GC4C "In the Light" Geocoin

PsYkO.ns

I have a few quesiton that may help me decide one way or the other.

1. Size?

2. Thickness?

3. Will the plating metioned all be produced or are those just options and you haven't decided?

4. Soft, hard, translucent, glow or glitter. What kind of enamel will be used?

Sorry to ask so many question bit without the cost of an icon ($150 or $1.50/coin at 100 minted), the coin seems very plain for that price. :D

1. Size?

42mm diameter

2. Thickness?

3mm

3. Will the plating metioned all be produced or are those just options and you haven't decided?

We will definatley be going with the satin gold and nickel and the polished gold and nickel. The black plate nickel is the only one that is "in the air". its been my experience that black nickel either looks really really good or really really bad.. once we see the sample we'll know whether we're going to go with it. The company is also going to do up a sample coin in antiqued pewter but thats just to see how it would look, we've not planned for it nor has anyone asked for it, once again its a matter of whether it looks good. So we're basically going on the basis of a set of 4-5 coins, with definate selection made when the sample coins are made.

4. Soft, hard, translucent, glow or glitter. What kind of enamel will be used?

Translucent enamel. What you weren't able to see from the sample artwork was that there would be thin rays of metal coming from the cross that would be under the enamel on the front of the coin.

----------------------------

The artwork that you are able to see is our final edit(with instructions) that we returned to the Coin Company. they will send us a copy of their final artwork to be sent to the mint (including explanation of how the colors will work (the back, if i understand correctly, will be metal where its showing blue, It;s supposed to just show that the metal has recessed from the surface. we also did some extensive modification to the front so the colors don't match right now.

I expect to see the final artwork early next week and will post it here and on our website so that everyone can see.

I just got off the phone with the Coin Dealer and we were discussing the textures ... its going to be a really nice coin..

I expect to get their final Mint Artwork from them by Monday at the latest... Once i have their work, I'll post it here.

The Company that we're going through is LandSharkz.ca

Hi all,

I just got the first images of the finished Sample coins!!! They are so gorgeous

These coins are Polished Nickel, Satin Nickel and Satin Gold:

edi002191cm7.jpg

edi002194yl4.jpg

These coins are Polished Gold , ***Antique Silver*** and Black Nickel Plate:

edi002192gc5.jpg

edi002193ao0.jpg

If you want any of these coins please go to:

http://www.geocachers4christ.com/Coins/index.html and follow the instructions along the right side Panel... (the image there is still the original artwork images, I'll update them with the Pictures later tonight.)

***Please note, the Antique silver is not available, it was an additional piece the coin company had made***

J

and to make matters even better... because of the interest that has been generated recently the coin that was not going to have a unique icon, will now have one

we just broke the 250 coin orders... So if anyone was holding back because they wanted the unique icon... you can have it now!!!