A 'Thank You' Cointest

intolerable

Many here have been really kind and generous to me and I wish that I could send a thank you to all of them.

The best I can do tonight is throw this 'Thank You' cointest and maybe one of them will win! As we don't actually have a coin of our own to give away, winner gets to choose between a Gold 12 Days of Caching or Gold 2007 Suncatcher (both Crake coins).

Rules are... post a thank you to someone who has been kind to you. You can include as many people as you want in your thank you. While we can all appreciate a thank you to someone we know in the forums, there is no need to limit it to the forums. Figure everyone can come up with at least one person they'd like to thank :D

One post per person!

Tomorrow night at 9pm Pacific Time contest ends and then we'll use a random number generator to pick the winning post.

I'll start off by thanking a few people for stuff very recently:

Thank you DubyaDee, mousekakat, Our Podcacher Secret Santa and tsunrisebey.

And thank you CCC, GSA and Geocoin Fairy and all those who I've gotten coins from. We recently got a bunch of our coins back after sharing them with others and I can't thank you enough for the smiles they give my son. It means a lot to us :rolleyes:

So many more people we'd like to thank, both on the forums and in our local geocaching community, but on with it! :D

The last time I tried to say thank you I am sure I left people out, though it was not intentional I felt bad. So to prevent this from occuring again I will issue a blanket thank you to all those who have made a positive impact in my coin collecting career, you know who you are !!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Boy, back 6 months ago it was a little easier for me, but there are just so many here we can be thankful for! So many great people and dang if I was too miss someone! But here goes!

Thanks GlennK- for all his contributions to the geocoinworld and to these forums...he has touched many!

Cornerstone4-for being the very first random act showed to me here...gifted me 2 Bikedog coins for Bikedogs cache.

Dorkfish-for being a long lasting friend who's always got a surprize in store!

Rasj-for always helpin out someone in need...He gives away all the coins he recieves!!!!! (even the mystery coins) :grin:

Chelmo- for everything he has done! He gave me one of his 30 resident coins when I got ripped off for a bunch of money to make me feel better!!! :rolleyes: amongst many other times!

Castleman- for puttin up with my needs as a buddy and as a customer...and dang if I havent got some surprize extras!

Kusanagi- for only he knows what I am thankful for! :D

Ble68- The girl who babysits all summer so she can get her own little coin made to give away and trade to people!!!...Thanks for the Nerds coin!!!

Atlantagal- For helping direct me in the right place for a special coin to be obtained for a special someone seeking one!...it worked!

T-sun- for all her awesome contests and killer designs, she also sent me the best Easter mission this year with stuff for the little one! :o

Mike Atwell- Got a XLE Morpho outa the blue...Only I think I know why! Thanks Mike

Dardevle- He's a good dude and a good dad!...and he's havin another real soon too!

BlueMotmot!-For spreading the best of holiday cheer!

Mousekatkat- For comin here and proving herself so quickly as a compassionate person

Deafhunt- For being who he is and taeching many of us patience!

Scavok-For workin dang near 7 days a week and still finding the time to pound out raw metal coins for us! :D

Rivercity- for thinkin of me during the holidays and always askes..."hows Sweetpea"

Dadfish-for being a cool guy to hang and cache with at events...Oh and gettin bit by snakes placin caches on my behalf!

Larry739-Great fun guy who's got some great fun caches!...even if I did end up with a DNF after 20 hrs of mayhem! He loves them travelers!

All the old timers!!!- Without them, we wouldnt know how things were and how things aughta be! :D

Of course all the mystery coin droppers!!!

Theres many more in need of a good thanks Im sure I forgot to mention! Good thing is...we got these shiny coins to remind us all good things that come here! I know I left someone off, but I figure it'd be fun to list the ones that came to mind right away...we all have many to thank so figured Id thank some of em!

Glad the people you meet here have touched you in a positive way Intolerable!

And thank you CCC, GSA and Geocoin Fairy and all those who I've gotten coins from.

I'll pile on the praise to these (and the many other) mystery coin-givers, who've been so generous to folks here. There's far too many people to thank individually for their do-goodings, so I'll also throw a blanket "Thanks" out there to those who know who they are.

Thanks for the cointest, intolerable. If this post number happens to be drawn, please pass any rewards on to a random newbie in these forums.

Thank you Secret Santa for bringing a smile to my face this year.....

