 TB -not in a cache we found, and seems to be "Missing In Action" We found another TB in the cache which was supposedly 'elsewhere...'

Added and removed as needed;

-Our DNF's until they are found or reported as missing.

Caches that are part of a series, if we are looking at doing the series and there are DNF's on any in the series.

G

I watch ones that intend to do, are known to be tricky or ones I have logged a DNF on.

Other than that its only events, for which i've now set up an email filter following about 100 'will attends' from the mega event.

I have to admit that I do remove them from the list once I have done them unless I have a special interest - its taken several visits to find it, a friend owns it, or it usually gets great logs/stories.

Same here.

A couple of DNFs that have been on the list for quite a while.... still not found or sorted by their owners.

A couple more fairly tough (physically) Scottish caches that I enjoyed and two more similar ones in South Wales. No events. A couple of T/Bs.

With 1600 odd caches found, it would be pretty daft to have them all on a watch list. It'd take me all evening to read the pesky emails.

I always put the cache that any of my TBs land in on my watchlist, so I keep keep my beady eye on them. I have a few favourite TBs belonging to other people on my watchlist. Sometimes I will add a DNF cache too, so I can see if and when it subsequently gets found. Finally, I have the caches on my watchlist which I jointly set and maintain with other cachers, but which are in their account name.

To stop my inbox getting clogged I have a filter which chucks emails which come in from my watchlist into a separate folder (geocaching ones are already diverted into their own folder).

I generally put DNFs we've had (to see if we missed it it was muggled) and caches that our TBs are in in case they get muggled! I often look through the list of caches that we've done to see which ones have been found recently and to read the logs, but that's getting harder as our finds increase :lol: