Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa's Caching Clauses

So is it just me, or does the ammo can appear to be smiling? (due to the arrangement of the handle on the front and the ends of the bar above?) B)
I admit it, I TOTALLY think the ammo can IS smiling at us B) B) B)

Well, I know I'm always happy when I find an ammo can, but wasn't sure the feeling was reciprocated by the ammo can! B)

I wrote about it already in the "Whats in your mailbox"-thread, but didn't find the time to take a picture yesterday and the day before yesterday (still family visits for christmas etc.).

I left home on saturday morning to spend christmas with my family, so I couldn't check my mail on saturday and on christmas eve. When I came back on christmas day late in the evening, I found a tiny bubble mailer in my mailbox, and it came from me B) And when I opened it, a cute little stocking with blue glitter fell out of it B) and a little green card, too. I guess it arrived on christmas eve, perfect timing B)

stocking.jpg

Thanks so much, Santa's Caching Clauses!!! B)B)B)

Edited by Steinwälzer

I totally wasn't expecting to get one of these but what a great surprise today to find one in my mailbox! It's been a weird holiday season for me as I had to work this year for the first time ever (since I started a new job, had no leave saved up and they are open this week!), no decorations (since they are all in CO waiting for the house to be sold) and being away from the hounds....

Anyway...what a great surprise and I am sooo thankful that I was included. Thank you to the great Santa in the sky....it's very appreciated!

I saw that a friend had received one of these cute little stockings, and I was hoping to get a peek at it. I thought for sure that's all I would get -- a peek -- especially since someone mentioned the naughty and nice list, and I tend to lean heavily on one side of it!

But, in the mail I found a small envelope addressed to me, from me -- an elfish surprise all the way from the North Pole, a little treasure to remind me of the holiday season and the spirit of giving. Thank you so much, Santa's Caching Clauses! I love the little stocking!

Happy Holidays to All!

e1eca5d2-7f7a-44a7-b089-906eb2f9f380.jpg

:rolleyes: Wow, I have not been around the forums much lately. I decided to make Christmas quilts this year and for the last few months I have been very busy. What a surprise it was when my daughter brought in the house this rather small brown envelope. I was so shocked I let it set for several hours before opening it up. This Christmas was a bit strange for us, as we did not get to see the grandkids till after Christmas and my oldest daughter recently moved to N Carolina. Oh well I digress. Finally opened the envelope and found the cutest little stocking coin with a wonderful little poem. My eyes did well up a bit:) To whoever the sender was I send my deepest gratitide and thanks. May you all be blessed this coming New Year.

I have been nice and naughty, does that count :rolleyes: !! I better go sit on Santa's lap and do some convincing!!!

I can vouch for the naughty part.. as in some of the caches we have placed together. As for Nice, Boo Boo will have to be asked that.

I am so lucky to have found one of these stockings in my mail when I got back off a road trip today. Thanks Santa.

Edited by lyonden_ut

Thanks,

Is it a geocoin, or just a stained glass bear? Just curious.

Jason

Hi,

What is the bear coin on the top left of the picture? I have not seen it before and it looks pretty cool.

Thanks,

Jason

Here is a picture of some of the coins I got this holiday season!

DSCN0617_edited-1.jpg

The poor bear has a shadow, but he is too cute for words!

That is the bear Karma did for us for taking part in the Secret Santa Missions. It is so cute! It has the stained glass look to it.

Mr Jiffy, it's prolly one of, if not the, world's thinnest coins! Karma had it minted for the folks who participated in the Secret Santa project. It's not trackable, but it's darned cute! Contact Karma (Dorkfish) to see if she's got one you may be able to buy or trade for. It's pretty good sized, too, just THIN!

Naomi :sad:

Mr Jiffy, it's prolly one of, if not the, world's thinnest coins! Karma had it minted for the folks who participated in the Secret Santa project. It's not trackable, but it's darned cute! Contact Karma (Dorkfish) to see if she's got one you may be able to buy or trade for. It's pretty good sized, too, just THIN!

Naomi :sad:

Thanks Naomi for providing the great info about the teddy bear coin :sad: I wish I had more but unfortunately these were only available to those who took part in the secret santa missions. I had 3 extras sets that were sold on ebay for a local charity for Christmas. All I have left is my set :D But I ain't parting with that, lol :D

I got one of these coins on a cold Christmas Eve

And I thought "Gee, what poem could I re-weave?"...

:sad:

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The decorations were hung by my father with care,

in hopes that I would get off work, and would soon be there.

The children weren't nestled all snug in their beds,

my brother at his wife's family home, and I at work instead;

My mamma in her 'kerchief, and Dad in his cap,

Had just settled down when on their door I did rap,

Inside their old house there arose such a clatter,

as they made a delicious dinner to surely make me fatter.

After dinner to the stockings we flew like a flash,

the argument of too many gifts for me I tried to rehash.

My father exclaimed with a hearty HoHo,

shut up ah you mouth, start opening, lets go!

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

but an envelope adressed to me, from me, right here!

With hands all a flutter, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

I opened this envelope that called me by name,

I knew not what it was, myself I now blame;

This poem needs a line here that rhymes with Vixen,

and another one here that sounds just like Blitzen.

Larger packages I send there and my folks will call,

as the mailbox at my apartment just isn't too tall.

But when this little envelope poked its head out and said Hi!

the surprise was on me as you can see why.

So into the envelope my fingers they flew,

as my folks crowded 'round - they wanted to see too.

And then, in a twinkling, the pudding was the proof

a sparkly little geocoin stocking, it wasn't a spoof!

As I held it in my hand, and was turning it around,

a little green note quickly was found.

The nice mini elf from his head to his foot,

was offering well-wishes without any soot.

