car talking gps

wbscs

I have a mio but there are things that it does not do that I want. Heres what I need does anyone use one that meets my requirements and is happy with their unit. I want to be able to load my car gsp with caches just as i do my handheld garmin. When caching I want to hit a button and it will show me the nears cache, then I hit a button and it routes to that cache. I want the auto gsp to tell me the street name I am going to turn onto, along with if it is a right hand or left hand turn. With arrow display. When I arrive at my POI I want it to tell me if it is on the right side or the left side of the road. I want lots of POI preloaded. Easy to use. Plus able to upgrade maps next week when the current info is out of date. When I go somewhere that the gsp could not guide me too, due to new neighborhoods. I want to mark that spot and keep it stored so it will remember how to return to that house again. I think that about covers what I need. Someone tell me what I need to buy.

thanks

Lisa

I have a mio but there are things that it does not do that I want. Heres what I need does anyone use one that meets my requirements and is happy with their unit. I want to be able to load my car gsp with caches just as i do my handheld garmin. When caching I want to hit a button and it will show me the nears cache, then I hit a button and it routes to that cache. I want the auto gsp to tell me the street name I am going to turn onto, along with if it is a right hand or left hand turn. With arrow display. When I arrive at my POI I want it to tell me if it is on the right side or the left side of the road. I want lots of POI preloaded. Easy to use. Plus able to upgrade maps next week when the current info is out of date. When I go somewhere that the gsp could not guide me too, due to new neighborhoods. I want to mark that spot and keep it stored so it will remember how to return to that house again. I think that about covers what I need. Someone tell me what I need to buy.

thanks

Lisa

[/quote

Number one, how much money do you want to spend? The two models I have researched the most are the Garmin 760 and the 2820, but I'm sure there are cheaper models that will also do what you want. I ended up buying the 2820. You can get on Garmin's site and download the manuals for all of the different models.

I'm not quite sure about your requirement about maps. The maps are only updated by Garmin every so often, but when a new update comes out you can purchase the update.

thanks

Lisa

This will do what you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Lowrance-iway-100...1QQcmdZViewItem