Thank you Team_GeoBlast for inspiring me to hide above-average caches......

Thank you Jumpin' Jack Cache for putting up with me in preparing for the KY DeLorme Challenge launch......

AND

thank you to all the generous cachers out there who hold cointests and for the generosity you all spread year round.....you truly are a great bunch of people!

I would like to say thanks ! to all of you that have made trades with me over the past few years and also thanks to all of the Mystery Coin folks for some great looking coins for the community and to all of my secret missions folks that have sent me some great coins from my seeking list.And to all of the great friends that I have made here and in my area from this fun game-sport-hobby of geocaching. MERRY CHRISTMAS !! everyone and THANKS AGAIN ! !

Who to be thankful for: combination of cachers and non-cachers.

Non-cachers: my brother Doug, oh, as kids he was treated so badly, two against one, now he is so extremely important to me. Can call him anytime of the day and he will listen! THanks Doug.

Cachers: Zoejam72-great mentors for caching and teaching me to look beyond the pink mohawk hair to see great wonderful people and cachers

Eskoclimber-for teaching/mentoring about GSAK and Delorme Street Atlas mapping program.

Mousekakat and Rocking Roddy-for staying active in the coin forums and honesty about tough financial situations. As an adult, I continue to learn lifelong lessons, "I might me poor, but can hold my head high" THanks for your participation and posts.

Oh, there are more options, but these are the current tops on my list.

Accordiongal

I want to thank dorkfish for everything she's done for me and my family!! Never before have I met someone who thinks so much of other people before they think of themselves!!!!!!! Your friendship means a lot to me!!!

I also want to thanks all the cool coin people that I have had the pleasure of meeting and all the ones I still have not had the opportunity to meet!!

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

Great thread and like many others I'll have to go with the blanket 'Thank You' cause I'd be here for a couple of hours writing names, so Thank you;

*To those that send me emails of encouragement, support, friendship, compliments, etc., those really mean alot to me.

*To those who have sent me something coin/noncoin just because they wanted to do something nice or put a smile on my face, there have been times where I have been really touched by the generosity here.

*To the mystery coin givers with their positive and cute coins. Putting smiles on the faces of the masses.

*To the New Yawka who called to say 'hi' for 45 minutes, lmao.

*The cointesters who give their coins away freely and make these forums fun and give everyone a free shot at a coin.

*To those that do kind things for others without expectations and put a smile on someone else's face, other-wise known as Random Acts of Kindness.

*Thanks to all the people who support me in my coin endeavors be it by buying a coin or just sending a compliment my way. Without you there would never be a 'next' coin.

*All-in-all this is a pretty good community can't believe I've been here for just about a year already.

*Last but not least, thanks to those who put out caches. Without those people we would never have found our way here :rolleyes:

Ok, back to work..... great thread Chris and thanks for the opportunity to say all this :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS:

Merry Christmas

Hanukkah

Kwanzaa

Omisoka

Eid'ul-Adha

Epiphany

I'd like to thank Mousekakat and Solan109 for fooling me in to the wonderful part of geocaching that this whole geocoin thing is. Ever since I started with geocaching I've been a sucker for trackables, but it's thanks to Mousekakat and Solan109 I've understood that you can collect the coins too!

Mousekakat started it, when she posted a topic on the Swedish forum, that there would be minting of Geojellies 3 soon. I was all ears, and ended up with ten coins or so. Then Solan109 made it all worse, when she showed me her collection of geocoins, and told me that she was going to use her Geojellies (we were in a group at the GC.SE forum that made an order together) for trade.

Thanks to them I'm now trying to build an own collection so I can get inte the trading too. :rolleyes:

I'd like to start out with a special GET WELL SOON for GlennK....MAN, I hope you're getting better, I miss seeing your posts big guy! THANKS for being such a caring soul Glenn, I feel for you my friend!! I mean it when I tell you that I'd be there in a hearbeat if you have needs...please just let us know!

Jean....THANK-YOU for being one of the special people here in the forums! You were one of the very first to email me when my troubles began...I TRULY appreciate all that YOU have done (and yes, listening is truly one of the best ways to lend a hand)!! You're a GEM kiddo!!

Mousekakat....you sweetheart you!! Give my love to Micke and the yougsters...tell Hanna I ate her chocolates (no, maybe you'd better not lol)! You really helped me and continue to help me.....what a great family!!

