Think I know who took my TB but what do i do?

tjsmom117

I think I found out who has my TB. He is a new user. The TB name is the travel duck( TB1CJCW ). The last where abouts are bookoo 10 1st Cache GC11HNH. The user after it was dropped off, was his 2nd find. I tried to email several times but with no response. What do I do? Is it lost forever? Please let me know this is my first TB and it only went to 2 places. Thanks

<personal email removed by moderator>

Edited by Eartha

I think I found out who has my TB. He is a new user. The TB name is the travel duck( tracking number removed by moderator ). The last where abouts are bookoo 10 1st Cache GC11HNH. The user after it was dropped off, was his 2nd find. I tried to email several times but with no response. What do I do? Is it lost forever? Please let me know this is my first TB and it only went to 2 places. Thanks

I feel your pain. I've lost several tbs as well. I discovered your duck from the post above. Anyone could do the same and send your missing duck around the world without ever having it...I won't do that...

Edited by Eartha

To the jokers who discovered it from the number being posted here, your logs have been deleted. Don't do that. You know better.

To the OP, there isn't much you can do, other than a nicely worded email to the person who last had your TB. I wouldn't pester them with multiple emails all bunched together. You can email them now, and again in a few weeks. Perhaps include the link pinned at the top of these TB forums with the instructions on how to log a TB.

To the jokers who discovered it from the number being posted here, your logs have been deleted. Don't do that. You know better.

To the OP, there isn't much you can do, other than a nicely worded email to the person who last had your TB. I wouldn't pester them with multiple emails all bunched together. You can email them now, and again in a few weeks. Perhaps include the link pinned at the top of these TB forums with the instructions on how to log a TB.

I have a feeling that whomever "discovered" this bug was probably showing the owner what Can be done. I bet that they (since you used a plural noun) were going to delete their logs today and that they appreciate you " being there" for them :laughing:

I have a feeling that whomever "discovered" this bug was probably showing the owner what Can be done. I bet that they (since you used a plural noun) were going to delete their logs today and that they appreciate you " being there" for them :laughing:

Yes my intent was to only demonstrate what could be done(and still can) with a little research....No interest here in retaining a tb without handling it...pointless really....

I think I found out who has my TB. He is a new user. The TB name is the travel duck( erased the tb number). The last where abouts are bookoo 10 1st Cache GC11HNH. The user after it was dropped off, was his 2nd find. I tried to email several times but with no response. What do I do? Is it lost forever? Please let me know this is my first TB and it only went to 2 places. Thanks

I feel your pain. I've lost several tbs as well. I discovered your duck from the post above. Anyone could do the same and send your missing duck around the world without ever having it...I won't do that...

Edited by Eartha

Erased the tb number

I feel your pain. I've lost several tbs as well. I discovered your duck from the post above. Anyone could do the same and send your missing duck around the world without ever having it...I won't do that... I have tried several times to delete the tb tag number that tj.....s posted...Don't know how to do it...any ideas?

Erased the tb number

I feel your pain. I've lost several tbs as well. I discovered your duck from the post above. Anyone could do the same and send your missing duck around the world without ever having it...I won't do that... I have tried several times to delete the tb tag number that tj.....s posted...Don't know how to do it...any ideas?

I contacted the moderater and asked that Post#2 be deleted. It still has the tb number attatched...I am not a jokester!

I think I found out who has my TB. He is a new user. The TB name is the travel duck( TB1CJCW ). The last where abouts are bookoo 10 1st Cache GC11HNH. The user after it was dropped off, was his 2nd find. I tried to email several times but with no response. What do I do? Is it lost forever? Please let me know this is my first TB and it only went to 2 places. Thanks

It appears that many of us have lost travel bugs. I've lost several that traveled thousands of miles, only to come up "missing." What's annoying is I can see who picked them up last, and despite e-mails to them asking them to release them, I generally don't get a reply, but if I do they deny all knowledge of their whereabouts.

Perhaps Geocaching can come up with some sort of penalty for those who we know stole our travel bugs? I would certainly be in favor of it.

I also feel your pain. Me and my boyfriend put out our first "baby". Candyman the Christmas Troll and we know who picked him up and he even responded to one email but Candyman still is not moving. Upon further research I have seen several postings about some of the caches this person has been to and changed the cache in some way or played pranks in the cache. So I feel he will never send Canyman on his way. I am like you and feel something shouls be done and this person lose his privledges but what would stop him from getting a new account??? :rolleyes:

I also feel your pain. Me and my boyfriend put out our first "baby". Candyman the Christmas Troll and we know who picked him up and he even responded to one email but Candyman still is not moving. Upon further research I have seen several postings about some of the caches this person has been to and changed the cache in some way or played pranks in the cache. So I feel he will never send Canyman on his way. I am like you and feel something shouls be done and this person lose his privledges but what would stop him from getting a new account??? B)

Interesting that I should run across this thread today. I had an issue with one omy geocoins being picked up from a cache and not logged. The coin has its' racing tags attached and is quite clearly activated and in a race. The cacher picked up the coin and noted in his log on the cache page that he had picked up the coin but never logged the coin out of the cache. I sent a nice e-mail thanking him for picking up my coin and helping it along the way and asked him to please log it so I could track its' progress. No e-mail back, and the coin was not logged. I waited a week (roughly) and then e-mailed again with instructions as to how to log a trackable item and again thanking him for moving my coin along. No response. So I started doing some research. The cacher in question was out caching all during this time. He/she logged on to the site on a regular basis. In more than one cache log he/she thanked another cacher for hints for the said cache. So... I looked up said cacher on that cache page (can't give hints for something you did not find) and e-mailed them. I asked if they could please contact the other cacher as my e-mails did not seem to be going through and have him/her log my coin. The coin was logged the same day. Within a day or so the coin was also dropped into a cache that rarely sees visitors.

Some people do not understand how to log a TB. Some just don't care. Some bugs just disappear. Some people steal them. :rolleyes: My caching buddy refuses to put out any more. I haven't put out any in quite a while after what happened to my ARKMO coin. But my sister sent me four geocoins for Christmas! So, I shall try again, and see what happens. Some have made some interesting trips. I've got four wandering about Europe, including the one that disappeared from Pennsylvania, and showed up in Spain! WE shall see how the next generation fares.

Some people do not understand how to log a TB. Some just don't care. Some bugs just disappear. Some people steal them. :rolleyes: My caching buddy refuses to put out any more. I haven't put out any in quite a while after what happened to my ARKMO coin. But my sister sent me four geocoins for Christmas! So, I shall try again, and see what happens. Some have made some interesting trips. I've got four wandering about Europe, including the one that disappeared from Pennsylvania, and showed up in Spain! WE shall see how the next generation fares.

Here's my personal solution...buy a box of 100 Tbs and attach them to things that have no real meaning in your life, then I won't really care if a few go missing. I'll let you know if it works out.