Caching Through The Snow #4 Geocoin

Team Rampant Lion

The Caching Through The Snow Event #4 was held in Sparta, NJ on December 9th. About 60 geocachers joined a pre-hike through the Sparta Edison WMA and a total of 80 participants joined together to celebrate the year-end at the actual event. These coins were made to mark the celebration:

d5a37711-c66f-48cd-839c-d125fd7f7c16.jpg

FRONT

6c9d4219-8aab-4f07-b522-65683d046d5e.jpg

BACK

The coins a festive scroll design (based on a Basel Fasnacht pin). The Front highlights a bear holding a "Please Don't Feed The Geocachers" sign; a cache map (similar to those given to the pre-event hike participants) and an image of my dog Bailey skiing. Two bears peek out from the sides of the coin as the pre-hike area is well known for its overpopulation of black bears. On the backside, my annual tradition of including a Scottish or Gaelic Seasonal Toast continued with "Slainte maith, h-uile latha na chi 'snach fhaic" translated to mean "Good health every day whether I see you or not".

The coins are 1.75" tall by 1.6" wide and 3.5mm thick. These are two tone metal coins. They are trackable at geocaching.com with an event icon.

I have about 40 of the Gold with antique silver coins and about 50 of the Nickel with antique bronze left. The cost of the coins is $11.50 each including shipping/handling (insurance is optional, let me know if you want it) for individuals in the United States. Outside the US, contact me and we'll figure it out. I will ship the coins in padded envelopes once payment is confirmed.

Please email me if you are interested and include your name/address/email address so I can send a paypal invoice. This is a first come, first served offer until they are gone.

Tell me when the next one is planned, we could host one at the same time in Sparta, MI. That would be funny. Wish I could get one, but with all I'm doing this year ... Well, lets say I'm well past the PUSHing the limits and the GO 4 BROKE stages. On the other hand I'm going to have so much fun if all goes well that I don't care.

Maldar

PS forgot to mention that those look great.

Tell me when the next one is planned, we could host one at the same time in Sparta, MI. That would be funny. Wish I could get one, but with all I'm doing this year ... Well, lets say I'm well past the PUSHing the limits and the GO 4 BROKE stages. On the other hand I'm going to have so much fun if all goes well that I don't care.

Maldar

PS forgot to mention that those look great.

Always try to host the event the first Sunday in December. Next years event will likely be Sunday, December 7th.

Anyone having trouble with activating their coins, here is the advice someone sent me to pass along:

"Anyone having trouble with coin activation goto support@oakcoins.com Email your tracking # they will email you activation code."

Here is an earlier post on how to activate. I am not really a coin pro (as I make only the one a year) so I am frustrated like you that the activation has been a problem for a number of people. I have reached out to get advice on how to handle from OakCoins. I will pass along as soon as I get it.

It is making me think I might skip the tracking code next year. It adds to the cost and I have a sense that very few actually need to be tracked.

PS - I still have a handful of Gold and quite a few Nickel left for purchase.