Maldar....what a guy!!! Hey all, this guy has sold several coins in his quest to give us a hand up!! Big guy, you are SPECIAL!! We WILL meet up soon my friend!!

Michele...hey, you are AWESOME kiddo!! Such a kind and caring soul!! Give a HUGE hug to the family for me, they are such lucky people to have you (and I'm sure they know this). Give me a yell kiddo...love to chat!

Beverly and Anne...you two!!! I think you know my feelings for you and yours, I consider you my close friends (read that as FAMILY)!! THANKS for all that wonderful fun you provide with your stories and such, thanks for being such great friends who have soooo much fun together (your fun is great reading)!! Give me a call kiddos!!

Gary and Donna...WOW, you two are like family to me! You gave me the courage to run for the V.P. position in MiGO, you always find a way to lift my spirits during the rough times!! You two are just special!!! THANK-YOU!

Steph...what can I say? Another very kind and caring soul here in the forums!! THANKS kiddo!! Keep up the great coin designs, gotta love your work!! Watch your mail kiddo!

Karma.....you're AWESOME kid! The little packages, the well wishes, the cointests and missions....just for being YOU!! I need an addy as I think I might have misplaced yours kiddo!! Talk about putting the rider back on the horse....you are special in my book!!

Damenace....you are a most generous and caring soul, a true asset to this family! Someone feeling down, the menace picks them back up and dusts them off!! THANKS big guy...for being YOU!!!

The MYSTERY COINERS...you are an AWESOME group of people!! WOW, talk about giving freely of yourselves, I feel I am VERY fortunate to have you all here! The posts from all the grateful holders, the happiness you spread!! THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU!!!!

Our forums MODS...even you Keystone lol!!! Without the help of all you, where would we be? THANKS for laying down the law and playing fairly (even if I don't always agree). Your jobs are mostly thankless, you are mostly the overlooked here!! THANK-YOU!!!

Now...I KNOW I left out a LOAD of great friends here, and I truly apologize for this!! My head starts to swim as I try to think about how wonderful all of you are, it's just plain amazing!! SOOOO....TO ALL MY FRIENDS here in the forums, THANK-YOU!! I feel this group is one big happy family...and what a family it is!! I've never run into the kindness and generosity I've seen here, when someone is hurting, someone pops up to help (and unless you've never been "in need", you'll never realize just how special those little packages can be....NOT the coins or items so much as the love and caring which those packages represent!!

Without each and every one of you here, this family wouldn't seem whole!! THANK-YOU ALL for being YOU!!!

I'll likely post many more THANK-YOUs here, so my post is NOT in the running for this cointest and IF my post is chosen, I request a new pick!!

I'd like to thank Mousekakat and Solan109 for fooling me in to the wonderful part of geocaching that this whole geocoin thing is. Ever since I started with geocaching I've been a sucker for trackables, but it's thanks to Mousekakat and Solan109 I've understood that you can collect the coins too!

Mousekakat started it, when she posted a topic on the Swedish forum, that there would be minting of Geojellies 3 soon. I was all ears, and ended up with ten coins or so. Then Solan109 made it all worse, when she showed me her collection of geocoins, and told me that she was going to use her Geojellies (we were in a group at the GC.SE forum that made an order together) for trade.

Thanks to them I'm now trying to build an own collection so I can get inte the trading too. :rolleyes:

I´ve got a few more coins I can show you the next time we meet :D

Thank you for ordering the Geojellies for me

WOW! I am humbled and speechless, thank you to all the people who have mentioned me for various reasons! I honestly am floored and speechless, thank you!

There are so many people I want to thank. I KNOW that I'm going to end up leaving folks out, so I reserve the right to come back here and edit this thing :D

First, although she's tired of hearing it... LORIDARLIN!! Oh Lord, there are times when I think she's my long, lost twin sister, so many common experiences and thoughts on things! She's helped me smile when I didn't want to, and helped me heal when I needed to and she's just been an incredible friend. What a generous and special person she is, I know that there is a place reserved in Heaven for her!

and my list goes on...