Part of the poem the coin had on its back

also a short message for language skills I lack.

The top of the coin like a sparkling blueberry

the front and the back as red as a cherry.

Santa holding a stocking and standing in snow

and a festive Christmas tree, its star all aglow.

An ammo can resting in the snow at his feet

even showing the year, wow what a treat!

Santa's broad face and his round little belly

seems ready to shake like a bowful of jelly.

This coin is so special I'll put it on a shelf

and laugh whenever I see it, in spite of myself;

I've been up all day and I need to go to bed,

I hope you like my poem, my brain is almost dead.

This gift is special and its collectable - that's a perk!

I wonder who you are but I won't go berserk.

To include a poem with the coin is what you chose

so I wanted to thank you in a way other than prose.

I hope my silly rhyme hasn't made you bristle

I've followed the original poem straight as a missle.

So let me exclaim, ere I log out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

:sad::D:D

YEE HAW! Yippy ky yo and ki ya ! I Am So excited. I went to the WSGA holiday party. There, a fellow cacher said, Fairyhoney, this is for you. She was Tomison ( NOW, I remember that name from passing her some coins at the GeoBoo 2007) . Well, she handed me the smallest little ammo can that I ever did see. It had a pretty glitzy gold ribbon on around it. Guess what was inside?!? . . . The sweetest little stocking that one could ever see :) . THANK YOU ! Thank you , thank you. I AM cared for :) Did I say , thank you :D

YEE HAW! Yippy ky yo and ki ya ! I Am So excited. I went to the WSGA holiday party. There, a fellow cacher said, Fairyhoney, this is for you. She was Tomison ( NOW, I remember that name from passing her some coins at the GeoBoo 2007) . Well, she handed me the smallest little ammo can that I ever did see. It had a pretty glitzy gold ribbon on around it. Guess what was inside?!? . . . The sweetest little stocking that one could ever see :mad: . THANK YOU ! Thank you , thank you. I AM cared for :) Did I say , thank you :mad:

Silly, of course you are! You're always here and smiling and encouraging folks!

Sunshine :)

Naomi :D

YEE HAW! Yippy ky yo and ki ya ! I Am So excited. I went to the WSGA holiday party. There, a fellow cacher said, Fairyhoney, this is for you. She was Tomison ( NOW, I remember that name from passing her some coins at the GeoBoo 2007) . Well, she handed me the smallest little ammo can that I ever did see. It had a pretty glitzy gold ribbon on around it. Guess what was inside?!? . . . The sweetest little stocking that one could ever see :anibad: . THANK YOU ! Thank you , thank you. I AM cared for :o Did I say , thank you :o

Right on! Congrats! The party was great fun, but sounds like that was extra special :-)

You were quite generous yourself last night and mightyzinn is very happy with your Geo Tag and has gone on and on about it today! Thanks!

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the clarification. It almost does not look like a coin because of its size and thickness (at least from the photo). I'll contact Karma and see if she has any leftovers available.

Thanks,

Jason

Oops, just saw Karma's later post, guess I wont be getting one anytime soon! I'll have to add it to my seeking list.

Naomi :anibad:

Edited by mrjiffy

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the clarification. It almost does not look like a coin because of its size and thickness (at least from the photo). I'll contact Karma and see if she has any leftovers available.

Thanks,

Jason

Oops, just saw Karma's later post, guess I wont be getting one anytime soon! I'll have to add it to my seeking list.

Naomi :anibad:

Well, I'd offer to share mine with you if it weren't for a certain 8 year old who would make my life even more miserable in her teen years than what she probably already has planned for me, lol! Maybe someone can trade you one! I hope you get one, it's really a neat little bear and amazingly thin!

Naomi :o

We've been so busy, with working overtime at work, trying to get ready for the new grandbaby, cleaning up after Christmas, and remodeling the house, that I hadn't noticed how much the mail had piled up on the pool table. So now, today, I decided I'd better get things cleaned up for the New Year's party we're supposed to have tomorrow night (not too sure if we'll get to have it, Amigo Son #2 decide to spike a temp tonight of 102, so we'll just have to see how he feels tomorrow!)

To my surprise, as I sorted through the stack of After-Christmas bills, regular bills, medical bills, junk mail, and late Christmas cards, I found a SMALL BROWN ENVELOPE!!! And what was on this envelope, you ask? OUR ADDRESS!! And who was it from? US!!!! I looked at my hubby, and he looked at me, and Amigo Son #2 was having a fit for me to open it!

So I tried to rip it open, but it was sealed too well. Then I couldn't find the scissors, don't know where I left them after wrapping gifts! Hubby didn't have his pocketknife in his pocket, either! Amigo Son #2 grabbed a steakknife, and it ripped right through that tape!!

Out popped the CUTEST little stocking!! Oh, I just can't believe it!! I know we haven't been terribly naughty this year, but we haven't been the nicest, either! But I guess somebody thinks we've been good, because they shared some joy with us!!

Thank you so much!! This really put a smile on our faces! We have just the perfect place in our coin collection for this special jewel!! (But first, I have to see if I can find somebody that can read the writing on the bottom of the stocking!!)

Happy New Year to ALL of the Wonderful Folks here in the Forums!! Hope all your New Year's resolutions come true!!

Edited by The Amigos

Amigo Son #2 grabbed a steakknife, and it ripped right through that tape!!

Out popped the CUTEST little stocking!! Oh, I just can't believe it!! I know we haven't been terribly naughty this year, but we haven't been the nicest, either! But I guess somebody thinks we've been good, because they shared some joy with us!!

/quote]

MY kind of guy, I use steak knives for a Lot of things mostly Not steaks, though :anibad: I also have used scissors to "edge" our yard ( I got the stitches to prove it) :o :o