Tsun, Steph, well, we don't do a lot of correspondence, but....right after I had the miscarriage I received a little package from Steph. I knew I was expecting the Earth Turtle pin that I had won, but when I opened it, the most beautiful white buffalo fell into my hands. I had been familiar with the story of the white buffalo in native folklore for many years, but I went to Steph's page and looked at the story behind the coin and realized just how much energy and healing could be found in it. Whoever wooda thunk that a simple piece of metal and enamel could heal a hurting heart so much. The colors, the symbolism, the word, the thought.... amazing.

57Chevy...hehehe, behind that mean looking avatar lies the heart of an angel and a heart of gold! Don't let that avatar fool ya, folks!

Steinwälzer and Solan 109, my two coin galfriends on this side of the pond, thanks for the notes, the chats, the emails...and the trades! It's nice having someone so "near!"

The dude with the funny bird as his nickname...Craig! Your chats are most looked forward to! They are a daily laugh and they bring a smile to my heart as well as laughter to my soul! You, too, Chantal! I love our google chats and the time we spend there!

Speaking of the chats, Jim and Paula and everyone else that frequents their little den of debauchery... ok...so not so debaucherous, but surely a lot of fun! Thanks for being there and for having your chat room!

Mike A. Thank you so much for helping me work on my coin! It may take me forever to get it done, danged finances, but some day! Thanks for your patience...and sorry I talk so much :grin:

Dolfy, a true, helpful sweetheart along with Karma, who is always out to help and share who she is and of her heart!

Fairyhoney for being such a ray of sunshine in the forums and Ble68 for showing me just how incredible kids her age can be! I hope my girls are just like you when they are your age, sweetie!

Frozen Buns and her wonderful family, including Fox and the Hound and that precious baby! They say that the nut never falls far from the tree. The generosity, kindness, friendliness and acceptance that these folks exude are a true example for me to follow! When (and if) I grow up, I want to be like ya'll!

Rod... bud.... you think that I'm the one that is there for you, but you don't know how often you've been there for me! I may tell you to hold your chin up, but you're helping me hold mine up, too! Some day I'm gonna get to your place and collect a big ol' bear hug from you... and those chocolates! :o

There are so many more! I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of space here, lol!

Intolerable, BlueMotMot, Nora, Deafhunt, LadyB, AccordionGirl, The Klevers, ohhh, the list, it goes on and on! You guys helped me feel at home here and have been wonderful to me in the forums. I've learned so much from you all, whether or not you realize it! Sometimes some folks make that "to have a friend you must first be a friend" thing really easy! You people all make it easy to be a friend to others here and without you all, the forum would be a really lonely place!

I´ve got a few more coins I can show you the next time we meet :D

Thank you for ordering the Geojellies for me

Lelle and Solan, I'm gonna be in the big city mid January if all goes well... and I'll bring my coins so you guys can discover them and have fun looking, hey, we may even do a few trades!

Much love to all!

Naomi :D

Thankss - now there's a thing.

Here I sit waiting for a Malaria test as I'm not feeling well and I was working (and caching) in Uganda last week where there is both Malaria and EBOLA virus. So I'm really thankful for my health.

I get my test results back tomorrow! Will let you all know - but for now I have a major headache and sore muscles. Really hoping it's just a virus.

First I'd like to thank the big guy upstairs for giving us this gorgeous ball of rock and water we call the earth...

then i'd have to thank my kids who got dragged into doing a nightcache last night and who couldn't feel their legs...

then in the caching world...3Doxies as they were the first coin people I ever contacted (I have two doxies) and were kind enough and generous enough to send me a personal coin of theirs. That was my first exposure to the kindness and generosity that I have seen in these forums since my short time in the caching world.

Edited by gardengorilla

My biggest thank you goes to the Groundspeak Team and the volunteers for giving us a place to virtually meet, discuss, and allows us to have a "community". Without them I would have fewer friends.

I agree with Mr Explorer3--thank you Groundspeak for providing the place that I could make so many wonderful friends.

--A very big thank you to all the mystery coin givers. You bring smiles to so many with your coins and your magic!

--A big thank you to GlennK721 for being my friend and covering my back! LOL

---A big thank you to Nurse Nanna my frequent caching partner who took a day off work today so we could make a caching trip. Unfortunately the trip was canceled because of the weather. Maybe that was for the best as on one of our recent trips the cops were involved and on another someone thought I was kidnapping her! LOL

---I'm afraid I might miss naming someone as there are so many of you to name. I would say similar things as Rod did so I will just say thanks to everyone (including the "girls"!)